Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I finally finished the Pocket Infinity Exotic bounty. Not sure how much use it is going to get but a fusion rifle that has an auto-fire mode sounds cool. Might be good in the Crucible.

In a word - beast.
    My Kill/Death ratio in the Crucible before I had Pocket Infinity fully spec'd up was always even figures, or there about. My first match using the full auto PI gave me a Kill/Death ratio of 3 to 1! There's a simple strategy with PI - once you get used to the charge time you tend to soak a bit of damage before unleashing hell. Once you gauge the best range/situations to use it you're always going to come out on top in a 1:1 that doesn't involve a more powerful closer range weapon (say - Invective or The Crash shotguns).

I was playing the Nightfall earlier with Quad and Gerard (not sure what boards tag you use Ger) and PI came in handy for one burst killing yellow bar knights or Fallen captains. It's not just a crucible weapon by any means. But, we had a balanced team this evening with me taking care of close range threats with Pocket Infinity, Ger using G'horn to take out large groups and Quad sniping with Icebreaker. If I was trying to solo a weekly or Nightfall (fat chance of that!) I think I'd take Icebreaker in the secondary slot instead of it.

But by all means, do level it up - pocket infinity to the face never gets old!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Surprised that the Omnigul Nightfall was a lot more do-able than I expected. Helped that I'd two strong players in the team (cheers again Quad/Gerard). A few balls ups (mine usually) and two attempts, but worth it.

We made a bags of taking her down before she called for minions to spawn and had to do it the hard way ... and it was tough, but there was a great feeling of achievement at the end of it.

Cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Bohrio wrote: »
    ok

so my head is about to explode.

Finished 5 Nightfalls, heroics, 3 crotas hard, and 3 VoG hard plus 6 dailys in 24 hours... I need a break

Nothing interesting apart from raid weapons and montecarlo.

CE weapons seem to drop very easily, I still remember the time where it could take weeks before a fatebringer would drop in VoG!

Lost interest in CE, but I will need to focus on my Xb1 now and attempt it with it, need to level up a few bits first so I can get my orb regen etc

Dunno how you do it, my interest peaked back up for HM but now that we've done that a few times its hard to see myself on the game til the next dlc. I have done 1 nightfall in about 3 weeks, they seem utterly pointless once you have the good Exotics, doesn't help that the strikes are just dull now. Wish they'd do something with PVP as it has great potential, PvE seems harder to improve without major dlcs which take time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

AdamD wrote: »
    Dunno how you do it, my interest peaked back up for HM but now that we've done that a few times its hard to see myself on the game til the next dlc. I have done 1 nightfall in about 3 weeks, they seem utterly pointless once you have the good Exotics, doesn't help that the strikes are just dull now. Wish they'd do something with PVP as it has great potential, PvE seems harder to improve without major dlcs which take time.

I know, the only reason why I still doing is because I live in the hope that gjallahorn will one day drop for me. But that's about it. Honestly i think I ran out of will.

Ran it VoG 3 times today, same guy got the gjallahorn 4 times... 2 from exotic 2 from Atheon lol

Deep inside I know I will only get it when xur sells it

Thats if for me on Ps though, back to Xb1 for the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Deep inside I know I will only get it when xur sells it

Hate to rain on your parade but Gjallarhorn has been removed from Xur's inventory.Looks like you'll have to depend on pure luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Hate to rain on your parade but Gjallarhorn has been removed from Xur's inventory.Looks like you'll have to depend on pure luck.

I doubt that to be honest. The same was said about IceBreaker. Any link to a Bungie post confirming this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Benzino wrote: »
    Why is the vex max attack only 323?

Don't worry it still works well in both PvP and PvE. If they buff it there will be a lot of angst.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Don't worry it still works well in both PvP and PvE. If they buff it there will be a lot of angst.

Now that I have it, they can buff away 😠They will have to buff it for the next DLC I'd imagine. Not levelling it up yet, Ghorn is more a priority for the raids. That CE scout rifle is lethal, headshot magnet.

Benzino wrote: »
    Now that I have it, they can buff away 😠They will have to buff it for the next DLC I'd imagine. Not levelling it up yet, Ghorn is more a priority for the raids. That CE scout rifle is lethal, headshot magnet.

I'm using all the CE weapons as my go to guns.
    Abbyss Defiant is like the Suros but with Solar. It's just freaking awesome. Dizzy witches.
    Scout Rifle - only have it 1/2 ranked up. Not sure if this is out of pity to the enemy.
    Light of the Abyss just doesn't respect arc shields at all. The range seems insane
    Black Hammer - boss killer
    Hunger of Crota - ok I don't have the Ghallehorn. This is a poor relation but it's effective. If not using this I'll swap in the Truth.
    Machine Gun - meh. Thrashed one for energies yesterday and thinking of doing the same with the other.
    Don't have the hand cannon or shottie.

