Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Acoshla wrote: »
    Shh!!! Why did you say anything, we could've freaked everyone out!! :p

I didn't say what it was!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I didn't say what it was!! :o

But now they'll be onto us if we do say anything... :p

I'm thinking of texting my best friend in the morning and pretending I'm duffed, early on a Sunday she will have no idea it's April Fools Day, cruel, but very entertaining :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm thinking of texting my best friend in the morning and pretending I'm duffed, early on a Sunday she will have no idea it's April Fools Day, cruel, but very entertaining :)

Jaysus, be careful with that. You'll have trouble convincing people you're not until 9 months have passed and there is no baby to show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

*retreats back out of AH*

I know better, really I do. :(:mad:

Think I saw the thread you're talking about. Very annoying really.

Still, it wasn't as bad as it usually is. One really stupid bitch and a few idiots agreeing with her was annoying to see but there were thankfully quite a few people with legitimate intelligence contradicting her.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

*retreats back out of AH*

I know better, really I do. :(:mad:

breastfeeding thread? beggars belief doesnt it, but bewbs are evil, everyone knows that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

DO IT!

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! /pauses to inhale
    Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!

krudler wrote: »
    breastfeeding thread? beggars belief doesnt it, but bewbs are evil, everyone knows that

Thought it was an obvious troll first. Guess not.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Jeez why does everything cost so much. When I get my money this week and I pay for my vet nurse congress weekend in Mullingar and a couple of other things I'm gonna have less than 50 euro. Doubt I'll get to see bf for a week or so which sucks. :(

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'm gonna fake a contraction on my OH in the morning and watch him freeeakkkk out ! :D

Debating whether or not to get him as far as the car with my hospital bag before I spill... (where is the evil smiley)

Neyite wrote: »
    I'm gonna fake a contraction on my OH in the morning and watch him freeeakkkk out ! :D

Debating whether or not to get him as far as the car with my hospital bag before I spill... (where is the evil smiley)

And then when you jinx yourself and *do* actually have contractions and he fails to react, don't be surprised :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Bed time for me. Goodnight loungers. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I'm loving google maps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Bed time for me. Goodnight loungers. xx

Night chicky :)

I'm watching World Series of Dating and it is hilarious, That fella Chris is such an idiot! The girl with the bright red hair is unbelievably boring and I feel sorry for the lad at her table.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Just saw an ad for Now 81.

Jesus.

I remember the days of Now 40!

Oh god.. I think I have Now 38 upstairs somewhere.. :o
    I have Now 26 on tape, it has glorious 90s songs like Boom Shake the Room on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Officially 20!! What a granny...:o:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

He's gone away for the night, it with his mates back home. I'm at home alone and it's made me realise how much I rely on him and his company. It's pathetic how lonely I am without him and how little friends I actually have. I'm sitting in with 2 cats who couldn't even be arsed staying in the same room as me

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Think I saw the thread you're talking about. Very annoying really.

Still, it wasn't as bad as it usually is. One really stupid bitch and a few idiots agreeing with her was annoying to see but there were thankfully quite a few people with legitimate intelligence contradicting her.

Read it, its really sad that its women mostly on that thread who are the ones that are offended. I dont get it, the same ones would probably think its hilarious if their mates flashed their boobies on a night out.

*shakes head*

Still, I fed the troll I think. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

That whole "Boards Gold Account" thing was funny for, oh I don't know, maybe five minutes?

Oh no wait. It wasn't, even then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Happy Birthday, Sarah! :D

Orla K, I love the "new" google maps too.

Almostnever, I've been thinking about what your friend said. Any chance he might want to come out to you or something? A friend of mine worded it similarly when he wanted to talk about it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I feel like bursting into tears right now and I can't work out why. I've been like this for a week now, even managed to cause a stupid fight with my boyfriend last night.

Wasn't helped tonight by finding out that my best friend doesn't like my boyfriend and then meeting my friend's boyfriend for the first time and he didn't turn out to be all that great either, especially when started trivialising depression, claiming that gay men can't raise a child, and just generally being a little offensive. I feel horrible for not liking him though, especially seeing as my friend is pregnant with his baby and I really want her to be happy

• Advertisement

Wasn't helped tonight by finding out that my best friend doesn't like my boyfriend and then meeting my friend's boyfriend for the first time and he didn't turn out to be all that great either, especially when started trivialising depression, claiming that gay men can't raise a child, and just generally being a little offensive. I feel horrible for not liking him though, especially seeing as my friend is pregnant with his baby and I really want her to be happy
    He sounds like an asshat. You shouldn't feel bad about not liking him. It's not as if you've picked on something trivial about him, it's the fact that he's not a nice guy. I'd find it very hard to be around him.
    I hope everything works out for your friend.

He sounds like an asshat. You shouldn't feel bad about not liking him. It's not as if you've picked on something trivial about him, it's the fact that he's not a nice guy. I'd find it very hard to be around him.
    I hope everything works out for your friend.

I don't know. I'm worried that because of the mood I'm in I've taken him worse than I should have. I'm not sure whether he likes me either and stuff like that really upsets me, I get really paranoid about it and it does affect the way I take things.

But then, I know how upsetting it is when you're friend doesn't like your boyfriend, as I'm trying to deal with that atm as well so I feel exceptionally bad about it, not that I'm going to say anything coz that's not fair either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

RIP Gay Byrne :(

Dolorous wrote: »
    WHAT??

Nothing on google and with today's date in mind please forgive me for taking this with a pinch of salt until I see proof. If it is true I will apologise for the above but until then...

Oh my God, if you are doing an April Fool's thing I will actually hurt you.

Please don't be true! *runs off to google*

Edit: I can't find anything on twitter, boards, google, rte...

I searched everywhere too, I suspect that today's date may be a factor in Dolorous's post...

I searched everywhere too, I suspect that today's date may be a factor in Dolorous's post...
    Same here and I've gone through all the news channels. More importantly - nothing on Facebook!

Also loads of my friends are changing their relationship status to single. Thought about doing it for a laugh then realised it's a ridiculous joke :eek:

sarahbro wrote: »
    Same here and I've gone through all the news channels. More importantly - nothing on Facebook!

Also loads of my friends are changing their relationship status to single. Thought about doing it for a laugh then realised it's a ridiculous joke :eek:

I got "engaged" on facebook once, that works way better. The reactions were hilarious, espesh as I was only 18! That wasn't on April Fools though, people do look out for these thing on 1st April!

• Advertisement

sarahbro wrote: »

I got "engaged" on facebook once, that works way better. The reactions were hilarious, espesh as I was only 18! That wasn't on April Fools though, people do look out for these thing on 1st April!
    Haha my fella would have a sihtattack if I did that :D
    He's proposing this year so changing my status might be a bit too much like a hurry up hint ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement