Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Temperature gauge shoots up when turning ignition and goes back down after a few secs

• 11-04-2014 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi
    I have a 2004 ford c max and sometimes, not always when I turn the ignition and start the engine the temperature gauge shoots up for a few seconds and then goes back down . I don't see any signs of overheating and the coolant is fine. Does any one have an idea what could be causing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭greasepalm

must be a common thing many fords do this all gauges to right then back down again maybe its a way of checking things?if you switch ignition on speed and rpm should do it also.

Advertisement