Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Medicals and Training 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    If you have community/charity work done u should be fine man, all we can do is wait and see

I do I have plenty of it well talk to you tomorrow bud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

Cedric87 wrote:

How did u get on man ? I passed ,thank god. :)

How did u get on man ? I passed ,thank god. :)

Yeah same man got there in the end ha

Cedric87 wrote:
    Yeah same man got there in the end ha

Good to here man :D

Good to here man :D

I probably saw you there

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Cedric87 wrote: »

"bud" !!!!!

Cedric87 wrote:
    I probably saw you there

I was in reddish jeans ?

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    "bud" !!!!!

Your point ?

Santa Cruz wrote:
    "bud" !!!!!

What's ur problem ?

How long of a wait is the exemption form going to be I wonder ?

I was talking to a really nice guy at the medical and he applied back in 2009. That's the longest I've heard.

I wonder when we will get a call for a date ? I think I'll ring them next month and enquire, I really hope I get the June training date if my exemption clears.

• Advertisement

2009? It only takes a few weeks man , from people iv talked to and even they said I will no in the coming weeks . dont worry man it will happen.

2009? It only takes a few weeks man , from people iv talked to and even they said I will no in the coming weeks . dont worry man it will happen.

Yeah he was a foreign man so Id imagine that's why it took so long. Yeah well with any luck. Do you know if there's a physical exam down in the college. ?

Cedric87 wrote:
    Yeah he was a foreign man so Id imagine that's why it took so long. Yeah well with any luck. Do you know if there's a physical exam down in the college. ?

I see. I am not sure man, I say there might be something alright.

I see. I am not sure man, I say there might be something alright.

Looking forward to just getting started. How are you fixed with getting time off in work ?

Cedric87 wrote:
    Looking forward to just getting started. How are you fixed with getting time off in work ?

I'm leaving the job I'm in now , so whateva I get next it will be one of the conditions before I start, I'm back to college in September anyway :) what about the your self will you get the time off?

I'm leaving the job I'm in now , so whateva I get next it will be one of the conditions before I start, I'm back to college in September anyway :) what about the your self will you get the time off?

I'm going to need to take a week unpaid off if they don't give me that then I'll just leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

Any interviews???

JonathanP wrote:
    Any interviews???

Try the Interview and report writing tread man, if any one has any news you will find it there :) but my advice is ring up and ask for an interview somewhere they are doing interviews .

• Registered Users Posts: 11 karl6709

Hello all
    first time posting on this forum! i have a quick question about the reserves..i have applied back in 2012 and had my last interview with the superintendent just before full time recruitment took place so as iv'e heard nothing since then..interview went ok...ive rang garda reserve hq recently and they told me that reserve recruitment was put on a backseat and all effort was put into full time..reading trough this thread i see some of you already went for medicals ive still heard nothing would you recommend re-applying or should i contact reserve hq again?
    many thanks in advance!

karl6709 wrote:
    Hello all first time posting on this forum! i have a quick question about the reserves..i have applied back in 2012 and had my last interview with the superintendent just before full time recruitment took place so as iv'e heard nothing since then..interview went ok...ive rang garda reserve hq recently and they told me that reserve recruitment was put on a backseat and all effort was put into full time..reading trough this thread i see some of you already went for medicals ive still heard nothing would you recommend re-applying or should i contact reserve hq again? many thanks in advance!

Yes just ring in.

• Advertisement

Yes just ring in.

I was thinking of ringing in friday to see if the exemption forms are back and if a set date has been made for training.

Cedric87 wrote:
    I was thinking of ringing in friday to see if the exemption forms are back and if a set date has been made for training.

They said "coming weeks" I should here back on the forms , like I was sure when someone said coming weeks it ment no more then 4 weeks ,but I'd say there is a good 10- 20 forms so mite take longer then we think

They said "coming weeks" I should here back on the forms , like I was sure when someone said coming weeks it ment no more then 4 weeks ,but I'd say there is a good 10- 20 forms so mite take longer then we think

Yeah it's 2 weeks on Thursday I sent mine. So maybe another 2 weeks, I just don't want to miss the June training date.

Cedric87 wrote:
    Yeah it's 2 weeks on Thursday I sent mine. So maybe another 2 weeks, I just don't want to miss the June training date.

I sent mine 4 weeks ago Sunday man, I still haven't herd anything

I sent mine 4 weeks ago Sunday man, I still haven't herd anything

Really jasus that gives me feck all confidence now

• Registered Users Posts: 11 karl6709

Rang up there the other day unfortunately they told me my file has not even been processed yet due to the sheer amount of applications they received in 2013..long time to be waiting for a br form has anybody else experienced a wait this long?

karl6709 wrote: »
    Rang up there the other day unfortunately they told me my file has not even been processed yet due to the sheer amount of applications they received in 2013..long time to be waiting for a br form has anybody else experienced a wait this long?

I applied Febuary 2013 originally for the process sent BR forms off in March 2014 and got my medical 3 weeks ago.

karl6709 wrote:

Sent my br form of September 2013 only got medical 2 weeks ago, when did u send it in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

Is there any medicals going on this month and is June a done deal for training.

• Advertisement

thesamster wrote:
    Is there any medicals going on this month and is June a done deal for training.

No idea my man , theres ment to be a class at the end of June ,but sure who knows really. As for medicals they will ring you ,I'd say u get a call soon.

Advertisement