Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

TCD Accommodation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LauraKc

Does anyone know whether aungier street student residence is just for rcsi students or do trinity students go there too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

PeterJC! wrote: »
    What do people usually put in their statements for Hall? Hobbies and interests? Societies they intend to join? Why they'd be good in Hall?

Yeh, that's pretty much it! Stress that you would be able to live with strangers too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Gryffindor

Anyone know of any accommodation complexes which aren't actually full yet? And if so what the best ones are?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ekstar

Hi, myself and my friend were planning on sharing a twin room in Halls but she didnt get enough points for her course.
    So Im looking for someone who is interested on sharing a twin room.
    Im a female, I am very quite around new people and like to keep to myself, however when I get to know you I warm up. I love crafts and I am serious about my studies. I hope to do the BESS degree. Anyone who is insterested pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 k88

Accepted my course a few hours ago, but the TCD website won't let me create an account for on campus accommodation. At the moment it's saying it can't find me as a registered student yet, could this just be that everyone around the country is accepting courses and stuff or should I get in contact?

Also, does anyone know if halls is a first-come first-served basis?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

k88 wrote: »
    Accepted my course a few hours ago, but the TCD website won't let me create an account for on campus accommodation. At the moment it's saying it can't find me as a registered student yet, could this just be that everyone around the country is accepting courses and stuff or should I get in contact?

Also, does anyone know if halls is a first-come first-served basis?

You can't create your account until you get your tcd student number which will be emailed to you some time soon

It's not on a first come first served basis, you need to write a personal statement on what you can contribute to halls and why you should be given a place. Search through the forum and you will find loads of tips for your personal statement

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭EaSwe

You can't create your account until you get your tcd student number which will be emailed to you some time soon

Were student numbers not preassigned last week by email? (Check your spam/junk that's where mine went)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

EaSwe wrote: »
    Were student numbers not preassigned last week by email? (Check your spam/junk that's where mine went)

I'm just going on what happened when I was applying 2 years ago, things could have changed

• Registered Users Posts: 43 k88

It's not on a first come first served basis, you need to write a personal statement on what you can contribute to halls and why you should be given a place. Search through the forum and you will find loads of tips for your personal statement

It worked about 5 mins after I posted here, thanks though :)

Hi, guys I'm a first year guy starting BESS from Sligo who was looking if anyone else would be willing to come together for a shared room given the supposedly higher chances of getting a room.
    I'm fairly hard working but up for good time all the same. I'm into cycling and running for sport and would follow Tech stuff as well. I'd be hoping involved in a the likes of the Phil or Hist and An Cumann Gaelach.

So if anyone's interested in sharing PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 harmonisch

Hi everyone, does anyone know when we will find out whether we get offered a place in Trinity Hall or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭mdudy

harmonisch wrote: »
    Hi everyone, does anyone know when we will find out whether we get offered a place in Trinity Hall or not?

First round offers should be out by 5pm next Tuesday as long as you have applied by 5pm this Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dasey

Can you change your halls application once you submit it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Gryffindor

dasey wrote: »
    Can you change your halls application once you submit it?

No, unfortunately not, afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AmyMcG

I'm going into my first year at Trinity but haven't gotten a room in Trinity Hall, does anyone have any advice on what to do next? I know no one else attending trinity and would of liked the experience at the halls to meet new first year students.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AmyMcG

I'm going into my first year at Trinity but haven't gotten a room in Trinity Hall, does anyone have any advice on what to do next? I know no one else attending trinity and would of liked the experience at the halls to meet new first year students. I'm also from Derry so cannot travel down everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ColineSam

Hi, I am looking for people who would be interested in forming a little group to search for a cheaper place ! If we're like 4 or 5 we can get something decent I guess !

Informations about me : I'll pm you the link if you're interested

I'll be a junior freshman in science this september, and I'm 20.

Male or female, doesn't matter as long as we all get along !

I'm really hoping to hear from you, pm me if interested !

Coline

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

Has anyone received the email from trinity so you can accept the accommodation offer for trinity hall?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 harmonisch

Has anyone received the email from trinity so you can accept the accommodation offer for trinity hall?

No not yet. I think we will get them else tomorrow or Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Mor97

Hi

I Have been offered a place in TCD TR071, is Trinity Halls full or would any body have any advice in any other accommodation?

Thanks

If you had read the website you would've seen what to do in your situation.

Thanks for the reply, that really does no help :(

That really does not help😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4 roisfinnegan

One bed in twin room available in digs for just 300 euro a month. Sharing with a friendly post graduate student , attending TCD. Available from the 14th of Sept. Just 15 mins by bus into town/TCD. You cook for yourself and all bills included. You can stay weekends no extra cost. Only girls please. PM me if interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Samurai12

How do people afford accommodation in their first year? The SUSI grant does not seem to be enough to support accommodation as well as other expenses. So I am interested in knowing how people were able to afford accommodation because I will be starting college in September ( hopefully ). Any tips for me, I live in a remote village about 70 km from TCD. But the nearest bus stop to me is 5 km away and with my mother's work schedule, my family has a below average source of income. commuting will be hard so any tips. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Samurai12 wrote: »
    How do people afford accommodation in their first year? The SUSI grant does not seem to be enough to support accommodation as well as other expenses. So I am interested in knowing how people were able to afford accommodation because I will be starting college in September ( hopefully ). Any tips for me, I live in a remote village about 70 km from TCD. But the nearest bus stop to me is 5 km away and with my mother's work schedule, my family has a below average source of income. commuting will be hard so any tips. Thanks in advance.

Get a job for the summer, work as much as possible and get saving! You can work pet time throughout the year, it's not easy but it's necessary for most

I would not recommend getting a job during the year. I only know people who work weekends, it would leave you wrecked and unable to enjoy yourself. If you need to, work during the summer and save or get a loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Kelix

I'm doing my masters in TCD in September. I've lived in the west my whole life and I don't know anything about living in Dublin. Can someone recommend the best student/graduate accommodation in terms of proximity to the Luas or other public transport? I was so dissapointed to find out the on campus housing is reserved for Americans and other non-EU students. I usually study late and don't like the idea of having to walk to far at night in Dublin...thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

Kelix wrote: »
    I'm doing my masters in TCD in September. I've lived in the west my whole life and I don't know anything about living in Dublin. Can someone recommend the best student/graduate accommodation in terms of proximity to the Luas or other public transport? I was so dissapointed to find out the on campus housing is reserved for Americans and other non-EU students. I usually study late and don't like the idea of having to walk to far at night in Dublin...thanks

reserved for foreign students is a lie, i know irish staying there, apply and see what happens.

I would stay in South dublin, Rathmines, Ranelagh, Rathgar are nice places to stay

Advertisement