Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag night - what is the best lapdancing club in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

IBTL

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

TBH, he is an idiot for telling you. what happens on a stag/hen weekend should stay there. The main responsibility of the best man is to kill anyone who dares mentions this sort of thing.

there is a lot of pressure on guys to do this sort of thing which, tbh, is a complete waste of money anyway.

Lets face it, the guy has done it, probably under pressure from mates, felt guilty and told you. chalk it up to experience and get on with your marriage.

Yeah I'd say he felt under a certain amount of pressure to do it. But do 2?? Dunno...

Don't think the idea of lying to your future wife/husband is a very good idea..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

sounds very trollish. i'm surprised your relationship lasted 10 years. you sound very very insecure.

oh and IBTL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

capricatz wrote: »
    i tell you i'll make him pay for it for a long time to come

Don't be silly.
    ive never been so hurt in my life and feel betrayed and worthless

I agree what he did was wrong, but honestly, in his mind it had nothing to do with you. It was just something stupid he wanted to do before he got married.

Unacceptable, but you should not feel worthless.
    it ruined now ill always look back and remember.

It's not ruined. You're overreacting.

I understand you're upset, but the wedding is not ruined. He's still the exact same person he was last month.

He just did something stupid. At least he had the honesty to tell you about it.
    he feels rotten and too right he should. he'll never go to another stag again , ha ha

I now sense this is a wind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,781 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I think its funny that she doesn't seem to know what sentence structure, or a full stop is.

Your fella obviously enjoyed himself. If he says he didn't then he is ghey, and thats a much bigger problem than you have now. You seem insecure and I think you should just settle yourself with the fact that he got laid on his stag. Lets face it, most guys do. Console yourself with the fact that he paid for it, and it might have just been sex for him rather than an emotional lustful get together.

Enjoy the wedding!

IBTL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

The Barcley Club is by far the best. The girls are all nice and manage to at least fake some interest;). Doormen are sound but behave....the have a zero tolerance policy to bull**** and rightly so.

Personally i got one dance in the Barcley Club but only as i felt bad as she had spent 2 and a half hours chatting to me while my mates blew the months wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

taconnol wrote: »
    Don't think the idea of lying to your future wife/husband is a very good idea..

You are either
    A) Female
    B) Not married.

of course lying to your future wife is acceptable, its called practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

To hell with strip clubs, just get a decent GF whose up for a bit of messin' about

JohnCleary wrote: »
    To hell with strip clubs, just get a decent GF whose up for a bit of messin' about
    Nah GF's are over rated. Hookers is where its at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 capricatz

he never did anything like that before so its a hugh shock. i'll get over it but when i say my vows i dont want to be thinking of him and naked lap dancers as you shouldnt be thinking of such on your wedding day thats why its tainted. i should just be able to enjoy my self dont know if i can. i know the lads payed for his private sessions and by that i feel they have no respect for me and our relationship.

i dont want a guy whose gona be looking at every woman he passes who knows that night might have change his whole prospective of what should happen in the bedroom. theres not a hope im getting a pole to dance round ill shove it up is ass and throw him out the window.
    after 10 years with had ups and downs his had cancer at christmas and who nursed him through it not his mate paying for sleezy thrill. least i know he'll never do it again.

as for him owning up to it i would have rather found out in 5 years as would be in the past and not relevant - 9 years ago i was pregnant with our first child i was very sick and in hospital for a week he said he could not visit me cause he had to study for college fine, he had exams comming up. a year later i got talkin to his mates turned out he was stiping in a nighclub pissed drunk insted of being with me, i laughed it off BUT if i had found out when i was pregnant - relationship over.

and about being insecure i probably am a bit i was a size 8-10 when we met 10 years on 3 kids im a size 14 and to have skinny big boobed dancers round him sure id feel insecure who woulnt - now im on a starve me diet. i trust him not to go off with anyone but dont like him looking at live in the flest lap dancers.

i can get over the strip club its the private sessions that hurt.

• Advertisement

i told him no stip clubs before he went on his stag, i really really hate what he did and wish he never told me at least i would be able to enjoy my wedding ive been waiting 10 years for it. it ruined now ill always look back and remember. the lack of respect for me is what hurts, i know he'd never sleep with anyone but when he told me quite merrily that he had gone to stip club and had 2 private lap dances and didnt enjoy it (hello he had 2 not 1) and he is being honest with me and telling me which means i can trust him (hello you go sleep with some one, dont enjoy it ,come back and tell your partner, and shes like oh thats ok, you told me, AS IF) well at lest now he feels rotten and too right he should. he'll never go to another stag again , ha ha

I'm not saying this to be mean but i don't see your marrige lasting.

Telling someone what they can and cannot do is never the best way to go about things.

If it was my stag and i was told there was anything i wasn't allowed to do then i'd be asking for the ring back.

Trust issues much?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

capritcatz - you're not going to get any sympathy in AH. According to most of the gorgeous studs in here, men are animals with raging libidos, unable to restrain themselves with even a glipse of flesh. That's the way of the world & women should just lie back & accept it (while of course not behaving in a similar fashion at all. no no, tut tut slut)

You're better off bringing it to PI if you want to discuss it further.

Edit: Dragan, everyone is allowed their own limits of what they find acceptable. The problem with this relationship is there seems to be a mismatch between expectations. Gotta agree with you on the marriage not lasting...

Not a wind up, but want hime to regret the moment he step through the curtain for his private session, and he dose. they hell ive put him through the last couple of days he never will. Not worth the grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

im just getting over the fact my husband to be attended a strip clup and had 2 private lap dancing sessions and im pissed wedding almost canceled, he told me when he came back from kilkenny on sunday thought id be cool cause he didnt enjoy it well i tell youill make him pay for it for a long time to come its tainted my hen which was supose to be this friday and i cancelled it its tainted our wedding which is in two weeks and i'll never forgive his friend for paying for his private sessions because i beleive they have no respect for me paying women to dance naked arounf him he thinks its alright cause he didnt enjoy it and told me what if he did enjoy it and told me WEDDING OVER thats what after 10 years together and 3 kids and he dose that on his stag he had no respect for me whatsoever he said he thought he would enjoy it thats why he went along with it (hello diging a grave for himself) if that would make me feel better ive never been so hurt in my life and feel betrayed and worthless, guys out there just be aware your gf might just cancel the wedding. i was a phone call away from doing it its tainted my whole wedding im going to be saying my vows thinking of what he sis and it makes me feel like S**t.

10 years and you were going to ruin your life via a phone call?

have some concept of reality please, a lapdance is nothing and fair play to him for telling you. this man deserves better than you posting on here telling us what a bas*ard he is, when what he did was harmless fun. woman are no better/worse, what happens if your mates get you a stripper for your hen? in fact, they probably were. my missus was on a hen last weekend and they got the girl a stripper. any harm done? no.

go out on your hen and enjoy it for feck sake.

Dragan pity the woman who marries you - i deserve more respect than that and i demand it to. So should all women not after simpathy warning men that some things are unexceptable.

and by the way, private sessions arent what they say on the tin. "private sessions" can often be in a group with 4 or 5 other lads in there with different girls. it depends on the club. any clubs i have ever been in, have been like that. they all have cameras and generally a bouncer nearby.

lapdancing is a harmless lads way of doing something different. as i said in above post, woman are no better on hens, in fact, alot of woman are disgraceful in them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

For gods sake capricatz will you get over yourself. 10 years together and if this is all he has done then you have little to be worrying about. He had a couple of private lap dances.. so what. Just about every stag I have been at has involved the stag having a lap dance. At least he told you. How would you feel if he hadnt have told you and then you found out at some later stage.

Can I ask why you happened to mention to him not to have any lap dances before he went on his stag? How would you feel if he had told you what and what not to do on your hen night?

Marraige will last. it lasted its through poorer and sicker (cancer), car crashes, parental interference, childbirth, sleepless nights, our daugher nearly died last year. weve been through so many bad things only the best yet to come.

the one things for sure cant live without each other through thick and thin - at the momnet im still pissed at him but ill get over it and his learned never to do it again - keepin him on a short leash and will be doing what a good husband should.

keepin him on a short leash and will be doing what a good husband should.

WTF?? Is he your husband or your dog??

not having a hen - dont want one not into that sort of s**t.

• Advertisement

well his not a dog if he was he would be one of u guys

I worked in a hotel as a receptionist for 3 years not one of the stags had a stripper or went to a strip club. or the hens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

I think Capricatz is a troll. If not I feel really sorry for her husband to be.

If you want to keep somebody on a leah Capricatz get a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Judging by the your attitude in your posts you're lucky to have any man at all, let alone one who is honest with you, who you admit would never cheat on you, who has been with you for 10 years and has agreed to spend the rest of his life with you. If anyone should be reconsidering the marriage on the basis of this episode it's him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I worked in a hotel as a receptionist for 3 years not one of the stags had a stripper or went to a strip club. or the hens.

I don't think it's normal either, certainly not someone who is mature enough to handle marriage. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Tbh, didn't have a problem with lapdancing clubs up until recently when I found out what actually goes on. Friend of mine got a lapdance in a place in town and said that the dancer rubbed her breasts and ass against his cock. Now, I thought it was a no contact thing before this and wouldn't have had a big issue with my boyfriend going and getting one at a stag night or whatever but now I'd be totally weirded out by it.

It's hard to think of an exact equivalent for females but I can't imagine most guys tolerating someone feeling up their girlfriend for money. I'm sure some would though.

However, if I were ever to get married, I would not be asking what my fiancee got up to on his stag night. That's just a can of worms right there.

God help the poor chap. capricatz is obviously a very deluded, lucky woman to think that all relationships are as confined as hers.

your defintely a wind up. or else seriously tapped. your comments on here are baffling and downright insutling towards men. you treat him like an object it appears and your a drama queen.

anyway lads, back on topic!!!!

best club, i cant comment, ive only been in lapellos. but me mates are big fans of angels. after that, i aint heard of any others.

• Advertisement

Dragan pity the woman who marries you - i deserve more respect than that and i demand it to. So should all women not after simpathy warning men that some things are unexceptable.

Thats cool, i pity the guy who is marrying you. ;)

Of course you deserve respect, but there is a way to go about it. You just tell your fella you don't like the idea of him going to a club and then allow him to make the decision not to. Telling him is basically enforcing your will upon him.....last time i checked a marrige is an adult relationship and doesn't need that kind of rubbish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement