Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Supplemental exams

• 11-07-2015 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Quick question- would really appreciate an answer fast!

Do supplemental exams follow the same layout as annual exams i.e. if some annual exam had 1 question from chap. one, 2 questions from chap. two and 1 question from chap. three, then would the supplemental exam for the same module have the same questions apportioned as above?

I'm asking specifically for a course in the school of Engineering, Mathematics and Science.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭notabasicb

Ask your lecturer

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

I have an even more basic question on this, if someone could help I would appreciate

Are Supplemental Exams full repeats, or as name suggests are they an extra exam for someone who got close to pass mark, to drag one over the line as it were?
    Question on behalf of someone, and I can't find an exact answer online

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

They are full repeats. If you get below 40% (or 50% in health sciences) and can't pass by compensation with another module then you have to do supplementals to pass. It's a full exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Risco50

In general supplementals follow the exact same format as the initial exams, they're usually capped at 40%

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭allybabe84

Are the coursework / assignments completed throughout the year which make up 20% of the final mark of the summer exams still taken into the supplementals, or is it just an 100% exam and that's it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

100% on the exam, unless you have been allowed to defer exams (to the best of my knowledge).

Advertisement