Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Your S is the same age as my R if that helps ;)

OMG. . . :eek: i think i know. . :eek: congratulations :D

yes 6 weeks left it's flying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 5 penguins bars

Lol thanks January & Cbyrd :D

No not really going anon for people here, more for family & friends that might know me by my other username :o

6 weeks :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

I'm 28 weeks pregnant.

I have high blood pressure issues, so have to avoid salt, and fat, and putting on any weight (since the beginning of pregnancy), which I have managed to do.

2 weeks ago they discovered gestational diabetes, and in my attempt to manage it without injecting insulin, I have discovered I can have 0 sugar, and almost as few carbs. I'm basically on atkins, which isn't all that terribly healthy for me, or for the (extremely wriggly) baby. AND after all the effort it has taken to stick to that diet (and I have stuck to it) it now looks like it's not enough, and I'm going to have to go on insulin ANYWAY.

Every time I feel the least bit sorry for myself, I start boohooing uncontrollably, and I can't stop, and it's embarrassing that it really only happens in front of the doctors or the midwives, and they're being sympathetic, 'IGNORE ME, I'M NOT HAVING A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN, I'M JUST PREGNANT AND EMOTIONAL FOR NO REASON, STOP ASKING WHAT'S WRONG, BECAUSE I CAN'T RATIONALLY EXPLAIN THE SNOT POURING OUT OF MY NOSE'

I live in Monaghan, and am having the baby in Drogheda, which means I'm going to have to drive for an hour every time I want to see my obstetrician, or the midwife, or the diabetes doctor, and with a 'high risk' pregnancy, that's going to be a LOT.

I can't exercise, my pubic symphysis has separated, and the most exercise I can do is a tightly controlled waddle, knees together. My other pelvic joints have recently started cracking loudly every time i sit or lie down, or stand up, which means they're on the way out too.

Oh, I have had precisely 1 bowel movement in the last 10 days.

I HAVE 12 MORE WEEKS OF THIS!

Right now, I'd really just love a proper sandwich, or a bowl of cereal, or a great big baked potato, never mind a big plate of chips or a doughnut.

This diet is requiring me to cook a LOT more, and even seems to result in twice the amount of dishes to wash.

This complaining lark is quite therapeutic, I should have done it sooner, I'm now starting to see the funny side of all this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Wow that's some time you're having Foxinsocks :eek::D I was only going to moan about iron tablets and the side effects no one warns you about :o

Hope the next 12 weeks fly for you! :D

Wow that's some time you're having Foxinsocks :eek::D I was only going to moan about iron tablets and the side effects no one warns you about :o

Hope the next 12 weeks fly for you! :D

Oh, I'm on the liquid iron... what a treat THAT stuff is!

PS, no moan on this thread can be described as 'only', please feel free to rant!

• Advertisement

So I had my glucose tolerance test today right. Had to organise to stay in my folks last night because I had to be at the hosp at 9am and with a toddler and all to get ready no way would I have made it in from home in time. So I packed up two bags for me and the boy made my way down here...the boy was a bit unsettled sleeping some where different so he woke a couple of times through the night, not much sleep was had by me therefore. Fasted from 9pm last night.

Made my way into the clinic this morning, my lovely dad gave me a lift in while my mum minded the boy, my veins are awful at the best of times, but after fasting were diabolical. Nurse tried one vein, nothing, another vein nothing anyhow she gave up and went for the painful vein in the wrist which thankfully worked.

So there I am sitting in reception after drinking the drink looking like something from The Night Garden with all the polka dot plasters all over my arms when I get a text from my husband....'hope everything's alright, you're going to kill me but I decided because it's such a nice day out to take the day off so I'm going for a walk up the mountains...see you later' :eek::eek::eek: Well I tell you, it's lucky it wasn't my blood pressure they were testing because I'd have been admitted there and then :mad:

I am now planning the many different ways he is going to pay!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Good lord, I think a course of lessons on tact might be of use to him! Crazy hubby! Hope your GTT goes ok and your results are normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

hahaha hannibal that sounds like something my husband would say:D:D:D
    They can be such planks :eek: at least a day and a night without housework or child minding there for that one ;):D
    Good luck with the results ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Oh dear god foxinsocks, you are having a rough time :(
    Sounds like you're coping a hell of a lot better than I would though- well done. :)
    can you swim at all or would that wreak your puic joint as well?

