Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you use a battery saver app?

• 16-01-2014 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Do you use a battery saver app such as JuiceDefender or other?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Do you use a battery saver app? 51 votes

No
    0% 0 votes
    Yes
    100% 51 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I did use clean master for a while until I noticed it actually was making battery life worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭jgbyr

I use GreenPower battery saver app. It can turn on & off your wifi & 3g usage to suit your requirements plus I really like the night scheduling as it turns everything off automatically at a set time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I use Juice defender on my S3 mini, and find it definitely helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

No. My Note 3 lasts for ages really.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

Nope, I use a custom ROM instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭nedd

i voted no then remembered i am using greenify root to hibernate facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

No, I don't need it, sometimes have 50% left at the end of the day. Amazing battery life with Nexus 5 running Art with the latest Google framework update

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

No, but I use BetterBatteryStats from f-droid market if I see that battery drains too fast

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

nedd wrote: »
    i voted no then remembered i am using greenify root to hibernate facebook

Never heard of this greenify before!
    What do you make of it?
    Looks intruiging :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭nedd

I don't know if it makes a massive difference as my battery is draining really quickly lately. But i like the idea of sleeping apps when i'm not using them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Cool, cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Ionised

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    No. My Note 3 lasts for ages really.

Same for me...Note 3 lasts me a couple of days without issue. If anything I'll be looking for apps to use up the battery :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Ionised wrote: »
    Same for me...Note 3 lasts me a couple of days without issue. If anything I'll be looking for apps to use up the battery :D

In Gingerbread days of yore these apps were kind of needed by the OS, but nowadays JB just handles all that stuff natively....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Ionised

Fieldog wrote: »
    In Gingerbread days of yore these apps were kind of needed by the OS, but nowadays JB just handles all that stuff natively....

Aye. Seems to be the general consensus that they are not really needed.

I'm sure some will disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Don't see the need for the last couple of years

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html

http://lifehacker.com/5650894/android-task-killers-explained-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them

I use battery widget reborn to knock off WiFi and put phone into silent overnight but that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Just remembered BBC Click reviewed the latest gen of battery saver app over Christmas,
    battery guru. Might be of use to those on older OS or snapdragon CPU.
    It learns your usage patterns/consumption trends and adjusts accordingly.
    Seems smarter and more intelligent than those I tried a few years back.
    Haven't tried myself as not compatible with Nexus 4 but reviews look good.

http://androidcommunity.com/qualcomm-snapdragon-batteryguru-2-0-app-now-offers-more-feedback-20131030/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Pique

No, I don't need it, sometimes have 50% left at the end of the day. Amazing battery life with Nexus 5 running Art with the latest Google framework update

Well done that man!

I googled what Art was and applied it and yes, it makes a noticeable difference.
    Top job!

Pique wrote: »
    Well done that man!

I googled what Art was and applied it and yes, it makes a noticeable difference.
    Top job!

Only a difference on idle, no difference on how apps drain the battery

• Registered Users Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Greenify is available for nonrooted devices as of this week just in case thats of interest to anyone here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Arrow.

Haven't had any use for one since the GS2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Load of muck. Root the phone and delete the problem apps. Only way

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭floyd.pepper

Using ART on my N5. All went well up until a few days ago. I've noticed journal.ie app killing my battery. It's a real pain because it's a useful app. Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I switched runtimes?

Using ART on my N5. All went well up until a few days ago. I've noticed journal.ie app killing my battery. It's a real pain because it's a useful app. Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I switched runtimes?

Some apps don't run well with it. I have no problems with the journal app myself with Art

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Beadyeye

Hi, I'm contemplating between a N5 or LG G2. Nexus was reduced to £240 yesterday or so, but battery life a worry. Can you get a full day easily with Art? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭floyd.pepper

Beadyeye wrote: »
    Hi, I'm contemplating between a N5 or LG G2. Nexus was reduced to £240 yesterday or so, but battery life a worry. Can you get a full day easily with Art? Thanks

I easily get a day out of my N5. Some days I'm in WiFi and others I'm on LTE all day. A good 2hrs of screentime and still go to bed with 20%-30% to spare. Obviously the g2 is a beast for battery but I prefer the stock android and the look of the N5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Ionised wrote: »
    Aye. Seems to be the general consensus that they are not really needed.

I'm sure some will disagree.

Not every one is on JB ;) the poll makes no distinction.

Advertisement