Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Work Wanted Superthread (Only ad thread - Read post before posting) Updated 14/01/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

I need someone to design and code a searchable directory of youth facilities, clubs etc.

Something like www.teenspace.ie but on a single county level. If you have the additional skills to make this a mobile app, that would be a bonus!

Limited budget, clients are the local youth council, but you are not expected to work for nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ID@THEWIDOWS

Hi

I am looking for assistance building a site that can hold a directory of certain type of business with ability to be able to say a little about the compnay, address, business activity and contact details and logo. It will also require an ability to be able to give information on certain area of a profession just like citizens information or that. It will also require an area whereby people can register and avail of members only material and be able to use the forum to discuss issues regarding this area. There are a few more things that I would like to incorporate into the site but I am working on a limited budget and would require a good foundation of a site to launch then add to it as it gets more members and advertisers.

I am looking for a minimal theme but inviting and would require the site to incorporate a full back office system as I have had very little exposure to web design and programming.

Pm me if you feel that you can offer me such a service. May suit a student but must have a portfolio and work samples and of course must be cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Currently working on a web design project. I've created visual image of the site's design and work had begun on the site's development. Unfortunately, due to personal issues the guy developing the site is unable to commit to any deadlines, of which I'm tied to. Here's what I'm looking for.

- Web Developer
    - Must have Wordpress experience as site is using this as CMS
    - Extremely tight deadline, ideally looking to develop the site in a matter of days rather than weeks. Crazy I know!
    - Site contains a magazine style home page and other pages including event details, calendar etc. Also, 3 more basic pages, nothing other than basic templates.

The project has big potential and could bring in future work.

If you're interested please PM me with some details and links to previous work. The price has been agreed with the client so there's not much flexibility but please do include your rates in the PM.

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Hi Guys,
    I'm looking for a suitable partner for an exciting concept I want to develop. The ideal candidate must have:

-creative design skills
    -good coding abilities
    -knowledge of and a proven track record in SEO
    -be able to show samples of work and/or sample rankings attained
    -preferably Social Media savy
    -ability to think outside the box

If you feel that you can bring these requirements to the table and would be interested in being involved in a new venture then PM me your details giving samples of your work along with your contact details.

Thanks
    Dara

• Registered Users Posts: 6 conmcmahon

hi,

i am looking for a php programmer for a exciting new project. fully paid contract. Contact by PM.

your,

con.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 cheesemonger

Hi,

I'm looking for a web designer to build a site for my freelance business, something along the lines of http://www.parkbenchps.com/, most likely Wordpress-based. Some minimal logo and banner design will also be involved. Please contact me through PM if you're interested. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 productive

Would any of you SharePoint Guru's be interested in giving me a few tutorials on how to set up a basic SharePoint Site and check in and out Microsoft Office files.

I have never used it before and am happy to pay a reasonable hourly rate. I need to be able to assess and understand Sharepoint from the user's perspective, not to become an IT expert on Sharepoint.

It is likely that I will be able to put some project work to a SharePoint expert in the medium term.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

Hi
    Looking for someone to build me a price comparison website , maybe 500 products to be compared on a daily basis from 4 other websites ?
    pm if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Big Mouth

Hi,

I´m looking at setting up a gambling site with a twist, fairly complex structure to it I would imagine (although not a techie at all).

Hoping someone here with time on their hands and well motivated might join forces and build a possible business together, I need someone highly qualified to develop a professional site, know and like gambling particularly football and be enthusiastic about creating something.

PM if interested

Edit - Dublin based here, would be preferable

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭hoggie-bear

Hi guys,

I am currently setting up a small yet extremely effective company. It was launched in December as a non-profit organisation but since the launch we have received overwhelming feedback and Facebook isn't good enough.
    I'm young, I'm broke and I'm a student. I want this to take off and first step is a website. i want to negotiate a deal that we are both happy with. Preferably looking for someone who needs the experience as I can help you a lot if you help me.
    Pop me an email so we can discuss
    attackingmusic@gmail.com
    Thanks a mill
    Katie
    http://www.facebook.com/attackingmusic

attacKINGmusic is an organisation who wants to hear and help you in this tough-nut music industry. With many unsigned artists who deserve to be heard looking for that extra helping hand, we can do just that.
    With contacts in all aspects of the industry we can help you with photography, recording studios, promotion, music videos, graphic design etc.
    Or if your simply looking for some advice or honest feedback, your on the right page!

So we are the middle-men so to speak. Since December, I had numerous, now clients, companies, studios, promoters, you name it - come to me and asked to be put on my client list. EG if an unsigned band wanted a photoshoot, recording studio and a gig they come to us and we direct them to the suitable clients.

Originally a voluntary and non-profit organisation, but because the client list is building, we have arranged a discount to be ready available for those who go through AKM. Clients get paid, artist gets a cheap yet professional service and (only lately) we will get a small percent.

We have yet to add web designer to our list as we felt those who contacted us were charging unrealistic costs. these bands need to take from their own pockets and asking them to cough up 600-800e, we were not prepared to do.
    So I was hoping to speak with someone who wanted to gain experience make some money in the process. AKM is expanding everyday, originally starting in Ireland, we now have reps in the U.K. Unprepared for the huge interest we need a website designed, something simple yet effective. Of course we are happy to pay for the services but unfortunately I am reaching into my own pocket therefore cannot afford huge prices, not at the moment. In exchange for a cheap and cheerful service, I would be happy to add you to our client list and if any work is needed by bands, we direct them to yourself, at this moment in time AKM will not ask for any percentage until you are swamped with work and your happy to pay. Being the ONLY we designer will have its advantages but as it expands and we feel we cannot keep up with the demand we will have to approach others.

Have a think and let me know :-) Hope you have all the info you need?
    attackingmusic@gmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 cheesemonger

Thanks to everyone who sent me their offer, I've found my web designer!
    Hi,

I'm looking for a web designer to build a site for my freelance business, something along the lines of http://www.parkbenchps.com/, most likely Wordpress-based. Some minimal logo and banner design will also be involved. Please contact me through PM if you're interested. Cheers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Looking for someone to build a Joomla 1.5 component for an existing website which will be used to record club members details.

Decent budget available so PM for more detailed spec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 WPDevPlz

Hi folks,

we are currently looking for an expert in Wordpress to completely redo our current website. We have all the content, we just need a professional to design it exactly as we want it, this includes creating a new template and skin.

We have some other websites we can show you as an example of the look and feel we are trying to achieve.

If you are interested, please PM me and I will pass on all details, if possible, please include examples of any previous work you have done.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

Hi I'm looking for somebody to design a new main news page for my site www.murderinc-online.com/eng/home.php if you click on the link you see its a fairly complex site but the new design i dont want most of the stuff that you see on that page, i'm only looking for the news page to be redesigned the other pages are not needed anymore. the kind of design im looking for is something simple like http://www.oneddl.com/ it would be a bonus if twitter and facebook integration was available also

anyone interested PM me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Looking for a webdesigner to create a website for a DIY/ Builders merchant in the southwest. something like these would be the aim
    http://www.ganlys.ie/
    http://www.norcalace.com/americanriveracehardware/
    Pm any suggestions
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 davidtimoney

Im a web designer and looking for some course or a tutor to help me upskill on certain topics CSS etc. A couple of days should do it or a short evening course. Any suggestions of good short courses available or good trainers available? Has anyone heard about te MadArt course. Apparently they do a 21 hr course for €560.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭happydude742

Looking for someone to develop a site for my new business. Site would need to be able to handle user registration/logins, users uploading picture files with some details in questionnaire format and an internal messaging system so that users could forward these details on to another registered user on site. I have built websites in the past but nothing with this complexity. I would appreciate hearing from anybody interested or even with some feedback.