Which iron are you taking foxinsocks and hannibalsmith?
    I'm on the liquid spatone... probably no help to you foxinsocks if you can't have any sugar, but I find it's ok in orange juice.

and hannibalsmith... hope you come up with something inventive and fun to make the hubby pay! ;)

I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and i'm so sick of being pregnant now!
    I'm an emotional mess every single night... the poor boyfriend is getting no sleep with my sobbing over the stupidest things- at the moment we're stopping our 2 dogs from sleeping in our room and leaving them downstairs at night- it's ridiculous, but my dogs are my babies and it's breaking my heart cos one of them is sad :(
    But I know it wouldn't really be healthy for the baby to be sleepingin the same room with doggy hair and stuff in the air. :(
    My bump feels massive, even though I'm not really that big. I'm destroyed with stretch marks on the underneath part of my bump and the itch is driving me nuts. Guh! :(
    I've never fantasised so much about pain! I just want to go into labour now please!!!

liliq wrote: »
    can you swim at all or would that wreak your puic joint as well?

I can't really swim, I could in theory walk around the pool slowly, which might help, but I've been told not to do any resistance work at all. I could sort of swim just using my arms maybe? It hurts to put weight on, but it hurts more to move my legs. So hard to know if swimming would work... A doctor suggested a sort of recumbent pilates.

I'm using liquid galfer, it tastes something like thick blood with added rust. I just bought what my obstetrician told me, I didn't do any research

Thanks guys for the words of support, it means a lot!

Hannibal: good luck with your test results! I wouldn't wish this on anyone, and I was extremely shocked (and blubbed like a blubby thing) when I was told I had 'a bit of diabetes' Also, regarding your husband, he REALLY should have known better, it's not like this is your first time around... He might need it pointed out though :)

Just about down to 11 weeks now, seriously this is taking AGES... And having a pregnancy induced HUNGRY day sucks when you can't snack at all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

liliq wrote: »
    I'm on the liquid spatone... probably no help to you foxinsocks if you can't have any sugar, but I find it's ok in orange juice.

Probably makes no odds to you now Liliq, because you've only a week or 2 to go, but Spatone is useless. Hardly any iron at all in it, hospital say it's only the same as a bowl of cornflakes. Read another poster say that their consultant said you may as well throw it over your shoulder for all the iron it gives you!
    I was on Galfer, but my box is finished, so using up the Ferrograd C I was on before I was pregnant. Some people have been told not to take this & others have been told it's fine, so taking my chances til I get a minute to get more Galfer or normal Ferrograd.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

if i dont get a good nights sleep soon i might explode! i wake several times with AWFUL pains in both my hips. its like its inside my bones!!:( all i want to do is lie on my back but i know we are not suppose to be doing that. during the day its fine which is great. im going to try acupuncture, aqua aerobics and massage. somethin has to ease the pain at night!!!!

Yay I have gestational diabetes on top of everything else!! Go me! :rolleyes:

What a pile of poo. And to top it all off I had a blazing row with my mother yesterday which means I'm down a babysitter so what the hell I'm gonna do now I've to go to the Diabetic Clinic as well as the normal hospital and gp visits I have no idea.

I'm taking galfor for the iron Foxinsocks....it does things to your system that I wasn't aware of :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Yay I have gestational diabetes on top of everything else!! Go me! :rolleyes:

What a pile of poo. And to top it all off I had a blazing row with my mother yesterday which means I'm down a babysitter so what the hell I'm gonna do now I've to go to the Diabetic Clinic as well as the normal hospital and gp visits I have no idea.

I'm taking galfor for the iron Foxinsocks....it does things to your system that I wasn't aware of :o:D

what side effects do galfor have? :o
    am starting to take these today on advice of my nurse

was hoping to avoid them but got to 30+4 without them........

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tinkerbell1608

I'm nearly 37 weeks pregnant and i literally want to pull my little girl out of me. I've had terrible sickness up to this point, every morning without fail i wrap myself around the toilet bowl!!

