Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Year old 5s losing battery power

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Stick with it. Their diagnostics - even the more comprehensive ones at the shop - said that there was nothing wrong with my phone, yet the new one is performing perfectly.
    Unfortunately, it seems to be down to who you talk to. Some reps were much more helpful than others.

mfield wrote: »
    Thanks for the answers lads, gonna head to an Apple store and see what they can do. I've an iPhone 4 with a better battery than my 5s. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

mfield wrote: »
    Having the same problem with my 5s.

It's super slow to charge and then the battery drains really fast as well. I have tried everything, I even wiped it and ran it as new with no apps installed and the problem still exists. I was onto Apple and they ran the diagnostic test and it passed. So I dunno what to do now. Any help would be great.

I have two experiences with the same issue.

A year ago my iPhone 5 passed the diagnostic test, despite the fact my battery was dying at 20-40% or so at times. When I'd plug it in it'd go back to that number and often act normally, or occasionally die a few % later. After a bit of to-ing and fro-ing they replaced it.

Likewise, last week I had exactly the same symptoms with the replacement phone (a few days outside my AppleCare coverage and over a year out of warranty). Again it passed the diagnostic and they told me it must be my usage, which it isn't, as firstly my usage is and was no different prior to and since the battery started failing and secondly, I don't really use the phone very much. Quite obviously their diagnostic doesn't tell the whole story as a phone dying at 30% isn't right, particularly when it's been restored as new, with no apps or mail accounts etc. set up (which was another troubleshooting measure I tried).

The trick is basically to have followed the troubleshooting steps prior to calling them up. I had done restores from backup and restores as new and it made no difference. I politely explained that I was a long time user of Apple products, that I felt the device was not fit for purpose and that I'd like to speak to a supervisor to ask that a goodwill gesture be made and the phone replaced outside of warranty, as it left me disinclined to buy Apple products again after having had a few issues (which is true, none of which were of my doing). After a very amicable chat he brought me through a few steps, none of which worked and he agreed to replace the phone, which is on its way to me.

Essentially I'd say be polite but stick to your guns. They have the power to replace the phone if they choose to.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mfield

Just to follow up lads. I brought the phone back to an Apple Store where they ran some tests and found the logic board to be damaged so the replaced it with a new phone. Thanks a mill for all your help. :)

Advertisement