Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I might give this one ago, I've been playing on and off for years, Played straight through vanilla & TBC wow to early Wotlk, then returned late Wotlk and skipped cataclysm completely (Luckily) And just came back to MOP 2 months ago, killed hellscream.

I don't know though, When I give up WoW I always eventually find an excuse to go back :p and nearly always end up disappointed.
    + Its kinda annoying having to find a guild and move servers every time I decide to rejoin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

It is based in one of my favourite time periods so I may go back for 20 months as I did with cata. I skipped mists completely.

Mists was fun, not the greatest but defo not the worst. I hated Wotlk the most but the things I heard about cata makes me so glad I didn't go near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Mists has been pretty good, apart from a few aspects such as the endless dailies at the start of the expansion. Hopefully they'll learn to make running faction rep a bit more interesting. Looking forward to this one big-time.

I still play WoW vanilla on private servers to be honest more then anything else, Switch from one to another trying to find the most stable. + You can't beat free :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

cant actually believe one of the major selling points for this expansion is new character models.

Not very impressed tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Hmmm i recall paying for outlands before, cant say im impressed with it atm.

Im not too gone on the idea of a free level 90, If that includes new players and accounts then why should they bother buying all the other expansions??

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Hmmm i recall paying for outlands before, cant say im impressed with it atm.

It wont be Outland again, it'll be a new zone.

killanena wrote: »
    Im not too gone on the idea of a free level 90, If that includes new players and accounts then why should they bother buying all the other expansions??

You get everything except mists if you buy the game now I think. May have even upgraded all accounts. Blizzard recognise the number of expansions to buy being a barrier so could just need to buythe game plus newest expansion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

You get everything except mists if you buy the game now I think. May have even upgraded all accounts. Blizzard recognise the number of expansions to buy being a barrier so could just need to buythe game plus newest expansion

NEw model is you buy World of Warcraft + latest expansion via battlenet. It will include every expansion bar the latest one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

As i main a shammy and im really big into the lore and backstory i am very excited about the changes. The chance to go back to see the world that made the orcish horde before it got blown up is going to be really cool.

I also like that they are not going to stop at 100 and continue to evolve and develop the story line, this timeline change isn't quite a reset but opens up other avenues for story telling.

In addition to the story arch changes there are allot of quality of life changes and graphical updates which are only a good thing as i feel if the game looks to old it does impact on some people subscribing eventually.

Allot of folks may not be happy with the direction of the game but i think blizzard have handled the market shift to a more casual gameplay very well. For those that don't like it there are other vendors on the market that they could go with and deserve there money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I'm interested in it I must admit.

I stopped playing wow around a year a go. Mostly due to the daily grind of MoP. Kinda wore thin after a while and seemed like a chore more than a recreational activity. So I went a tried every other MMO I could find. Sadly nothing held my interest for long.

Found myself returning to WoW last week and rolling fresh on an old server with no looms or cash. Have managed 1-70 so far as an elemental shaman which is actually great fun to play.

For the expansion, I like the graphic updates. They are needed as Cal said. The game is beginning to look old. They need to keep it updated.

The free boost to level 90, isn't that only for a single character? I guess it's just to let people get right into the action. Doesn't bother me really (although I don't know why people would use it, especially new players. They wouldn't have a clue how to play their class)

The fortress building looks good. Need a bit more info on it (instanced? attackable etc...?). Could be great for WPVP.

For me at the moment it's just about leveling. After that it'll kinda be about server choosing. Right now I'm on Bloodscalp. They say it's a medium pop server but according to realmpop, it's much lower. I had considered transferring to Outlands where I have other characters but heard the horde / ally ratio is way out of whack. 25% horde vs 75% ally and it basically just a gank fest. - while I don't mind being ganked on a pvp server, being camped for 45 min will just annoy me. I've heard that is happening a lot. I'll be looking around for a 50-50 server or close enough and will take it from there.

The garrison right now is an extension of the farm (instanced but you can bring people to it), it is a real quality of life improvement as you can have your followers do dungeons for you for gear or gather profession mats ect. It takes sometime to get up and running but the benefits seem to be very decent.

A good video showing all the changes coming is

i quite like the adaptive gear in WOD, it will mean if your a hybrid you can play all specs if you so wish. No need to drag 3 sets with you as the stats change to match your spec. Additionally the changes to the reforge (removing it) and the gem slots is also encouraging (less complex).

Agree with you on server, the closest high poplation server i got to that is 50:50 has been ragnaros. That profile might change before launch and truth be known it is more horde sided but there is a sizeable chunk of alliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Will they be adding any new race/class in this one??

None that they have announced yet.

nix wrote: »
    Will they be adding any new race/class in this one??

Reckon theres enough at this stage to be honest. I'd rather they focus on other areas, rather than creating another class/race.

Feeling quite annoyed with this new recruit a friend offer. My Swift Zhevra is no longer special :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Id prefer a ****load more classes, make players more unique etc Make it like DAOC, the game is already a mad house, may as well go hog wild!!

And yeah bummer on zherva, its now a total **** mount again :(

Yeah. Although I'm torn, I got one of the touring rockets there yesterday which I always wanted. But its a shame when they bring back previously obsolete stuff. I love having stuff that nobody can obtain anymore, makes the item more special.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jonasvalent

I have to say, I'm excited, having played since the end of TBC I only passed through and left for Northrend at lvl 68 I'll be glad to see what outland used to be, take my time and enjoy the lore, something i didn't get to do before due to guild issues, I don't mind about the rockets or any of that, I have a star pony waiting when I re subscribe that's enough for me.

• Advertisement

WoD is now on pre-order on the Blizzard site, they'll let you have your free level 90 character now if you buy it. Latest release date is 20th December.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13184836/pre-purchase-warlords-of-draenor-now-and-get-a-level-90-character-boost-10-03-2014

I dont like that 20th Dec date. Im hoping that just takes into account the delay caused by all the PCs crashing and losing all the data.

I dont like that 20th Dec date. Im hoping that just takes into account the delay caused by all the PCs crashing and losing all the data.

Its only a "WoD will definitely be released by this date at the latest" kind of thing. I would be surprised if it came out any later than September.

September is still a year of SoO. I just started mists in November so SoO was already out but it looks like if they just delayed each patch by a month this wouldnt have been so much of an issue. A patch feeling like its dragging for 2 or 3 weeks isnt too bad but a year will cause a lot of subs to be lost. WoD looks interesting to me but I'll definitely be taking a long break. Maybe we'll see a year sub with reaper of souls.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Its only a "WoD will definitely be released by this date at the latest" kind of thing. I would be surprised if it came out any later than September.

Agree with you on this, i think when it comes down to it they will release around september. This is the 10th year anniversary so i would say they will have somethign big planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I might return. I dunno. It's been a good few years at this stage. 50 quid is a bit steep for an expansion pack.

I might return as well, But I sold my old account so Id need to buy all expansions and the original all over again. + I had farmed a lot of rare mounts on my old account and had a bunch of achievements and stuff from Vanilla that you can't even get anymore :/. Would suck having to start all over :L

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

last night a purchased a level 90 boost on a brand new character.
    got a 90 rogue!

I preordered wod got mine also but leveling to 60 so I get capped professions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Calhoun wrote: »
    I preordered wod got mine also but leveling to 60 so I get capped professions.

My PC broke at the moment :(

Have a 62 priest that ill be using my free boost on.

Apart from that only class I don't have is hunter and monk, no interest in either.

Buying a 90 boost might be nice down the line if I get involved in playing maybe horde with another group on another realm or something.

Advertisement