Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

suggestion for quiz name for tonight (ripped from another thread and will need to be edited down)

I have to admit, the London Olympics has completely changed my perception of Britain.

Prior to the Olympics, I thought they were crap at sport but good at music.

How about 'I don't care about the price tag of my Rolls-Royce either' ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I have a viewing at 7pm but I'll be down at the NLT after that. I've another viewing at 8.30 so I'll pop out for that, and then I'll be back again for the rest of the quiz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I have a viewing at 7pm but I'll be down at the NLT after that. I've another viewing at 8.30 so I'll pop out for that, and then I'll be back again for the rest of the quiz :)

I love your optimism that it'll actually start before 9 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

serrity wrote: »
    Okay, I've confirmed our attendance at the Camden quiz on the 14th. Going through the posts above I think this is our team:

1. serrity
    2. silvervixen84
    3. reekwind
    4. choccielover
    5. exiledelbows
    6. Mrs exiledelbows said she'd be interested, too

So is everyone still in? And does anyone want to start a subs bench/second team?

Really sorry but can't make it tonight, after all. Hope ye can draft someone in from the subs bench!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Well I should still be there tonight

• Advertisement

Reekwind wrote: »
    Well I should still be there tonight

Cool - venue is London Irish Centre 50-52 Camden Square, London, NW1 9XB. They say it's 6:30pm for a 7pm start, so I'm aiming to be there sometime between the two!

Nearest Tube is Camden Town, or get the Overground to Camden Road.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

How did ye get on last week?

Also, who's in this for tonight? Myself and Jack B. Badd will be along :)

Fysh wrote: »
    How did ye get on last week?

Also, who's in this for tonight? Myself and Jack B. Badd will be along :)

Er... we lost by half a point after another team were awarded half marks for identifying a picture of Katie Taylor as 'Mary Taylor'. :mad: Suffice to say we won't be going back there again. My theory is the quizmaster had no backup plan for a tie-breaker and panicked.

I'm in tonight anyway!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I'll be there (in between viewings) again this evening :)

serrity wrote: »
    Er... we lost by half a point after another team were awarded half marks for identifying a picture of Katie Taylor as 'Mary Taylor'. :mad:
    In fairness, he did accept our claim that 'fat-tubi' is a type of pasta...

And was planning to be there tonight but work intervened :mad:

• Advertisement

Looking ahead to next week (Bank Holiday Monday), does anyone want to meet for an early evening meal/general lazing around/other assorted mischief before heading to the NLT quiz at the usual time?

I'd be up for that if anyone else is. I'll be around the city anyway tomorrow so a meal sounds good

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I dont think Jack B Badd or myself will make it tonight, i'm afraid :(

I'm hoping to go, anyone else in?

I was thinking of it but it's sooo far...

It looks like numbers are down so if you like we can leave it for this week? Beers are sat night anyway

I did stick my head in the NLT tonight, what with being out of internet range for most of today. I think everyone else, including Gareth, took the night off as well, there was a poor showing

Oh yeah, and I officially hate you all

I did stick my head in the NLT tonight, what with being out of internet range for most of today. I think everyone else, including Gareth, took the night off as well, there was a poor showing

There's this amazing new technology for hand-held communication devices called SMS. You should try it sometime, it's even better than jetpacks*!

*Obviously I'm lying here, jetpacks would be seriously cool. But, you know, jetpacks = Teh Fuchar and whatnot.

Jetpacks are not all they're cracked up to be...

Happened to me a few months back but I stayed for the quiz anyway!

• Advertisement

I probably would have done that but they all looked very intimate - two teams clustered tightly down one of the room. That and the sudden crushing disappointment in you guys was overwhelming ;)

Who's in tonight?

Jack B Badd and I are in, and I'm bringing mystery prizes home-made cookies along with me. Whether these count as an incentive or a deterrent is left for the reader to decide...

I'll be there after my viewing :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Count me in! It feels like months since I was last there!

I'm going to aim to be there but that will depend on when I get away from work

So who's gettin' quizzical tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Yes!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I’m not going to make it this week I’m afraid!

• Advertisement

Yes, and I'll be there for the whole quiz this week, yay!

Advertisement