Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

86-Year-Old Gamer

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

She has good taste.

Aye! Not a lot of young, so called "real gamers" can manage such games. Fair play to her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

It is predicted that by the end of this year, female gamers will outnumber men for the first time.

Eh, hold on, Women who play Farmville and all the Facebook crap don't really count, do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Big Knox wrote: »
    My old man is retired and plays on a daily basis. He has a 360 which he plays CoD on and he now gets all my old PC parts and has a half decent system which he plays CS:GO on! I've tried to get him to branch out but he just loves military FPS's!
    Get him ARMA2.
    PC GAMINGZ IZ DA BES!
    +1
    PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Eh, hold on, Women who play Farmville and all the Facebook crap don't really count, do they?
    It seems they're being counted, so some people with an agenda can claim another thing that women are "better" at than men.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,089 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Aye! Not a lot of young, so called "real gamers" can manage such games. Fair play to her!

Actually would be a very appropriate game for people who might not have the dexterity for faster, more demanding games. It can be played at one's leisure, and while the somewhat obtuse systems would potentially be restrictive, the maths and strategy heavy gameplay provide a better mental workout than the vast majority of games offer. Certainly considerably more rewarding and involved than anything daytime TV has to offer, Coundown arguably aside!

Basically: more people need to play more Disgaea ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Actually would be a very appropriate game for people who might not have the dexterity for faster, more demanding games. It can be played at one's leisure, and while the somewhat obtuse systems would potentially be restrictive, the maths and strategy heavy gameplay provide a better mental workout than the vast majority of games offer. Certainly considerably more rewarding and involved than anything daytime TV has to offer, Coundown arguably aside!

Basically: more people need to play more Disgaea ;)

Amen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

the_syco wrote: »
    Get him ARMA2.

Ahh it wouldn't be his thing, too much going on for his liking ha. He just likes to run around like a headless chicken shooting at anyone that pops up on screen. A bit like your typical 15 year old CoD player actually!! :pac:

He wasn't even a fan of battlefield because he "doesn't have time to learn how to fly or drive tanks" even though he plays about 3 hours a day!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

maximoose wrote: »
    Really?! I find that hard to believe

Yeah, that surprised me too. But as someone said, it probably counts Farmville and stuff like that so that probably skews the numbers a bit.

It's gaming but it's not really gaming, is it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Big Knox wrote: »
    Ahh it wouldn't be his thing, too much going on for his liking ha. He just likes to run around like a headless chicken shooting at anyone that pops up on screen. A bit like your typical 15 year old CoD player actually!! :pac:

He wasn't even a fan of battlefield because he "doesn't have time to learn how to fly or drive tanks" even though he plays about 3 hours a day!! :p

Ah fair play to him.
    My Da loved PGA golf,we used to stay up for hours playing it.
    He used to drive me mad taking ages working out the perfect shot only to stick the ball 2 inches from the hole lol.

Advertisement