Only have the abyss, light and hunger fully levelled up as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

lol

Yeah I heard that but still no confirmation from Bungie so it is still a rumor

link

My favourite part is

And now it seems that Bungie would look into making the Gjallarhorn more difficult to obtain by removing it from Xur's inventory thus making the Gjallarhorn to be obtainable via drops or lucky engram decryption only.

More difficult? it was only sold once and what would be the point, when I play raids it is more common to find someone who has the gjallahorn that someone who doesnt, its about 50-60 % in favor of gj.

• Advertisement

lol

Yeah I heard that but still no confirmation from Bungie so it is still a rumor

link

My favourite part is

And now it seems that Bungie would look into making the Gjallarhorn more difficult to obtain by removing it from Xur's inventory thus making the Gjallarhorn to be obtainable via drops or lucky engram decryption only.

More difficult? it was only sold once and what would be the point, when I play raids it is more common to find someone who has the gjallahorn that someone who doesnt, its about 50-60 % in favor of gj.

My favourite part: "An alleged Bungie employee took to 4Chan" :rolleyes:
    Even the headline: Destiny Xur Inventory Removes The Gjallarhorn But Adds The Vex Mythoclast And Hawkmoon; PS4 And Xbox One Item List For Xur To Be Separated? So, they're going to add a VoG HM drop item and an exclusive? Not likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Surprised that the Omnigul Nightfall was a lot more do-able than I expected. Helped that I'd two strong players in the team (cheers again Quad/Gerard). A few balls ups (mine usually) and two attempts, but worth it.

We made a bags of taking her down before she called for minions to spawn and had to do it the hard way ... and it was tough, but there was a great feeling of achievement at the end of it.

Cheers lads.

The most enjoyable hour I've put into Destiny so far, I think. Combo of reasonable challenge but capabilities to match.

A bit crazy that my first ever exotic weapons drop is the rubbish No Land Beyond. Thanks for being so gentle in letting me know it's a

That's mad red. Are you sure you don't have it on another character / in the vault? I often swap stuff into the vault mistakenly and when I log back on panic I've drunkenly junked it.
    I'm actually concerned 'cos if I get something I want and this happens therey'll be issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

quad_red wrote: »
    The most enjoyable hour I've put into Destiny so far, I think. Combo of reasonable challenge but capabilities to match.

A bit crazy that my first ever exotic weapons drop is the rubbish No Land Beyond - which then vanishes into thin air when I try and go to view it.

Gerard & Despot saw me get it after the nightfall. We went back into orbit and I could see it there. I then immediately logged out and turned off the X1.

But as of today - it's gone. Nada exotic bar Icebreaker. And no shards as if I'd dismantled it.

Now - I can be philosophical about it cos it was a **** weapon. But if that had been a piece of armour or a weapon I wanted, I'd probably still be screaming!

Have you checked with the postmaster? If your inventory is full it will be sent to "lost" items.

Have you checked with the postmaster? If your inventory is full it will be sent to "lost" items.

Yeah, that's probably it. I remembering picking up a few **** greens along the way which probabaly filled my inventory.

Sorry for making everyone paranoid! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Go to the postmaster to pick up your Exotic Shard*

*unless you fancy waiting til the buff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

So had a good bit of craic last night doing the VoG - thanks guys.

We struggled a small bit at the very end until everyone was sure what exactly was required once the teleport kicked in.

I love the VoG - it can be a little frustrating at times, when you're made pay for little mistakes, but all in all its great fun, and I especially love the section of drops and jumps.

Got a second "Hawkmoon" - I presume the best thing to do with that is dismantle it and use the shard to fully upgrade my icebreaker (which is ready to be upgraded).

We struggled a small bit at the very end until everyone was sure what exactly was required once the teleport kicked in.

I love the VoG - it can be a little frustrating at times, when you're made pay for little mistakes, but all in all its great fun, and I especially love the section of drops and jumps.

Got a second "Hawkmoon" - I presume the best thing to do with that is dismantle it and use the shard to fully upgrade my icebreaker (which is ready to be upgraded).

I hate(d) that part. I kinda cheese it now. Go right when you come in & jump down to the second ledge. From there any titan or warlock can make it over as can the Gunslinger with his triple jump. For the bladedancer I just activate his super from here and whoosh over.

