Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

86-Year-Old Gamer

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

glynf wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21116544

One cool old lady...Hope I'm playing GTA XVII or whatever if I get to 86..

65 inch feckin screen......:eek: .....ould hag! :mad:
    Her pad is lush, looks like a top of the line Samsung, brand new PS3....she's minted and i'm jealous! :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

65 inch feckin screen......:eek: .....ould hag! :mad:
    Her pad is lush, looks like a top of the line Samsung, brand new PS3....she's minted and i'm jealous! :mad:

Cant be too minted if the hasnt got a good spec PC :)
    She doesnt know what shes missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Article wrote:
    It is predicted that by the end of this year, female gamers will outnumber men for the first time

Really?! I find that hard to believe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Dcully wrote: »

Never miss an opportunity, do you? :p

Never miss an opportunity, do you? :p

Never :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

One would imagine that grown men wouldn't be so insecure over whatever platform they've chosen to play something as trivial as video games on.

And yet, here we are.....

One would imagine that grown men wouldn't be so insecure over whatever platform they've chosen to play something as trivial as video games on.

And yet, here we are.....

You should go shopping for a sense of humour :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

maximoose wrote: »
    Really?! I find that hard to believe

Facebook :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

That's how OAPs drive round my way IRL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Fair play to her, that's how I plan on spending a large chunk of my retirement....

• Advertisement

You should go shopping for a sense of humour :rolleyes:

Oh - that was a joke.....

Weird, aren't jokes meant to be funny? I mean at least on some level?
    It would seem I've been very much misinformed on the nature of jokes.

How troubling.

Oh - that was a joke.....

Weird, aren't jokes meant to be funny? I mean at least on some level?
    It would seem I've been very much misinformed on the nature of jokes.

How troubling.

Seriously man wtf is up with you?
    I was just having a laugh, why you having such a hump over it?
    Maybe keep on topic and quit your crap? your spoiling a good story.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If i live to that age, i will be the exact same!

If i live to that age, i will be the exact same!

here! here!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Old folks homes in the future will just be LAN areas. Park up the old geezer in front of a console / PC and let them shout "You fùckin fàggot n00b!!" to their heart's content :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

If that's a glimpse of my future, I welcome it!
    Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭Wossack

only way Im going to get to play halflife 3 by the looks of things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Old folks homes in the future will just be LAN areas. Park up the old geezer in front of a console / PC and let them shout "You fùckin fàggot n00b!!" to their heart's content :pac:

lol. I can see it now; lobbed out hooked up to an oculus rift, colostomy bag and life support machine moaning about hackers and lag.

could be worse...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Jesus, I was expecting this pensioner to be playing a PSOne on a 20 inch CRT TV! What a setup she has!

Ok so its not a top of the line PC, sniff, but its not bad for an 86 year old woman! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I was recently playing MOH and got chatting to a guy and he was 84 playing on his laptop. Loved his FPS and sharp as a button, I know how condescending it is to be amazed that older people are able to do things !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

My old man is retired and plays on a daily basis. He has a 360 which he plays CoD on and he now gets all my old PC parts and has a half decent system which he plays CS:GO on! I've tried to get him to branch out but he just loves military FPS's!

He used to be a nightmare to buy presents for at Christmas. The usual old lad nonsense of "just get me a book and some socks" is a thing of the past as I got him Black Ops 2 and a new controller this year! Ironically he used to give me sh1t for playing games so much when I used to live at home and now he probably plays more than I do!! :pac:

Big Knox wrote: »
    My old man is retired and plays on a daily basis. He has a 360 which he plays CoD on and he now gets all my old PC parts and has a half decent system which he plays CS:GO on! I've tried to get him to branch out but he just loves military FPS's!

He used to be a nightmare to buy presents for at Christmas. The usual old lad nonsense of "just get me a book and some socks" is a thing of the past as I got him Black Ops 2 and a new controller this year! Ironically he used to give me sh1t for playing games so much when I used to live at home and now he probably plays more than I do!! :pac:

Great story :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

NOOB!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

did i see disgea 4 ther?!?! :confused::confused::confused:

Seriously man wtf is up with you?
    I was just having a laugh, why you having such a hump over it?
    Maybe keep on topic and quit your crap? your spoiling a good story.

Maybe you should try going a few weeks without making yet another post that amounts to nothing more than "PC GAMINGZ IZ DA BES!"
    You know, before you get all uppity with other people?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Maybe you should try going a few weeks without making yet another post that amounts to nothing more than "PC GAMINGZ IZ DA BES!"

GAMINGZ IZ DA BES!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

did i see disgea 4 ther?!?! :confused::confused::confused:

She has good taste.

Take a chill pill , dont take a gaming forum so seriously, if you have a problem theres a report button one click away for you.

Ive already said i was having a laugh [did you not see the smiley or maybe you dont get what it means?] but since you seem to lack a sense of humour and prefer to get stressed about it then so be it, its your call but your derailing this thread something terrible.

Ill gladly discuss whatever it is thats your beef with me via pm [to save this thread from whatever it is you got an issue with], which incidentally is also a simple click away.

PS : Can i have your quote of "PC GAMINGZ IZ DA BES!" for a sig maybe? its fecking class :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

oh, just ignore him
    he occasionally posts something useful but most of the time he just comes on here to be a crotchety bastard

Advertisement