Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Careers,Job & Education - CFA/QFA/Masters etc Questions Go Here

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Spankyspanks

Hi,

Would anybody happen to know if it is possible to purchase a seperate add on for this? I have bought the notes but I want to get this in addition.

Alternatively, does anybody know where this can be reliably downloaded? I have googled and there are a few options but wondering if anyone has a trusted source?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭soddy1979

Hi,

Would anybody happen to know if it is possible to purchase a seperate add on for this? I have bought the notes but I want to get this in addition.

Alternatively, does anybody know where this can be reliably downloaded? I have googled and there are a few options but wondering if anyone has a trusted source?

You can buy it as an add on from Schweser alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭whysomoody

Anyone doing the CFA this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Thankfully not. Finished it in 2003. Not a nice way to start the bank holiday weekend though!

Best of luck with it. What level are you doing? Enjoy the rest of the weekend and all your free time after it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Marcus Halberstam

Are there any good part time investing courses in dublin that would be suitable for an accountant?

Did you ever find anything here? I'm finishing my training contract in the near future and would love to get into trading but I'm wary of the risk. I know a few lads who did courses but I think I'd have a good understanding of finance already :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 towerhillpaddy

Hi all, looking for a quick steer if possible.

ACA, Bcomm, MAcc behind me and 5 years in LEC and 2 in internal audit in v large IB in London.

Looking to do the CFAs and just looking to know whether the December set (level 1) are a realistic option at this stage or whether, to be very safe, June is a better call? Just FYI, with Olympics visitors with me theough July and to mid August, study proper would be unlikely till mid Aug.

Any guidance much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

The curriculum is divided into 18 study session designed to be completed over 18 weeks and then you need another few weeks for review and practice questions. For the December session you'd need to be starting in early August at the latest and even then you'd need to squeeze a few extra sessions in to give yourself time to review.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 towerhillpaddy

Cheers SBW - appreciate it. To be honest that was very much the way I was leaning, just wanted it "confirmed". No point in leaving myself short for the sake of 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Hi guys,

Can the QFA will compkleted under 8months - 1yr.

Ideally I would like to do the QFA & a diploma in stock trading next year while working. I'm just doing it fir the sake of doing it and who knows when they'll come in handy.

And the year after that I'll doing a masters in UL.

Is there a point in doing these courses & a masters.

thanks

Advertisement