Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I found Money

• 27-02-2012 1:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

Before you all jump up on your Moral high ground, Yes I am going to keep it. 6x50 euro in a white envelope. Its either me or the guard I hand it to at the station, and dont be telling me any different. I hate types that tell me to hand it in and probably rob stuff in work or live at home and hand up a pittance every week for their keep. AND if you still live at home, have the guts to share how much you hand up each week...Washing ironing, hot water, evening meal, open all hours fridge etc !! internet etc.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so you stole 300 euro ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Somebody out there is very sick right now at not being able to pay a bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ThinkAboutIt

I found love in a hopeless place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

four18 wrote: »
    Before you all jump up on your Moral high ground, Yes I am going to keep it. 6x50 euro in a white envelope. Its either me or the guard I hand it to at the station, and dont be telling me any different. I hate types that tell me to hand it in and probably rob stuff in work or live at home and hand up a pittance every week for their keep. AND if you still live at home, have the guts to share how much you hand up each week...Washing ironing, hot water, evening meal, open all hours fridge etc !! internet etc.

if you lost €300 would you expect someone to hand it in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

Emm Yes ! Mr Perfect, Mammy heres 20 for the month

• Advertisement

• What a c*ntish thing to do, OP.

Jaysus, The high ground is very high today !

I would say the level of decency on After Hours is good to see!

(And yes, hand on heart, I would hand it in to a Garda station. Fear of Karma if nothing else - besides the right thing to do.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

I can see your point of view if you found it on the street.

If you found it in a pub, shop or somewhere like that where the person will be calling back to ask the staff if money was found, then I would certainly hand it in. I don't live at home either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

6 50's in a white envelope? Sounds like drug money. Well done OP, you may have just saved a life. Spend it wisely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

In the late 70's my dad left £17k punt in a telephone box after making a call.

He went back 4 hours later and it was still there. Lucky escapee !

I am keeping it, What would you suggest ? Garda station ? Not paying for a garda to go to coppers tonight. Would any of you pocket it ? be honest !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Did you just burst in here and create a thread arguing with yourself? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Your entire OP is written from there, so you would know in fairness.

Personally i'd have kept the cash under the age old case of Finders Vs Keepers.

I wouldn't have felt the need to write a post in AH about it though.

I assume from your rant you are out on your own for the first time, probably under 23 years of age and struggling, that 300 quid was quite the boon i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

I love the way the OP slates the moral high ground yet insinuates all gardai are corrupt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,271 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

unless it has some form of I.D. in it there is not much chance of it being identified so the law of finders keepers applies here
    If it was a wallet, that would be a different matter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

If i found 300 quid in an envelope, i'd keep it too OP.
    If it was in a wallet or something else where i could identify the owner, then i'd give it back, but a plain envelope.....that's just good luck for whoever finds it in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Corvo

Someone probably just got a loan from the Credit Union as they are struggling to pay bills.

Karma will catch up with you anyway OP. Maybe in the form of a bus! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

What are you going to spend it on OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

€300 could be a lot of money to some people, should make some effort to find its owner

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

I lost a white envelope and there were 6 €50 notes in it. I lost it on Henry Street, on my way back from the Credit Union after falling on hard times.

I still live at home (with my wife and daughter). I hand up all my money, and take a n active role in washing, ironing, heating water, cooking evening meals, opening fridge at all hours.

Can I have the the envelope with the money back please....keep 50 for yourself.

On the street, Henry St

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Thats pretty digusting behaviour OP. Shame on you. Thats some poor feckers rent money you'll be spending on sweets or lemonade or whatever. Racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I am keeping it, What would you suggest ? Garda station ? Not paying for a garda to go to coppers tonight. Would any of you pocket it ? be honest !

No, I'd hand it in. I wouldnt feel right hanging on to it.

Someone probably just got a loan from the Credit Union as they are struggling to pay bills.

Yep, that the usual method they hand over large amounts by.
    Stick it in an envelope and pass it across to the customer, if only for security reasons alone in case anyone is watching.

Someone has saved up €300 euro and now lost it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭gamgsam

Smell of guilt off you man. Do as you will, you've already done it actually. But I'll humour your question; no I wouldn't pocket it. I am a decent person.

There is no need for me to explain why, you already know. You then insult every Garda in the country to excuse your shameful act.

Shame on you. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

bbam wrote: »
    In the late 70's my dad left 17 pounds of cocaine in a telephone box after making a call.

He went back 4 hours later and it was still there. Lucky escapee !

I cant believe none of you would keep it ? No one ? Very very hard to believe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I cant believe none of you would keep it ? No one ?

I can't believe you are not reading your own thread correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

i found money like this once , and put up notices in shops near where it was found .
    not saying how much was in it

3 weeks later a young woman called , and knew exaclty how much was in it to the penny. it was her wages from shop she worked in .

i was smashed and really needed the money badly .

but she got it back , and i felt good .

if you keep it without tryin - karma will get ya , 100% certain.

Advertisement