Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homosexuality, and now the Holocaust....

• 19-08-2013 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭

Amusing and droll as the 'God hates fangs' billboard is in the opening credits as social commentary, I've never been all that comfortable with the parallels that the series has chosen to draw between the gay rights movement and vampirism, and now that the current story line has chosen to veer into Holocaust territory and I've become sort of supremely uncomfortable with this.
    Here's my issue, gay people don't kill and eat straight people it’s not innate to their nature, and the Jews never presented even the hint of a threat to Germany, most were hard working ordinary Germans that became the victim of a madman's racist Aryan ideology. The same can’t really be said of vampires. If the series human body count has proved anything, particularly last seasons mass slaughters and open declaration of war on humanity by the vampires , it’s that humankind is justifiably afraid of vamps.
    Consider this, not one vampire in the series that predates the invention of true blood does not have more blood on their hands then Ted Bundy and, well, pretty much every other serial killer on earth combined. Even those ‘born’ after true blood, like Jessica have in the last few episodes alone succumbed to bloodlust and murdered Andy’s fairy brood. Not very ‘live and let live’ of her was it?
    While most minorities are justifiable in the claims for tolerance and equality, when it comes to the vamps I have to ask myself this, does tolerance extend to mass murder?
    The result of the absolute insistance that, despite all the facts being to the contrary, that vampires are entitled to tollerence and equality seems absurd, and frankly, any gay or jewish (or gay jewish) person is entitled to be mightily offended by the parallels that the series insists on drawing, even for characters that have proven many times over that the world would be a better place without them in it.
    TBH, I’m with the Anti Vampire League from now on. They has got to go!

Comments

Advertisement