Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

builder or handyman

Options
  • 24-07-2014 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know a builder or handy man in the Dublin 15 area that could fix a interior wall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭dodzy

Does anyone know a builder or handy man in the Dublin 15 area that could fix a interior wall
    Whats up with it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

Holes in the wall and stuffed may need to be replastered

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Are you talking about a stud wall/dry lined wall that someone knocked a few holes in?

Polly filler and a bit of sanding, lick of paint, if that's too much for you to do can put you in contact with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jebus Diced

OP, Did you get sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Goosebumps

I've been lurking in these forums for several years but this is my first post. For some insane reason I cannot create a thread of my own. The only way to get help/advise from other posters is to hijack someone else's thread (I prefer to say share). Nonetheless unforgivable, until Freddie say's he does not mind?

I have a deep crack in one of the rooms as a result of a gradual subsidence over the years which only became noticeable last year. Insurance company agreed only to underpin the foundation but would not repair the crack. The vertical external cracking is reflected internally in the same area of the wall. I posted a "request" on Tradesmen.ie and got 2 replies. One from a carpenter and another from a plasterer.Can someone in the building trade please advise if a plasterer is suitably skilled to carry out this repair and how it should be done so I know what to expect? The crack at its widest is about 1 and 3/4 inches and runs from the top left corner of the room and finishes in the bottom right hand corner below the window (in between). I do a lot of DIY and read a lot on the subject and can guage to some extent how things are done but I am no expert. Will expanding metal placed where needed or deep filling and skim coat finish over mesh suffice?? The crack is approx 5 ft long. The house is a single storey 'laborer's cottage' built in the l940s. Any suggestions, advice etc. would be very welcome. Thanks to all for your contributions - Goosebumps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement