Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Valentines

• 14-02-2008 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I know I’m gonna sound like such a needy idiot here but I’m not, I’m just a little curious to see if this would bother anyone else.
    I’ve been seeing a lovely guy for the past 2 – 3 months and things have been going really well (in my mind anyway). He asked
    Me out for dinner tomorrow night for Valentines day and I happily said yes so it’s all set up for 8pm tomorrow evening, nice.
    Thing is, I haven’t heard from him for the past 2 days. I haven’t texted him and he hasn’t texted me. No calls, nothing. This isn’t
    That unusual at all though, we don’t contact each other on a daily basis or even just random ‘how are u’ texts, we just don’t do
    That, we only text or call if we actually have something to say or to arrange.

Anyway, I haven’t heard from him today either. Now I’m not a big Valentines day person at all, in fact I think the whole day is
    Complete bullsh*t but seeing as we’re only together a short while, he doesn’t know this about me and for all he knows it’s a huge
    Big deal to me. I just think it’s a bit weird that he hasn’t even texted ‘happy valentines day’. Nothing.

Do I have the right to be pissed off/ reason for concern or am I just being a complete muppet??
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

He might be thinking the exact same thing! :confused: Why don't you ring him or text him and say happy valentines day???

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi Guys,

I know I’m gonna sound like such a needy idiot here but I’m not, I’m just a little curious to see if this would bother anyone else.
    I’ve been seeing a lovely guy for the past 2 – 3 months and things have been going really well (in my mind anyway). He asked
    Me out for dinner tomorrow night for Valentines day and I happily said yes so it’s all set up for 8pm tomorrow evening, nice.
    Thing is, I haven’t heard from him for the past 2 days. I haven’t texted him and he hasn’t texted me. No calls, nothing. This isn’t
    That unusual at all though, we don’t contact each other on a daily basis or even just random ‘how are u’ texts, we just don’t do

Anyway, I haven’t heard from him today either. Now I’m not a big Valentines day person at all, in fact I think the whole day is
    Complete bullsh*t but seeing as we’re only together a short while, he doesn’t know this about me and for all he knows it’s a huge
    Big deal to me. I just think it’s a bit weird that he hasn’t even texted ‘happy valentines day’. Nothing.

Do I have the right to be pissed off/ reason for concern or am I just being a complete muppet??
    Thanks

Just drop him a 'happy valentines day' text and ask if you're still on for tonight. No guy is going to begrusge a girl a happy valentines day text.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

he's a man so he's probably thinking 'i asked her if she wanted to go out on thurs night, she said yes so I'll text/call her thurs afternoon to see what time suits her'.

Men think in straight lines (most of them anyway). They don't over analyse everything the way women do.

Why not just text him and say what time and where are we meeting this evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭paulksnn

There is always the possibility that he's just had a hectic week.
    I agree with How strange.
    A quick text from you will determine what he's up to, and you can stop creating scenarios in your head then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

You both don't text each other, you don't text him and wonder why he doesn't text you...
    why does he have to be the one making contact? If you want to talk to him, text him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

bluewolf wrote: »
    You both don't text each other, you don't text him and wonder why he doesn't text you...
    why does he have to be the one making contact? If you want to talk to him, PHONE him

fixed that for you there bluewolf

:D

use the phone for goodness sake op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Opplock

Don't over analyse. Chill. Call him ask him where to meet or something casual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Opplock

Don't over analyse. Chill. Call him ask him where to meet or something casual.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,105 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Oh those darn texts again - not only are actual texts misunderstood, but they don't even have to be sent to cause a stir.
    Ring him and ask what time he'd like to be ready/meet up tonight.
    Have a nice evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

No disrespect OP and to be honest, this isn't aimed solely at you but why do women do this? You don't text each other all the time so this is nothing new. You say yourself that Valentine's Day isn't a big deal to you so you're not worried/annoyed because he hasn't broken the normal pattern?
    Basically, he's doing what you'd like him to do (as I see it anyway) but you're upset because he doesn't know that's what you'd like him to do.

Would you have posted about this if it wasn't Valentine's Day?

No offence but you don't seem to know what you want. Or more specifically, you seem to want to things that are mutually exclusive.
    Why does everyone seem to think matters of the heart are some kind of competition to see who breaks first?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Thanks

I'll go with the muppet thingie.

Seriously, tell me this, as you haven't contacted him today, do you think he has the right to be pissed off/concerned or would you think him a muppet?

This is 2008
    You no longer have to wait for Mr. Darcy to make up his mind and make the moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Marksie wrote: »

You say phone them but the last few girls that I've gone out with I've actually met initially, got their number, and then met them again without actually speaking to them on the phone.

I did actually ring most of them first but just got the answering service and left a message. I would then get a text back saying "sorry I missed your call, what's up?" or something similar.

I'm old enough to remember the days when mobile phones weren't as prevalent as they are now and you'd have to ring the house phone of the girl. I just think things have changed to degree. Some people just prefer texting I suppose. Personally, I don't mind either way.

As for the OP, just bleedin text him and ask him what time are you meeting at. Or say Happy Valentines day. Or.....if ya wanna be totally crazy....ring him!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Marksie wrote: »

thanks :D i got carried away with all the mentions of texting...

Advertisement