Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Review

• 12-08-2014 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just created my first web application and I was wondering if anyone can review it for me.
    I am more of a desktop programmer and I am worried about my web skills.

The link: http://www.sportcurve.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Plenty to do with the site, especially content-wise:

There's no SEO at all: poor titles, no meta description, poor on-page treatment, not enough content... also no og: tags.

The homepage doesn't describe the proposition well in short snappy conversation-like style. Answer the what is sportscurve question with much shorter and snappier copy, same for the who it is for. You can expand the descriptions later on their own pages once the attention has been grabbed and the attention span lengthens.
    Sportscurve is a training and performance tracking tool for players, coaches and managers.

The sportcurve_banner.png takes up too much space.

Any walkthroughs/demos and customer feedback.

There are no proper contact details. Important for trust and integrating with Google Places for Business and Google+.

You are duplicating a lot of content in modals on most pages which is a bad idea. Just give most of them their own pages for a number of reasons and put more content in some of the product pages like screenshots/walkthroughs etc. Also make pages for the 3 roles and explain how it works for them.

Use more Social Media, Twitter isn't enough.

Who are you, what are your credentials, why should I spend money on your product, why should I register - try to answer these questions.

hth/gl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Thank you very very much tricky D, I will work on those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I have updated the page. I am still working on SEO and site contents but what do you think about this new update?

Thanks In advance.

Advertisement