Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

joining the army

• 16-01-2010 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Thinking of joining the British Army after the college

any Irish in it

Any info on it would be good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭odin_ie

Plenty of Irish in the BA. I know a good few. To hell with the begrudgers and go for it. The Irish Army is not recruiting at the moment, bar if there is a cadet competition this year. You are going to have to decide if you want to go Officer or Enlisted. Since you are finishing College, you might assume that Officer is the obvious path, but there are a few graduates in the Enlisted ranks too, I know one who started in Sandhurst and found it wasn't for him, he went Enlisted after. To get into Sandhurst you are going to have to go through a long selection process and being Irish, assuming you have doing the Leaving Cert, you will need to have gotten Honors grades in Higher English and Maths and three other higher subjects. From my experience, your degree will no help you at this stage.

Your best bet for more information is contacting the BA recruiting section in Northern Ireland as they will process applications from all over Ireland and will be able to give a lot more information than I will be able to. The number for Palace Barracks in Belfast is +44 02890 425718.

Good luck with it!!

Advertisement