Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting Thread

• 20-05-2012 3:31pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I thought it would be a good idea to keep all betting tips to 1 thread for the season as it works in other sporting forums.

For today's games

DONEGAL
    LIMERICK
    LAOIS
    LOUTH "ALL GAA FOOTBALL MATCHES"

€20 pays €105 on Paddy Power

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

football
    Meath vs. Wicklow
    Tipperary vs. Kerry
    Monaghan vs. Antrim
    hurling

Tipperary vs. Limerick

what do people think of the outcomes of this weekends matches?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,020 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

football
    Meath vs. Wicklow
    Tipperary vs. Kerry
    Monaghan vs. Antrim
    hurling

Tipperary vs. Limerick

Meath, Kerry, Monaghan, Tip.

Meath should be good enough to beat Wicklow. Kerry should win by 8-10 pts. Monaghan should win and Tip will win by 8-10 pts aswell I reckon.

Both the Meath and Monaghan games have a bit of unpredicatability about them and should be tight enough for most of the game, while the other 2 should be reasonably comfortable vistories.

First games of the season for any county have an extra bit of trepidation built in so hopefully my predictions aren't as clear cut as the actual results:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Meath v Wicklow - Normally you'd have this down as a Meath banker but the current Meath team is hardly the greatest they've ever had and Wicklow will know they're there for the taking. I'd still go for Meath to prevail but not without a fight. Meath by 4-5 pts

Tipp v Kerry - This should be straightforward for Kerry. Tipp got relegated to div 4 scoring only 1 goal in their 7 games. Kerry at a canter you'd have to think. Kerry by 14 pts or so

Monaghan v Antrim - Monaghan had quite a poor league and are a team that seems to have gone backwards in the last year or so. But they should still have enough to beat Antrim. Monagahan by 5 pts

Tipp v Limerick - I'd expect Limerick will put it up to Tipp and it'll be no thrashing. But Tipp's greater scoring power should see them home. Tipp by 7 pts

The accum on those 4 results pays 7/5, which is just slightly bigger than 11/8. Not much of a price but all 4 should win. If there's to be a shock it could be in Carlow where I fancy Wicklow might put it up to Meath. But in all likelihood those 4 teams should win.

My tip would be to back Kerry (-11) at Evs. That looks banker material to me as Kerry will surely win easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Kerry -11, Tipp (Hurling) -6 double...pays 3/1 on Boyles is worth a shot I think.
    Meath v Wicklow, would expect Meath to win narrowly but can't trust them given form.
    Monaghan v Antrim, dodgy and very even especially given Darren Hughes is now out for Monaghan.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,020 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Kerry -11, Tipp (Hurling) -6 double...pays 3/1 on Boyles is worth a shot I think.
    Meath v Wicklow, would expect Meath to win narrowly but can't trust them given form.
    Monaghan v Antrim, dodgy and very even especially given Darren Hughes is now out for Monaghan.

That's a good price and is certainly in with a good chance of coming off.

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    That's a good price and is certainly in with a good chance of coming off.

Tipp are certainly capable of covering a -6 handicap if in the mood but what's the vibe from Limerick coming into this? Is anyone giving them much of a chance?

Limerick are fairly quiet at the moment, maybe trying to come in under the radar a little. I expect them to give it their all but begin to fade away with 15 mins left.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Tipp are certainly capable of covering a -6 handicap if in the mood but what's the vibe from Limerick coming into this? Is anyone giving them much of a chance?

Im sure some of our Limerick posters will have a better idea, but just looking in from the outside, the whole incident with Ciaran Carey, how badly they faded in the league final and the loss of Seamus Hickey are big negatives, their forward line looks potentailly very good but I think they will concede far too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Looks a good accum for the weekend with Paddy Power
    Kerry (-11) @ evens
    Meath (-3) @ 10/11
    Monaghan (-2) @ 11/10
    Tipp (-6) @ 10/11

10 euro stake pays out 153 euro,not bad.

Only one id be worried about is Wicklow against Meath,but you would think Meath should have enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭ebbsy

PP Wicklow specials :

Score first lead HT win FT 14/1
    HT FT 8/1

Tasty !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paddymayoman

Was thinking of doing a 3 or 4 fold maybe
    Kerry -11 points
    Tipp -6 points for the hurling
    Overs in the Leinster match(not up yet but i reckon it should be 35- 40)
    and maybe meath -2 points
    What do ye think,each one is around evens?

Im sure some of our Limerick posters will have a better idea, but just looking in from the outside, the whole incident with Ciaran Carey, how badly they faded in the league final and the loss of Seamus Hickey are big negatives, their forward line looks potentailly very good but I think they will concede far too much.

From what I've heard over the last couple of days the vibes coming from the Limerick camp are not good at all and Tipp -6 could be the bet of the weekend I think. Limerick are (seemingly) not going well at all and if Tipp hit form I think ye could give them a beating. Evs for the -6 handicap looks very tempting to me.

Kerry -11 points

Not sure what you mean by that?

From what I've heard over the last couple of days the vibes coming from the Limerick camp are not good at all and Tipp -6 could be the bet of the weekend I think. Limerick are (seemingly) not going well at all and if Tipp hit form I think ye could give them a beating. Evs for the -6 handicap looks very tempting to me.

Kerry -11 points

Not sure what you mean by that?
    In the over/under total points category for example:
    Over 37.5 points or under 37.5 points.if you bet over,you win for 38 points or over but lose if it has a total of 37 points

Over 37.5 points or under 37.5 points.if you bet over,you win for 38 points or over but lose if it has a total of 37 points

Oh right, I thought it might be something like that.

But do you really think there will be a points total of 35-40 in the Meath v Wicklow game? That seems a little on the high side.

Oh right, I thought it might be something like that.

But do you really think there will be a points total of 35-40 in the Meath v Wicklow game? That seems a little on the high side.
    Shouldve put in that its the leinster ospreys rugby match my mistake

Tipp -6 is nearly a shoe in I think.
    Kerry -11 could be a tad dodgy now, given the way the Kerry team is supposed to line out.
    Meath -2 is a tight enough bet but could come off I reckon.

Tipp -6 is nearly a shoe in I think.
    Kerry -11 could be a tad dodgy now, given the way the Kerry team is supposed to line out.
    Meath -2 is a tight enough bet but could come off I reckon.
    11points is a big handicap to beat but if kerry show up it should be alot more than 11.
    Is McEananey still manager of meath or is it Boylan?

11points is a big handicap to beat but if kerry show up it should be alot more than 11.
    Is McEananey still manager of meath or is it Boylan?

True, but the Kerry lineup is a bit ....allover the place to be honest. It looks a bit thrown together. That said if they all perform -11 looks ok but the teamsheet added a bit of doubt for me.

I went with a treble of Tipp -5, Meath -3 and Monaghan -2 in the end.
    Bloody typical that the one that let me down was the one I was most confident of, typical!!

I went with a treble of Tipp -5, Meath -3 and Monaghan -2 in the end.
    Bloody typical that the one that let me down was the one I was most confident of, typical!!

I did a Yankee, antrim +2, tipp footballers +10, tipp hurlers -6, meath -3

got my money back at least

• Advertisement

Next weeks fixtures -

London v Leitrim 7/4 15/2 4/7
    Wexford v Longford 8/13 15/2 13/8
    Fermanagh v Down 15/8 15/2 8/15

Dublin v laois 1/20 20/1 9/1
    Offaly v Wexford 1/2 9/1 15/8
    Westmeath v Galway 10/1 33/1 1/40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

All I can say is I'm glad I'm not a betting man, lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Handicap betting is designed by Bookmakers and is only used by Mugs;) Pick your team and back them to win !

shawnee wrote: »
    Handicap betting is designed by Bookmakers and is only used by Mugs;) Pick your team and back them to win !
    Betting is for mugs full stop haha
    i had kerry(-11) tipp(-5) and meath/meath ht/ft.
    Kerry surprised me the most,honestly didnt think they could play as bad as they did.Fair play to tipp footballers though for making them struggle.

Betting on a team to win is also designed by Bookmakers;)

Next week.....

Betting on a team to win is also designed by Bookmakers;)

Next week.....
    Would anyone have backed kerry at1/66 i wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

But i backed Tipp +11 v Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Not quite but doing accums of handicaps is bonkers and just handing over money to the bookies. Far too many variables in a 3 or 4 team handicap accum to make the price worth it.

• Advertisement

Would anyone have backed kerry at1/66 i wonder

I really doubt it.

Advertisement