Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iPhone 4S Question: Full Charge Capacity c. 1050

• 16-01-2014 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Question for the techies:

I'm thinking of putting my iPhone 4S for sale on eBay. Its *immaculate* in every way (spent its whole life in a Lifeproof case). The phone is not yet 2 years old and "iBackupBot" (an OSX App) indicates that it has a Full Charge Capacity circa 1050 and a CycleCount around 1150.

I know I'm probably a fairly heavy iPhone user, so my question is, are these stats really bad? Should I stomp up €75 to have the battery replaced by Apple before putting it on eBay?

Ideally I don't want the hassle of doing that and I know that most people wouldn't think twice about battery quality before reselling, but equally I don't want to sell something that the purchaser will be unhappy with. Like I said; the phone is immaculate in every other respect so I want to get the fairest possible price given how well its been cared for.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Would you get 75 EUR more for it with a new battery over leaving it as is?

I wouldn't think so. Sounds like money you won't recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

A 1150 cycle count does seem a lot. I've had a 4S for 15 months and only have a count of 340. My full charge capacity is 1330 (out of 1430 mAh). But I don't use 3G, location services or Bluetooth much, mostly Wi-Fi.

You should mention how long the phone has been used for in your listing. You could try putting it up on Adverts.ie as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭eorpach

Thanks makoten and Senecio. Good advice!

Can anybody personally recommend a low-cost reputable iPhone 4S battery repair service in Dublin?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

eorpach wrote: »
    Thanks makoten and Senecio. Good advice!

Can anybody personally recommend a low-cost reputable iPhone 4S battery repair service in Dublin?

Have a look around some of the threads on this forum for a member called CathalDublin. He has a good reputation, I believe.

Advertisement