Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breville Instant Cappuccino

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Keep it on-topic please folks. Posts deleted.

Don't waste your money on that phill106. For the best coffee you'll need to be using freshly roasted, freshly ground beans. Take a read of this thread from a couple of years back then bang away with any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

We are all generally total coffee snobs on here so once you mention instant coffee chances are the reaction wil be smart arsed.... sorry!

You might be better off with something like the below as at least it uses fresh (real) coffee. Never tried it though.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4232403/Trail/searchtext%3ECOFFEE+MAKER.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

What way do you make coffee at the moment, OP?

That breville is very expensive for what it does -add water to instant coffee and froth milk. For the same money you could get yourself this delivered to your door. It won't make your coffee making quicker but it will give you a really fresh cup of coffee. It's most suited to french press coffee so if you must have a cappuccino/latte it might not suit. I'd definitely go for the espresso machine snollup linked to over the breville at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭phill106

Keep it on-topic please folks. Posts deleted.

Don't waste your money on that phill106. For the best coffee you'll need to be using freshly roasted, freshly ground beans. Take a read of this thread from a couple of years back then bang away with any questions.
    Thanks, thats the kind of reply I was looking for.
    snollup wrote: »
    We are all generally total coffee snobs on here so once you mention instant coffee chances are the reaction wil be smart arsed.... sorry!

You might be better off with something like the below as at least it uses fresh (real) coffee. Never tried it though.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4232403/Trail/searchtext%3ECOFFEE+MAKER.htm
    Hmmm Looks interesting, I'll consider that!
    FTGFOP wrote: »
    What way do you make coffee at the moment, OP?

That breville is very expensive for what it does -add water to instant coffee and froth milk. For the same money you could get yourself this delivered to your door. It won't make your coffee making quicker but it will give you a really fresh cup of coffee. It's most suited to french press coffee so if you must have a cappuccino/latte it might not suit. I'd definitely go for the espresso machine snollup linked to over the breville at any rate.
    I tend to use a hand frother for milk with nescafe gold blend, in work some bog standard filter coffee.
    Latte/Machiato's seem to be where my taste buds are pointing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I've a friend who raves about these.

http://www.bialettishop.com/MukkaMain.htm

• Advertisement

snollup wrote: »

Actually went ahead and got the one you mentioned there. Hell of a lot better then my normal brew, though i do need to get a proper milk jug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

PPC wrote: »

Thanks, I am in limerick though. Will try a few likely places. Bt, arabica, theres a french coffee place on catherine street i believe...

Advertisement