Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Shield

Options
  • 20-09-2012 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

My favourite show, I really liked Shane tbh.

Best season I can't say one the worst was when the new guy took over the strike team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Finished it last night. Incredible series. Relentless action and drama throughout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

brilliant show,action packed all the way through, its hard to say which season was the best, vic would have been my favorite character, brilliant ending.
    loved the face on the fbi bird when vic came clean about all his crimes, hillarious
    i give the shield 10\10

All the series were excellent. Cannot remember which is which though fo the most part. I would argue series 5 is probably the strongest. The John Kavanaugh character was incredible. Probably the tensest of the lot.

Though series 4 with Anton Mitchell was pretty special as well.

Series 7
    The confession was incredible. Absolutely spine tingling.

Poor Ronnie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Sorry for bumping a month old thread, but I hold the Shield quite close to my heart :)

My favourite show hands down. Watched it in full twice, just rewatching S07 now. I loved the character development, how everything tied in together and especially how things you may have forgotten about tended to pop back into the show and catch you off guard.

Hard to write something about this on an iPad without spoiler tags!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

Yeah, LOVE The Shield. Fav character is probably Shane (Cletus Van Damme). Liked Dutch as well.Best scene has to be Vic interrogating the paedo in the holding cell.Going to watch the whole series on my next long haul flight.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

surely you mean dutch interrogating the paedophile?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

No,I mean Vic. He asks the guy if he would like to come around and have it off with his young daughter."Good cop and bad cop are gone home.I'm a different kind of cop".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

I'm on the 3rd episode of season 1! Seen a few other episodes in another season but let me tell ya lads...as ya already know, its VERY addictive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

great show.
    given the ending do you think it might come back??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

seeing vic in new show vegas just isnt right ... Michael Chiklis will always be vic mackey i think, unforgettable character and a quality show.

watched it 3 times at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭krieture

Started watching this after reading this thread. Just finished season 1. Absolute quality. Looking forward to some box-set sessions and pizza :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

it'll be well worth it my friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just finished watching all seven seasons of this over the last three months. I'd seen the first five seasons as it aired and then somehow lost touch with it (Work and college maybe). I remember thinking it was good, but I'm struggling to think of why it isn't locked in my brain, in a way that say The Wire is. It's that rare instance when you revisit something and it's actually stronger than I remembered.

Having finally finished it.... well Holy ****, that ending. They absolutely landed it and it was such a precarious tightrope they were on. And the first few eps of season seven, were perhaps the weakest in the show, but ****, it really came together. I can't think of a show with a better ending*, almost 24 hours later it's still going around in my head, trying to make sense of it. Amazing performances throughout.

It's displaced Breaking Bad, as my second most recommended show.

*Boxsets on sale have 30 minutes missing from what originally aired, so find the full thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

My understanding was that it's the season 5 ending that had been heavily edited for the region 2 DVDs, that the region 1 set was left in tact..? There are some comments on amazon.co.uk about this.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭krieture

How you getting on Krieture? :D

Loving it! On Season 3 at the moment. Watching Breaking Basd again at the same time to jog my memory before the last season starts!

Nothing like good quality entertainment.....

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

A fellow baldie. I love Vic Mackie!

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

One of my favourite tv shows of all time

My understanding was that it's the season 5 ending that had been heavily edited for the region 2 DVDs, that the region 1 set was left in tact..? There are some comments on amazon.co.uk about this.

What was the difference in endings so?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Started watching again, on Season 2 Ep 3
    Dutch is on the case of the couple who cut off their neighbours arm and Vic just had a culinary incident with the dude who brands the ladies with the dove,

Dutch and Claudette are brilliant,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Totally forgot about the whole Aceveda political story arch.

Im loving my re-watch so far

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

rewatching this atm

i never noticed before how ****ing *huge* everyone's mobile phone is

Advertisement