I hate(d) that part. I kinda cheese it now. Go right when you come in & jump down to the second ledge. From there any titan or warlock can make it over as can the Gunslinger with his triple jump. For the bladedancer I just activate his super from here and whoosh over.

Ah but that takes all the fun out of it.

I just jump straight to the third platform and then make another BIGGGG jump to the other side, take up position and laugh at the rest of the team dropping short for about 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭McMafia77

Hey littlemac, VoG was indeed good craic last night.Thanks to everyone involved. That last part nearly took away my wil to live,
    worth it in the end though. I'll need some good samaritans now to drag me through CE!!!!

• Advertisement

I've never tried from that ledge. Must give it a go. Flying Hulk Smash? My kinda thing.

McMafia77 wrote: »
    Hey littlemac, VoG was indeed good craic last night.Thanks to everyone involved. That last part nearly took away my wil to live,
    worth it in the end though. I'll need some good samaritans now to drag me through CE!!!!

I found some of them on Tuesday night. Got shepherded through first 2 stages on HM and then all of NM - got some seriously savage gear.

All I need now is a proper set of gloves and I'll have all the raid gear capable of bringing me to lvl32.

It was only a couple weeks ago that the gloves I have were the first Legendary armor I got, and I thought they were the biz.... now I'm like, "f**king gloves, holding me back".

Got my first Crota kill last night. Wonda/N-O-Cal/Redzer and 2 sound dudes from LFG.

Lamps: When we gave up trying for the first chest, done in 1 run - Shards
    Bridge: Cheesed. One across, the rest of us sniped - Second set of gloves and Energy
    Thrallway: We missed the chest :(
    Ir Yut: Done in one - Boots
    Crota: Took a few attempts. Started with everyone going left and me right on Boomer duty. A few missed rotations. Changed to all going left, had more success. A couple of occasions we had him right down, only to be caught out by one thing or another. We eventually got him in 3 swords - Shader / Emblam / Light of the Abyss / Energy.

So just need the Helm for full raid gear, but I now have enough for 32 (Shards needed of course).
    Had some NAT issues towards the end, so couldn't communicate with Redzer or NoCal; I was just following the pack in the hope that I wasn't being told to go somewhere else.
    Ended up only being able to hear Wonda, which is an experience when you can hear both sides of the conversation :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I've never tried from that ledge. Must give it a go. Flying Hulk Smash? My kinda thing.

Definitely the thing to do as a Titan is to go into the cave on the left, run to to the end and use Fists of Havok with death from above and headstrong active to get across the gap to the entrance of the Vault.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Thank you kind sir... My first ever Raid... And I definitely needed hand holding going through it... Was great craic all the same... I need to work on my shield skills. I can take out Oracles though, so im not 100% useless. If I go through again I'll have to remember some ammo synths. They don't give you many drops.

Shame I didn't get much more than a shader and a few shards and energies, but surely it can only get better than that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Got my 2nd Gjhallahorn from a random legendary heavy weapon engram that dropped during the nightfall last night :cool:

Cormac... wrote: »
    Got my 2nd Gjhallahorn from a random legendary heavy weapon engram that dropped during the nightfall last night :cool:

Reported...

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Got my first Crota kill last night. Wonda/N-O-Cal/Redzer and 2 sound dudes from LFG.

Lamps: When we gave up trying for the first chest, done in 1 run - Shards
    Bridge: Cheesed. One across, the rest of us sniped - Second set of gloves and Energy
    Thrallway: We missed the chest :(
    Ir Yut: Done in one - Boots
    Crota: Took a few attempts. Started with everyone going left and me right on Boomer duty. A few missed rotations. Changed to all going left, had more success. A couple of occasions we had him right down, only to be caught out by one thing or another. We eventually got him in 3 swords - Shader / Emblam / Light of the Abyss / Energy.

So just need the Helm for full raid gear, but I now have enough for 32 (Shards needed of course).
    Had some NAT issues towards the end, so couldn't communicate with Redzer or NoCal; I was just following the pack in the hope that I wasn't being told to go somewhere else.
    Ended up only being able to hear Wonda, which is an experience when you can hear both sides of the conversation :P.

You should've heard his carol singing in VoG at xmas! :)

onlyTobes wrote: »
    You should've heard his carol singing in VoG at xmas! :)

I got a little taste of his vocal talents in the tower at the end. He gave a Tony Award winning rendition of the old Kia-Ora ad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Cheers for the lads who got me through my first VoG last night. 3 hours in, and at Atheon I had to log off in 5 minutes, was one of the 3 through the last portal and we did it... felt awesome.

Shards, shader and a bum towel for my titan... so no thanks to the RNG :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement