Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GameStop PC Gamepad

• 07-03-2013 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, yes, i know, i bought a GameStop pad, but i'm broke and it was cheap. But, typically, when i got home i realised it needs the driver to be installed off a mini-disc that came with it. But, i don't have CD/DVD/BR Drive.

I posted on their Facebook page, but got no reply. So, wondering if anyone has the same pad, and still has the disc, and would be willing to upload the contents somewhere for me to download and use it.

I've tried the 360 pad but you need the specific "for Windows" one, and the Dual Shock 3 works sometimes with the DS3 tool, but most of the time it doesn't work/doesn't get recognised.

If anyone does have it, it's for the PC Advanced Controller (wired) Art No: SF-6801V-BK01.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I've tried the 360 pad but you need the specific "for Windows" one

No you dont. If it's wired you just plug it in and download the relevant drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

COYVB wrote: »
    No you dont. If it's wired you just plug it in and download the relevant drivers

Sorry, should have said, I've only got the wireless ones with the plug and play. Should have included that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

What does Device Manager say? Right click the unrecognised device in Device Manager, click 'Properties', go to the 'Details' tab and choose 'Hardware Ids' from the Property drop down. It should look something like this:
    USB\VID_XXXX&PID_YYYY&REV_0200

(XXXX and YYYY being hex numbers)

Put the VID and PID in the form XXXX:YYYY and Google that, or just paste the entire string into Google and hopefully you'll get a lead from that.

If the controller is an XBOX 360 type (and I don't think it is) then you should be able to just get the drivers from Windows Update. If it's a generic PC controller (I got one from GameStop before and it wasn't good) then it should just be plug and play. In any case the USB VID:PID will be helpful.

What does Device Manager say? Right click the unrecognised device in Device Manager, click 'Properties', go to the 'Details' tab and choose 'Hardware Ids' from the Property drop down. It should look something like this:

(XXXX and YYYY being hex numbers)

Put the VID and PID in the form XXXX:YYYY and Google that, or just paste the entire string into Google and hopefully you'll get a lead from that.

If the controller is an XBOX 360 type (and I don't think it is) then you should be able to just get the drivers from Windows Update. If it's a generic PC controller (I got one from GameStop before and it wasn't good) then it should just be plug and play. In any case the USB VID:PID will be helpful.

This is what i get. It's recognised as a game controller, with drivers by MicroSoft, but when clicking into it it says that it "does not have or does not need drivers".

Doing what you said above, i get the following:
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&SUBSYS_1E311849&REV_04
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&SUBSYS_1E311849
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&CC_0C0330
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&CC_0C03

I take it you mean the "8086" and "1E31" are the hex numbers?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Is this the one you got?

• Advertisement

This is what i get. It's recognised as a game controller, with drivers by MicroSoft, but when clicking into it it says that it "does not have or does not need drivers".

Doing what you said above, i get the following:
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&SUBSYS_1E311849&REV_04
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&SUBSYS_1E311849
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&CC_0C0330
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&CC_0C03

I take it you mean the "8086" and "1E31" are the hex numbers?

I think you got the wrong device, that's a USB 3.0 controller on your motherboard. Check the actual game controller in Device Manager - is there a game controller device in the Human Interface Devices section?

Is this the one you got?

Nope, the one i got looks worse! Linky - When it lights up, it's horrible!!
    I think you got the wrong device, that's a USB 3.0 controller on your motherboard. Check the actual game controller in Device Manager - is there a game controller device in the Human Interface Devices section?

My bad, still getting used to 7 (and generally having little knowledge of this!):

Coming up as "HID_Compliant Game Controller"
    HID\VID_11FF&PID_3331&REV_0107
    HID\VID_11FF&PID_3331
    HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_GAME
    HID_DEVICE_UP:0001_U:0004
    HID_DEVICE

And now i see the VID&PID you mentioned!

I only found one relevant result for 11FF:3331.....and it's very, very obscure.

https://sites.google.com/site/ganixdev/linux/gamepad-sp3030 (I'm using the built-in translate function in Google Chrome)

It looks like it's generic hardware but I can't tell any more than that, not even the company that designed the chip which is sort of strange imho.

Just to be sure, one last check. While it's plugged in, go to run (Win + R), type in "joy.cpl" without the quotes (it's a shortcut to the joypad applet in Control Panel) and see if there's an entry in that window.

Other than this, I'm totally stumped. I think you'll have to take the disc over to someone you know who has an optical drive.

PC Game Controller - OK

Think i should just splash for a drive at this stage! Or a decent controller!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Xbox-Common-Controller-Windows/dp/B004JU0JSK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362703573&sr=8-1

No reason not to. One of the most comfortable controllers ever in my opinion.
    I got one recently and changed out all the buttons for black replacements. The ebay seller forgot to include a 'B' button though, so it's all black with one red button. Looks kinda nice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement