Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

https://twitter.com/Brandonspikes/status/375724061411639296

That might be of interest to those on who opted in. Hopefully thats for the EU beta as well as the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Anyone wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Brandonspikes/status/375724061411639296

That might be of interest to those on who opted in. Hopefully thats for the EU beta as well as the US.

Hopefully the Closed beta does not last over a year ala dota 2 xD

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Hopefully the Closed beta does not last over a year ala dota 2 xD

From what I have read, closed beta will be for a month. Then a month of open beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is online play cross platform anyone know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Is online play cross platform anyone know.

Isnt it PC only?

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Isnt it PC only?

PC and Ipad afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

what annoys me more is the keys been sold. There is people selling multiple keys on sites like ownedcore so it could be streamers selling off spare keys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Dropped €45 on this today in my pursuit to make the perfect Spell Power Mage deck. The urge was to much as you gain cards kind of slowly from just playing alone

Blizzard have another cash cow on their hands with this i feel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

what annoys me more is the keys been sold. There is people selling multiple keys on sites like ownedcore so it could be streamers selling off spare keys

You think that's bad? A guy on reddit created an entire sub-reddit with the purpose of raffling off keys donated by the community. He staged a fake lottery to get things rolling until someone actually donated a real key and then stole it for himself and deleted his account.

Details here: http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/1m32r3/this_community_has_stooped_to_a_new_low_uxenooo/

Real low-life stuff :mad:

EU opt in wave going on at the moment

Let us know if anyone gets one !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

EU opt in wave going on at the moment

Let us know if anyone gets one !

Nothing in my inbox.... Yet ;)

At least there's no trolly Blizzard email about the Diabolo 3 console launch this time round!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Dropped €45 on this today in my pursuit to make the perfect Spell Power Mage deck. The urge was to much as you gain cards kind of slowly from just playing alone

Blizzard have another cash cow on their hands with me i feel
    FTFY :P

Alas the wait for a key begins.

It feels like a game were watching someone play is better than actually playing.

I wouldn't know though :rolleyes:

<== official member of the blizzard no beta club

Another wave went out.

Anyone get lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Well if you are desperate.. and rich..

www.ebay.de search for hearthstone beta, prob selling for 200 euros at mo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Another wave went out.

Anyone get lucky?

Not here anyway. Has there been any indication of when the closed beta will end?

Another wave went out.

Anyone get lucky?
    No, but we've come to far to give up who we are,
    i will be up all night to get lucky.

Not here anyway. Has there been any indication of when the closed beta will end?

I read somewhere it will be 4 weeks of open beta(that was last week). So probably until the first week in Oct.

No key here either.

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Well if you are desperate.. and rich..

www.ebay.de search for hearthstone beta, prob selling for 200 euros at mo

Haha no.

Hate that ****. That's why I liked the previous wow betas were you didn't get a key, they just flagged your account

I've actually become addicted to watching twitch feeds of this game. Its really interesting to watch. Trump plays most evenings our time, good player and like the way he explains a lot of his plays.

• Advertisement

That twitter page is suspect, like 90% of them asking for more followers for giveaways.

Would not surprise me in the least if he faked the email, why just show the letter and not his inbox as well ( a proper screencap ) , its too neatly typed and don't blizz always have the " Blizzard staff will never ask for your passwords " spiel as well ?

That twitter page is suspect, like 90% of them asking for more followers for giveaways.

Would not surprise me in the least if he faked the email, why just show the letter and not his inbox as well ( a proper screencap ) , its too neatly typed and don't blizz always have the " Blizzard staff will never ask for your passwords " spiel as well ?

It's the promotions team and not CS.

So i take it only gaming 'celebrities' get the beta keys and not the regular Joe McSwag?

Trolled by Blizzard with an email about D3 auction house...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Taylor365 wrote: »
    So i take it only gaming 'celebrities' get the beta keys and not the regular Joe McSwag?

Been that way for some time, and it makes sense, they get real exposure. But at the same time wished they stopped calling them betas.

I've been in beta programmes for Blizzard since Warcraft III Frozen throne, and in pretty much all betas' including the Alpha for Wow, you'd think that would count to something

Nope, **** ****s like Towliee get beta keys..

TheDoc wrote: »
    Been that way for some time, and it makes sense, they get real exposure. But at the same time wished they stopped calling them betas.

I've been in beta programmes for Blizzard since Warcraft III Frozen throne, and in pretty much all betas' including the Alpha for Wow, you'd think that would count to something

Nope, **** ****s like Towliee get beta keys..

Yeah. They're not betas. They should be closed press pre-release or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Another NA and EU beta invite wave went out. Anyone get lucky ?

Been playing this now for a week and totally loving it.

Congrats.

Been thinking of how this is a nice way of introducing gambling to younger demographics.

• Advertisement

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Congrats.

Been thinking of how this is a nice way of introducing gambling to younger demographics.

Lost me there, how is this gambling?

Advertisement