It's an ambitious project so please contact me through PM if you're interested. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭castlewhite

Hi, wishing to set up a website for online business, currently selling in person. Wish to develop niche service/ product by selling online.
    Require site to displays details, photos of product, prices and
    provide delivery information. Then to collect order information and process payment. Site must be able to be updated by myself.
    anyone interested please PM. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Motofu

Am looking for web builder who could help me completing a very simple website with reasonable price. I will have a template to submitt. Please contact me if you are interested in.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hey Guys,

I have a new site which I'm soon to launch and I'm trying to change a few things around before I start promoting it. I need some more space created at the top to fit a bigger logo, and an extra link/button added to the main menu for the blog. Then on the sidebar I want a facebook like button/box for the sites fan page. I assume this is fairly simple for someone who knows how - but I don't know anyone who can help me. I'm on a small budget but will of course pay you for your time. Would anyone be able to help me?

Cheers
    Colly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dinarius

I'm a commercial photographer and I'm looking for someone to design a website.

I've never had one before, so I figure the best way to describe what I want is by illustration. Here are five sites that I like:

http://www.starphotographers.co.uk/

http://www.jennywicksphotography.co.uk/

http://marknixon.com/

http://www.marloh.com/index.html

http://www.thomasbroening.com/#/work/portfolio/1

As you can probably gather, I'm looking for a clean white look (a "gallery wall feel", for want of a better term)

I like the use of thumbnail images on some of the sites. It doesn't oblige you to scroll through a bunch of images. You can cut to one you're interested in.

I love the font on the Wolf Marloh site.

The graphics on Mark Nixon's site are nice.

Jenny Wick's site is exquisitely simple.

I'd like people to be able to email directly from the site.

A blog is something I'm considering - I have a lot on my mind! :)

One characteristic common to all the above is that they load quickly on my 10Mb connection. I like this, obviously.

I know zip about design costs, hosting costs, or anything else. I would certainly want to be able to manage the site myself once it's up and running.

That's about it.

I'm Dublin 14 based.

PM if you want to discuss.

Thanks.

D.

Update:

Many thanks for the replies. I have received quite a few and I'm going to take the weekend to think a bit more about what I want before contacting anyone.

I've since been speaking to someone I know and a few other thoughts arose.

The site would have to be viewable on iPad/iPhone.

There would have to be a client section where clients could preview files and choose before receiving finished images on DVD.

I'm intrigued by http://slideshowpro.net/examples/ and how it might incorporated.

Thanks again and will be in touch on Monday.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Guys I have a problem with a Zen cart shop and I need someone to sort it out for me. Its an issue with the payment gateway not returning to the site. probably simple enough to someone with the right experience but I just dont have time to chase it up. PM me and I'll give you all the details and you can give me a price to resolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 xzanti1

Hi,

I am looking for a asp.net web developer to work on modifications to a number of existing sites. Skills required include C#, AJAX, IIS, SQL Server. I would expect this role to last 3 months but if we find the right candidate, it could be longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Hi,

I'm looking for someone to design a website from scratch. The main site will be divided into five seperate sections with an information page in each and with an accompanying blog for each. Sort of like a page describing completed work and a blog describing work in progress. I'd also like the site to have a user login featuer with accompanying profiles. Finally i'd like a good forum.

Don't know much about web design so I'd appreciate any PMs that would give me an idea of how complex or costly a site like this would be.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sage4me

Hi I am looking for someone to convert my web design from psd to dreamweaver and make a template that I can just add to myself. I have all the design side of it done.

There are 2 pages designed that need to be converted, the home page and then just the standard brochure pages. We are a wholesale company so will not be selling online, is is more an online catalogue.

Most of the work is done I just am unable to to get it form psd to dreamweaver.

If anyone can pm it would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Final update:

I've made my decision.

Many thanks to all those who replied. I am extremely grateful. (this country would be a poorer place without boards.ie)

Best of luck to all in their work.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Gear Freak

Hey guys,

We are looking for a dynamic and inspirational Web Master to join our team.

Check out the position here: http://www.53degreesnorth.ie/Jobs.html

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭flash harry

Looking for a PHP developer for a client of mine, decent Irish ICT company in Dublin.

Key skills:
    • PHP
    • MySQL
    • Zend Framework or similar

PM and I'll send full details

FH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭seanob43

I need someone to design a logo for my website,bidonavid.com

I will be a pretty quick job I just need a designer to make it look professional.

If interested please PM me

Advertisement