Have everything going! Finding it hard to walk even tho i'm still working in a shop, i give that up next week... have to roll myself out of bed now, have terrible pubic and hip bone pain. lacking alot of sleep, get up nearly every half hour at night to pee :mad: can only lie on my left side because she curls up on the right hand side of my tummy. i'm so so uncomfortable!!! Plus the daddy doesn't wanna know her!

oh and did i mention the bad constipation and piles :eek: Thats why i've come to the decision that this little girl is gonna be an only child, i don't think i can ever go through another 9 months of this :(

I huff and puff like a 60 stone man, can't take my shoes off at this stage and when i manage it the grunts and groans out of me would scare anyone!
    Heartburn is the worst tho out of everything i'm going through, I just hope the minute i have her all this horrible stuff will leave me alone forever.

what side effects do galfor have? :o
    am starting to take these today on advice of my nurse

was hoping to avoid them but got to 30+4 without them........

hey you're the same as me 30+4 :D Erm...after you've taken them for a few days, and you go to the toilet...don't be too shocked when you see how dark your stools are :eek: Sorry if that's too graphic, but it is a shocker :D

I'm nearly 37 weeks pregnant and i literally want to pull my little girl out of me. I've had terrible sickness up to this point, every morning without fail i wrap myself around the toilet bowl!!

Have everything going! Finding it hard to walk even tho i'm still working in a shop, i give that up next week... have to roll myself out of bed now, have terrible pubic and hip bone pain. lacking alot of sleep, get up nearly every half hour at night to pee :mad: can only lie on my left side because she curls up on the right hand side of my tummy. i'm so so uncomfortable!!! Plus the daddy doesn't wanna know her!

oh and did i mention the bad constipation and piles :eek: Thats why i've come to the decision that this little girl is gonna be an only child, i don't think i can ever go through another 9 months of this :(

I huff and puff like a 60 stone man, can't take my shoes off at this stage and when i manage it the grunts and groans out of me would scare anyone!
    Heartburn is the worst tho out of everything i'm going through, I just hope the minute i have her all this horrible stuff will leave me alone forever.

Get on that yoga ball and start pushing her out nooowww! :D Can you not finish work that little bit sooner and at least give yourself a bit of a rest before baby comes?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tinkerbell1608

Funny you say that cos the last couple of weeks i've been getting the urge to get on one of those balls! work wise they've offered to reduce my time down so i don't get too tired. finishing up on the 3rd so hopefully will have 2 weeks to myself before baby comes! But then i have nothing done, haven't got her cot up or room for her stuff sorted. I'm not even packed for the hospital yet :eek: I'll get there tho, hopefully!!!!!!!!

haahaa I feel like doing a few bounces for you :D I hope you get a bit of time to sit and relax, because if you think you're busy now :eek:.....no I won't finish that sentence ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ChattyChick

I don't know what to do. I'm 16 weeks pregnant with my first baby and please don't get me wrong, I'm so happy. This baby is what we've dreamed of and it feels like my whole life has been leading up to this but I can't cope with the pain. The nausea, the tiredness, the forgetfulness...I'll gladly take it all but the pain is driving me insane and I feel so guilty for not being able to manage it.

I'm a migraine sufferer for years but I can't take my preventative meds when I'm pregnant. As a result I'm in constant pain day and night. My consultant and midwife have been very understanding but it comes back to the same thing...strong painkillers are dangerous for the baby. My GP has been outstanding but there's nothing more that can be done and I'm at the end of my rope.

Most people thing migraines are just "bad headaches" but it's so much more than that. My whole face and jaw is throbbing every day. I have no balance, blurred vision and extreme sensitivity to light and sound....and the headache of course.

If anyone has any experience/suggestions, I'd be so grateful. I really want to enjoy my pregnancy but at the moment, each day is just a trial to get through. Please help...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

I really do feel for you chattychick. I am wondering if any of your health consultants have suggested any alternative medicines, like acupuncture. Have not tried them myself but I have suffered from migraines for years (touch woods its been a few years since last one) and I can imagine you would try anything that is safe for you and babs, they are so painful I cant begin to imagine what it is like with being pregnant as well.
    Talk to your doctor about it, acupuncture is normally considered safe during pregnancy, worth a shot.

