Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving to West London (Uxbridge) Help and Advice needed :)

• 30-07-2014 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I will be starting a new job in the Brook Business Centre, Cowley Mill Rd, Uxbridge in two weeks time.

My first month of accommodation will be sorted out for me but after that im not sure what to do or where to go.One of my biggest concerns are costs of accommodation to rent , I dont need much when it comes to living except a decent internet connection as this will affect my work.
    I do plan on bringing over my bicycle(to avoid public transport costs) with me as soon as possible , and I am not afraid to cycle ( i currently cycle 30 mins to work everyday uphill :P )

So if anybody can give me some tips about renting , getting around and living costs , then i would greatly appreciate it.

Thankin you :)

EDIT: I also need to know what the best action is to move some of my stuff from Sligo to my new accommodation would be .. the best value of course

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hi Tiernanism93, there's a FAQ in the London forum that collects a lot of advice from people who've made the move before you, including some info about living costs. There's also a megathread where people ask questions and get advice.

Advertisement