Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any Runners?

• 04-07-2015 4:21pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone into running? I'm training for the Dublin City Marathon this year and I don't have access to a Gym on Saturdays and Sundays. So I'm wondering if anyone would like to join me on the long runs of a Sunday?

I suppose the lack of access to a Gym on the weekends is a good thing, as I need to spend time on the road as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Don't know which side of the county you are on but a running group goes from Kilmartins in Athlone every Sunday morning at 8.30. I think they have just started training for the flatline HM but there might be someone for DCM amongst them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I'm actually on the other side of Athlone, so I may join them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

If you look up Moate Athlone running group on Facebook you should find them. I don't run with then, Sunday morn is lazy family morn in this house.

Best of luck in your training and in the marathon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Thanks for that Sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dizzyme

Itzy - The Roscommon Harriers have a great DCM group. They call themselves the Running Rossies and have grown in numbers over the last few years. I know that they used to head off on their weekly "long run" on a Sat morning from Hannons Hotel but this may have changed since last year. Let me know if you need their contact details.

Also, the AIT AC have lots of folks training for the marathon in their AC and Fit4Life groups. the Tri-Club also have people who are training for the marathon.

My knee is in bits but I hope to get it sorted soon, until then I won't be able to join you for any long (or short) runs.

Good luck with the training and the marathon, the flatliner is on the 13th Sept which is an excellent long run training session leading up to the DCM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement