Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Home Treadmills for 1000euros or under

Options
  • 29-03-2011 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All!! Really want to buy a treadmill for home running. I have already looked at other threads out there but didnt get anything that will help me make a good purchase!:confused:
    Would really appreciate peoples insight into the purchasing of a good one!!
    thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

6candles wrote: »
    Hi All!! Really want to buy a treadmill for home running. I have already looked at other threads out there but didnt get anything that will help me make a good purchase!:confused:
    Would really appreciate peoples insight into the purchasing of a good one!!
    thanks in advance!

We got one of the Pro-Form treadmills in Elverys in 2009 for €650 odd. Something like this. http://www.elverys.ie/Product/Proform-500-ZLT-Treadmill/209781/0000000020

I'm very happy with it so far, I gave it a right pounding over the winter training for a marathon, so was doing hills, interval training, long runs up to 15 miles, pretty much everything you would do outside. It's got a max speed of 18km/h which is about as fast as you'd need really. It has loads of pre-set programmes, incline, etc, etc. and you can plug the ipod or whatever into it if you want.

The track is wide and long on it, which for me is a must. On the slight negative side, it can get quite noisy above 15km/h, not just the motor but like a metallic bang with each footfall. Maybe my tiles are slightly uneven beneath it so it might be my own fault on this. Also, on very long sessions, the treadmill actually just stops to a complete hault at 100 minutes and you've to turn it off and start a new session to continue.

When you're buying a treadmill, you should get one with a max speed that is 30% or more greater than the majority of your training. For example, if you do most of your training at 14km/h, a 18km/h treadmill is preferred in order to not burn out the motor. If you're constantly doing 14km/h on a machine with a 16km/h max speed, you'll likely burn it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭dizzymom

my dh bought a nordic track treadmill from connection fitness website, think it was 700 euros incl delivery (to munster)
    I hate t/mills but I have to say this one is amazing, its really wide and has hill incline and speed to 20 kph.He had looked at lots of diff models in sports shops etc and cos he is not 'light on his feet' he felt they were too flimsy, they deliver within 5 working days.
    We had one problem with the noise but they sent someone to fix it, there was a bolt loose or something, it hasnt given us any bother. Another friend of mine has a nordic track for 4 years and she has never had any bother with it.

Advertisement