All the best and let us know how you get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

my moan today is about iron tablets - galfor ones!
    meh meh meh

i have to take one tablet every 2 days(i only started this week) but find everytime I take it after my dinner- my main meal of day,I get terrible tummy cramps. I get them for the night and morning after I take them. - very uncomfortable.
    Now i know i have only taken 2 tablets but don't think I can suffer on for the next 9 weeks if I have these side effects.

Any advice appreciated?
    I was hoping to avoid iron supplements as I was taking my pregnancy vitamins all throughout but at least I got to 30 weeks without needing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 beanser

meh meh meh

i have to take one tablet every 2 days(i only started this week) but find everytime I take it after my dinner- my main meal of day,I get terrible tummy cramps. I get them for the night and morning after I take them. - very uncomfortable.
    Now i know i have only taken 2 tablets but don't think I can suffer on for the next 9 weeks if I have these side effects.

Any advice appreciated?
    I was hoping to avoid iron supplements as I was taking my pregnancy vitamins all throughout but at least I got to 30 weeks without needing them.

I was taking other iron tablets called Feroglobin, they were meant to be slow release so a bit easier on your tummy, maybe give your doc a ring and ask is okay if you change.

I had bad experiences of iron tablets on first pregnancy, they made me throw up every day which in my mind totally defeats the purpose of them, but with these ones if I took them at night they weren't too bad, only got sick twice on them. Might be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

taking vitamin c with iron is meant to help absorb the iron, so maybe some orange juice or something when you're taking the tablets might help? can't do any harm to try anyway!

meh meh meh

Any advice appreciated?

Eek, one every 2 days? I've been taking 2 every day...I wonder did I get it wrong :eek:

There has to be another one you can take? Tummy cramps aren't good.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

It's like shifting a bag of cement trying to turn in the bed. 26 days to dd...

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Long Road 8378

I'm 18 weeks and due my first baby in January. My complaint is that every woman I seem to come into contact with feels the need to tell me their most horrific chidbirth stories. The pain, the blood, the guts..... it's just lovely. As if I wasn't nervous enough.... To make it worse, they only seem inspired to tell these stories when they find out it's my first baby!!!

I'm 18 weeks and due my first baby in January. My complaint is that every woman I seem to come into contact with feels the need to tell me their most horrific chidbirth stories. The pain, the blood, the guts..... it's just lovely. As if I wasn't nervous enough.... To make it worse, they only seem inspired to tell these stories when they find out it's my first baby!!!

grrr selfish so and so's. What is it with people trying to scare the living daylights out of you. Don't worry, there are horror stories to everything, but the downsides will have a limited life span, not like an illness where they can linger for years. It'll all be over and done with within the next few months and you'll have the best thing you could have ever hoped for at the end of it.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Future Baby

My moan today is that I was hooked up to get my 3rd ECG test of the day and 101 blood test of the day in hospital, and work kept trying to ring me, then they text me to see if I will be in work on Monday as they are down alot of staff due to annual leave .... and the hospital are wondering why my heart beat is through the roof! I thought when you have a cert to be off work, then they would leave you alone...wonder if they will ask me to come back into work in the afternoon when I give birth, like you do when you go to the dentist and bring the new baby to take some messages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

if i dont get a good nights sleep soon i might explode! i wake several times with AWFUL pains in both my hips. its like its inside my bones!!:( all i want to do is lie on my back but i know we are not suppose to be doing that. during the day its fine which is great. im going to try acupuncture, aqua aerobics and massage. somethin has to ease the pain at night!!!!

This really sounds like you have sciatica. I got it around 12 weeks. I used to dread rolling over in bed or getting out of bed or the car. It was the worst part of being pregnant. The only things that did help were swimming and bouncing on the yoga ball.

I was told I had it because of the hormones that relax the muscles in your pelvic region.

I read somewhere you can 'lock you pelvis' before you move and that should be less painful. Still haven't found out what that means.

Advertisement