Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kuchnia Polska

• 06-09-2012 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I have always been a big fan of Kotlet schabowy, served with lovely new potatoes and a salad.

The first time I was in Poland, I surprised myself by ignoring what they looked like and trying Bigos, Gołąbki and Zurek and I was hooked. I'm a big fan of the 'dill in everything' rule.:)

Pierogi are very nice in small doses.

When I go to Poland, I try to eat in places like Kuchnia u Doroty in Krakow, not only for the prices, which are fantastic, but also for the lovely food.

I don't think I could ever try Flaczki.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Barscz starter, followed by Pierogi.

My girlfriends mother does a sort of chicken schnitzel, not sure what it is called. That with marjoram and cucumbers is lovely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

syklops wrote: »
    Barscz starter, followed by Pierogi.

My girlfriends mother does a sort of chicken schnitzel, not sure what it is called. That with marjoram and cucumbers is lovely too.

chicken schnitzel is kotlet too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

spurious wrote: »
    I have always been a big fan of Kotlet schabowy, served with lovely new potatoes and a salad.

The first time I was in Poland, I surprised myself by ignoring what they looked like and trying Bigos, Gołąbki and Zurek and I was hooked. I'm a big fan of the 'dill in everything' rule.:)

Pierogi are very nice in small doses.

When I go to Poland, I try to eat in places like Kuchnia u Doroty in Krakow, not only for the prices, which are fantastic, but also for the lovely food.

I don't think I could ever try Flaczki.:eek:

It gets my vote anyway

it suppose to be good for the hangover :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭daithi55

i love it when the missus makes sobowa (doubt thats how its spelt)
    the pork hammered and fried in the pan gorgeous with potatoes and tomato onion and garlic with the cream sauce stuff mmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 stanko

It is kotlet schabowy. It is made from pork but also good is one made from chicken breasts - has to be gently hammered :)
    Here some more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kotlet_schabowy

stanko wrote: »
    It is kotlet schabowy. It is made from pork but also good is one made from chicken breasts - has to be gently hammered :)
    Here some more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kotlet_schabowy

yup thats it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I like all polish foods that my wife cooks she is from Poland i like nearly all of the foods posted above also i love golonka, all kielbasa god the polish really know how to make sausages, a fish dish called sledzie ,i also like schabowy made with chicken or pork,gulasz, one of my most loved food is zeberka,zurek soup wih eggs i also have a sweet tooth and like szarlotka z lodami
    The polish beer i like is zubr and i like zoladkowa czysta wodka:D

ZX7R wrote: »
    I like all polish foods that my wife cooks she is from Poland i like nearly all of the foods posted above also i love golonka, all kielbasa god the polish really know how to make sausages, a fish dish called sledzie ,i also like schabowy made with chicken or pork,gulasz, one of my most loved food is zeberka,zurek soup wih eggs i also have a sweet tooth and like szarlotka z lodami
    The polish beer i like is zubr and i like zoladkowa czysta wodka:D

you have all the same tastes as me :D
    only i cant spell so didnt mention them all lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

daithi55 wrote: »
    you have all the same tastes as me :D
    only i cant spell so didn't mention them all lol
    I use a polish to English dictionary and the wife helps:D
    I noted that each family in Poland would have variations on most dishes mentioned above witch for me makes it great as each time you eat it is always a surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Wow, mate Zubr beer is the biggest piss ever, how can you like it over Tyskie or Lech or Warka, everything is better :d. My favourite is Kasztelan, a couple of years ago it was quite rare, but now you can get it everywhere.

Also you say żołądkowa czysta. Did you try the original, brown "gorzka"? Even I must say it's pretty terrible.

I'm surprised to see Żurek here. A lot of people don't like it but I absolutely loove it. With an exception. It has to be made by my granny, so I rarely get to eat it.

Flaczki are an interesting case. Very few people like them.

Same with pasztet. The cheap one you buy in a shop even though it may taste nice, is absolute ****. But if you can get some home made one from eg. rabbit or deer it's absolutely stunning.

Smacznego ;) .

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Beti87

Bigos - I love that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Also you say żołądkowa czysta. Did you try the original, brown "gorzka"? Even I must say it's pretty terrible.

What?!? Zołądkowa gorzka is gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Whatever floats your boat I suppose. Right now lemon flavoured vodka is extremely popular, like Cytrynówka Lubelska or Podlaska, but moreover self produced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

zapiekankie! 50cm long ones you get in the mountains :D Its pizza but not as you know it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

syklops wrote: »
    What?!? Zołądkowa gorzka is gorgeous!
    mixery wrote: »
    Whatever floats your boat I suppose. Right now lemon flavoured vodka is extremely popular, like Cytrynówka Lubelska or Podlaska, but moreover self produced.

Why don't you try Gorzka with few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice - gorgeous, but really dangerous stuff.

As for Polish lagers, Zubr retained its own taste while Lech and Tyskie taste same as Heineken or other lager piss. Used to be big fan, but I don't touch them anymore.

Zywiec is v.good, tastes like liquid gold :D specially when you try it from Zywiecka, local pub across the street from Zywiec brewery.

Food wise, agree with everything above. Being Polish myself I'm kind of proud of your cousine, it is simple, sometimes heavy but mostly delicious (apart from flaki, can't stand the f*ckin smell)

Advertisement