Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Triax Saorview BBC4

• 03-05-2013 6:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

On Triax Saorview I get BB4 but if I switch to another station and return BBC4 is gone, I still get info on whats on and even subtitles. Whats that about?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

What time of day are you trying to watch BBC4?

Which model Triax receiver is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bruteforce

Its the Triax Saorview TBC. I am aware that BBC4 starts at 7. Odd thing is I was on standby as the station started at 7 and it appeared fine and was watching a programme. Then I switched to another station and when I came back no picture or sound. Ino says signal etc is fine. When i click subtitles they appear. All very odd. And is my favourite station!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

No such thing as a Triax TBC. Do you mean the TSC114? Are you getting the UK channels from a satellite connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Simply scan the transponder BBC4 is on in the evening after 7pm which is

10773 H
    5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Hatgirl

I'm having the same problem with my TSC114. No BBC3 or BBC4. They disappeared before Christmas, but as there is no easy way to scan a single transponder (you have to rescan everything, then renumber all the channels again. Ugh.) I waited until the new firmware came out, as then I'd have to rescan anyway.

So last week I waited until after 7pm, rescanned, and got BBC3 and BBC4. But the next day they were gone again :-/

Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Hatgirl wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem with my TSC114. No BBC3 or BBC4. They disappeared before Christmas, but as there is no easy way to scan a single transponder (you have to rescan everything, then renumber all the channels again. Ugh.) I waited until the new firmware came out, as then I'd have to rescan anyway.

So last week I waited until after 7pm, rescanned, and got BBC3 and BBC4. But the next day they were gone again :-/

Any suggestions?

Its simple to scan a single transponder on the triax TSC114, to do so simply do the following.
    Press Menu
    enter Installation menu and change the top line installation type to DVB-S
    scroll down to manual transponder list
    Select the freq you need to scan and hit the blue button to search it only.

For bbc 3 its 10818 v
    for bbc 4 its 10773 h

Advertisement