Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A more positive license application experience.

Options
  • 18-07-2014 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Recently I moved house and upgraded security as I just wanted to get things done correctly.

Sent in some change of address forms for current firearms and invited firearms officer to come and inspect the house and have a cuppa.

The new local station is not manned full time so it took a while to get the visit

Firearms officer was very happy with the security in place and told me that now he had visited and met me, send in applications by mail was enough.

The following week I submitted an application for a new rifle. Today, 8-10 days after submission, I got a letter. Thinking it was an acknowledgement of receipt, I opened it.

It was the grant letter, happy days.

Just goes to show that even with reduced resources and in a new location for me, it can be done in a timely manner.

Well done to AGS locally.

:)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Good to hear it's not all bad news or doom & gloom.

I think people would "live with it" if it were even. Not just among districts, but even in the same district. While my waits have been detailed in other threads the killing part is my mate, in the same district, always has his within 2 to 3 weeks. He has to apply to the same station, but always has his well before me. Then, on occasion, some of my applications are done within a few weeks, and not months. No consistency.

Anyway congrats and enjoy.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement