Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who's the king of the promo? You decide! vote here

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So Heyman's winning here, I look forward to him vs Dusty, Foley and co in a later round but for me the best manager in the business and the man I would ask to cut a promo before anyone else if I had to sell a PPV or a match (i.e Paulie) has to go through in this one

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Heyman not even a contest. The man is a god on the microphone. His promo last Monday was how a promo should be. During the promo he told us the following:

-who he was
    -who Brock was
    -who brock was fighting
    -the name and date of said event and where it was on.

He used his time correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

100% Paul. They best on the mic today, and by a huge margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Taz becomes just another victim of the advocate, Paul Heyman.

Round One, Match Ten

Vince McMahon:

Arguably the greatest heel of all time. Without Vince to hate, would we have loved Austin?

vs

Randy Savage:

One of the best ever. Heel or face Savage could turn the ridiculous into the sublime.

Have fun with this one :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I love the macho man but the genetic jackhammer vinnie mac wins this one for me. The greatest heel ever and the giver of some of the greatest heel promos ever.

• Advertisement

Yeah im going for Vince too, loved me some Macho Man and his promos were mad and hilarious but Vince could always get a reaction and when you think about it, it wasn't his top notch wrestling that sold so many angles (though he was actually decent especially selling), the man could cut a great promo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Vince for me too, Macho man god love him he rambled alot and for that reason alone i didn't really like his promos the whole hands moving , the voice it all seemed too busy thats why there's so many that try and copy him nowadays

Vince was just a cnut and you could see it in his promos too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Vince, a great heel promo that was hated by fans. Macho man was brilliant but a bit of a rave at the same time while Vince was straight to the point.
    Vince for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Macho Man. I can't really see him winning, but I don't want to see him crash out at this early stage without even a single vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Vince Mcmahon purely because he has the most memorable promos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Macho man for me for his wrestle mania 8 post match promo. Gold it was.

I think Vince was a cnunt but he benefitted from the screwjob.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Macho Man. Why? Well nothing in particular but everything in general. Lines like that and his raw energy made him amazing. I like the Vince character (if it is a character!) but Savage was just zany loud and energetic and I enjoyed him for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Macho Man was great for the time but in hindsight I find his style and intensity a bit grating.

VInce is easily one of the best personalities and 'characters' in wrestling and had the talking skills to back it up. Not even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Hate to see Randy go in round 1...but my vote has to be with Vince. Easily one of the very best of all time.

Vince takes it down, Macho Man had no chance in hell.

Round One, Match Eleven:

Raven:

vs

Stone Cold Steve Austin:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Really liked ravens promos but Austin was something else. Stone cold gets my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I think Raven was over rated and was more of a case of big promo fish in small promo pond. Stone Cold all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Raven gets my vote. I prefer his more sophisticated style.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I am actually also going to go for Raven here, I really enjoy his promos particularly the first one above. Stone Cold had some great promos but he was really as much an action guy for me. And also he is always slightly tainted in my memory as I started really getting into wrestling around the time he was that awful jerkass GM in 2003 or so, completely insufferable on the mic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Stonecold all day. Defined an era, him and Vince were gold for a long time. Austin will always be remembered as the greatest by a certain generation and rightly so IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Raven gets my vote. I prefer his more sophisticated style.

WHAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

SCSA for me, heel or face once he started talking you paid attention! The man is money!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Austin, his WCW and ECW stuff was good too long before he became a bunch of catchphrases.

His heel work I thought was great; "Look at ya..."

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

This is tough but Austin for me. Heel or face he just knew how to keep the crowd captivated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Austin here too.

Awesome promo, intense delivery. I like Raven too, but much prefer Austin's style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Austin for me.
    Believable talker, captures a crowd's attention and drew more money than anyone.

Austin takes it down.

Round One, Match Twelve:

Jake Roberts:

In an era of screaming, raving promos. Jake was quiet, sinister and brilliant.

vs

Kurt Angle:

Babyface or heel, Kurt was a master, it's true, it's damn true!

I thought Kurt was great, but Jake is just that level above for me. The guy really could have been something special because his mic skills truely were. No better man for a totally chilling heelish promo than Jake.

some awesome match ups in this one and even more great ones to come

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Has to be Jake for me - one of the greatest ever to use the stick, would absolutely sernd chills down your spinwe with every word. His intensity was palpable with every promo. Even his HOF speech was amazing!

Jake FTW!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Both amazing but I always found Kurt so so funny so I'm going with him.

Advertisement