Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New 'Ring 2' Trailer... very good!!

• 08-01-2005 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

Watch Here!

Looks great, in my opinion!

Roll on, April 1st!

ring2-teaserposter-small_1102715473.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

i loved the 1st but i must say the trailer for the next looks very dodgy. Looks to me like a film that shouldnt have a sequel...expecially since ive already seen the japanese sequel and it was poor

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

fade2black wrote:
    i loved the 1st but i must say the trailer for the next looks very dodgy. Looks to me like a film that shouldnt have a sequel...expecially since ive already seen the japanese sequel and it was poor
    Very few films deserve a sequel... 'The Ring' most definately not one of them!

But with Hideo Nakata behind the helm, i say let's see what he can do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Ive only seen Ringu (the japanese origional), but doesnt it just sound like their milking it at this point? which usually means its gonna suck :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

and what is the japanese obsession with dark haired freaky chics???? ala the grudge and the eye etc

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Funny, I saw a load of the updated trailers in the cinema today - Seed of Chucky, Ocean's 12, and Batman Begins - and was wondering when they'd get around to doing it for the Ring 2. And then I saw this thread (and immediately guessed correctly who started it!) and it looks good but I'm still wary of trailers so we'll see...

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote:
    ..And then I saw this thread (and immediately guessed correctly who started it!)..
    How well you know me, ixoy?! :D

Whatcha go see in the cinema then? Any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I enjoyed the original, but tbh it's gone beyond milking it now.

It started off as a TV Movie, but made for TV productions are rarely good, so nobody could hold it against them to make a proper attempt, so we get Ring. Then the milking began... they had the sequel The Spiral, but that bombed, so they got Nakada back in to direct another sequel, Ring 2, then they did Ring O: birthday, and not to mention a TV Series. Then there's the American remake and the Korean remake!

It was milked beyond all seriouslness a long time ago.

It started off as a TV Movie, but made for TV productions are rarely good, so nobody could hold it against them to make a proper attempt, so we get Ring. Then the milking began... they had the sequel The Spiral, but that bombed, so they got Nakada back in to direct another sequel, Ring 2, then they did Ring O: birthday, and not to mention a TV Series. Then there's the American remake and the Korean remake!
    Ha Ha! Didn't even know about half of them... a TV series!? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

basquille wrote:
    Ha Ha! Didn't even know about half of them... a TV series!? :D

Yeah, a lot of people wouldn't have heard of them, but it does go to show just how much of a franchise Ring has become... It's like starbucks, one on every street corner! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

You forgot the Sega Dreamcast game! Cant remember the name of it, but was meant to suck les cock sportif.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I never knew they had a Korean remake! O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It looks like crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ive seen the Western Ring movie and eastern ring 2. ring 2 was shat. the first scared me good though. that girl freaks the crap outa me.

Advertisement