Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Learning to Learn at Third Level Module

Options
  • 12-10-2014 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Has anyone done this module? What exactly does it cover?

I am looking at doing the BA (Honours) in Social Care Practice and I saw this listed as one of the modules in Semester 1. I'm thinking this would be of huge benefit to me as I am one of the ones that made a total balls of the Leaving and Secondary School in general who is willing to work hard at third level. I think it would give me a chance to get my standard up to an appropriate level.

Anyway I was just wondering how people found this module? Was it at all helpful? What kind of things did it teach? Essay writing? Note taking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 KimmyKims

Hi. Im currently in my first year doing a bsc in IT Management and im taking this module. Its really helpful for easing you into college and building confidence as it can be quite daunting ( im 28) long time since school! So far we have covered practical things like using different software, what we can expect the next three years, study skills etc its an enjoyable class to do every second week as my other modules can be very full on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nightowl190

Hi folks i am half way through year 2 IT Managment and definatly a long time since i was in school and in reply to your questions about learning to learn the module is definately worth its weight in gold apart from it being the easiest module you will face the major benefits are apart from showing you some pointers to do with writing and presenting your assignments one of the major benefits i found personally was teaching about google doc's and how to navigate around them.
    Once i new how to use it i was able to open a blank word doc and type away as the teacher was explaining notes in my other classes upon getting home i had copies of all notes and examples shown in class already at my fingertips on my own laptop or anywhere i logged in yoju will also get valuable pointers using freemind to plan a study schedual and assignment completion tasks.
    the only down side is some of the feelings assignments had me looking over my shoulder for a person with a notepad asking me for €100 euro per session it was like going to a psycho analysis session 9not that i'd know what that felt like) but all in all definately worth it it will also settle your nerves about learning after all knowledge is good

Advertisement