Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

shifts and travel to Paypal from Littlepace

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭memomtoo

Sure recruiter will confirm cs role but is it possible to deviate when I can ask bs role?? What if they now they don't have one available? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭babaracus

rolion wrote: »
    Oahhh...sorry to offend you guys.
    Didn't know I have managed to get so many replies and thanks :)

My point of view: cycling to office (I guess is an office environment and not a warehouse) in a good sunny weather is ok and can get you sweat, no matter how fit you are.
    When is raining, is going to be worse as you have to change the clothes and possible have a shower. What if the showers are dirty.. or faulty few days ?

Now...how many of you cycling, having a spare set of clothes, no matter of the weather and...how many minutes you have to leave home in advance to get there to have a shower !? Also, one day you're late due to other factors...can you afford to don't have a shower !?
    What if that day you have to meet the manager or client (s) !?

Yes, of course, you cycle, is green, no complication of car traffic... no matter the smell, the inconvenience of having the carry the body smell / sweat all day ? Maybe not you, but your colleagues will...

That is my opinion and I don't care how green or inconvenient is for other users driving to work...I want my white shirt to be white, my nice smell of aftershave and ready to chat with the guys and not rushing / waiting /be delayed at some stupid showers...

While I respect your decision, i guess you may have to think about the staff / colleagues / management when you start a position and you may have unknown issues with the presence, clothing, smell, presentation, at least for few months until you find your way around the entrance to showers with your eyes closed !

Have fun.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Jabba The Hut would not need a shower after cycling 6km. You seem to never have been on a bicycle in your life. Do you have a shower everytime you walk to the shops?

It is a perfectly fine cycle so stop this madness.

Sure recruiter will confirm cs role but is it possible to deviate when do yu think I can ask bs role?? What if they now say they don't have one available? ?

Cycling sounds ok....feeling much safe when I hear back that so many people are going through this as well but *******************************
    But

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

babaracus wrote: »
    Absolutely ridiculous.

Jabba The Hut would not need a shower after cycling 6km. You seem to never have been on a bicycle in your life. Do you have a shower everytime you walk to the shops?

It is a perfectly fine cycle so stop this madness.

Thanks.
    Let's move on please, it doesn't help the OP at all !
    Apologise OP.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 9,913 ✭✭✭dodzy

This is getting silly. OP, you've got a job that many would kill for. The cycle, in the scheme of things, is miniscule and will pose no problem to you if all your limbs function. Coming into the good months too. You're laughin' :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

I've been cycling to work for nearly 6 years now. My longest commute was a round trip of 35km. My workplace had shower facilities but to be honest, I had built my fitness level up from cycling in every day that I didn't need a shower...a quick wipe down with some water and tissue and a spray of deodorant and I was feeling fresh. I left my shoes in work so carried in shirt and trousers each day (wrapped in a plastic bag so they didn't crease)
    My new job is a lot closer to home so most days I just wear my work clothes while cycling.
    And yes, you would be surprised how seldom in rains.
    Get some good tyres too. I used to get punctures a lot however I picked up a set of Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres about 4 yrs ago and haven't had one single puncture since :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,795 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

This whole thread is a bit silly. Can you access Paypal on a bike? Yes, easily.

Can new staff go in to an organisation and start dictating shifts for their quality job to suit their social patterns? Who cares. Its a private matter and a first world problem.

I had my interview with paypal. ..no time to prepare. ..was really in hurry when giving the interview. ..everything sounded like it wentvon great but when I asked for feedback they said I should have been more specific:( I was devastated with this...its so much heartbreaking because I live so close and I was desperate about this job...im looking to change company am working as am going mad with shifts.....after all said and done do yu think it will look too unprofessional if I wanna ask for another chance? Will I sound greedy??....
    Guys ive been offered by Google but far away....2hrs travel...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Google in the Grand Canal dock area ? Ah, you mean 2 hours a day as opposed to 2hrs one way ?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Google in the Grand Canal dock area ? Ah, you mean 2 hours a day as opposed to 2hrs one way ?

Eastpoint business park...including walking....with 2xfers took 2hrs....weeks back denied offer.....paypal....missing it...can someone get back on this please if known of this process

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,795 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Sorry O.P., your posts are just a stream of conciousness, I hope you don't interview the way you write a paragraph.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

memomtoo wrote: »
    Eastpoint business park...including walking....with 2xfers took 2hrs....
    I used to cycle from Coolmine train station area to East Point. About 40 mins then had a shower.
    Alternate routes: train to Drumcondra + 25 min walk or train to Docklands and 15min walk (though there is a free bus from there these days).

Nowhere near 2 hours.

Lads! Just wondering if PayPal has mentioned as Dayshift in jobs description means what type of timings and days involved in it??? If anyone already working there if supporting UK and Irish market? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Lads! Just wondering if PayPal has mentioned as Dayshift in jobs description means what type of timings and days involved in it??? If anyone already working there if supporting UK and Irish market? ?

If you've been offered Google, take it. Seriously.

Forget about PayPal, there is no comparison between the two companies. Get your train from Coolmine into GCD each day, only takes about 25min each way.

TheZohan wrote: »
    If you've been offered Google, take it. Seriously.

Forget about PayPal, there is no comparison between the two companies. Get your train from Coolmine into GCD each day, only takes about 25min each way.

Cant go GCD, it sounds easy, ive been called back again so trying to understand when they said Dayshift, what type of shifts are they like

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Cant go GCD, it sounds easy, ive been called back again so trying to understand when they said Dayshift, what type of shifts are they like

Why can't you go to GCD? Where were you called back again? Why the hell would you want to work for PayPal when you've been offered Google?!

TheZohan wrote: »
    Why can't you go to GCD? Where were you called back again? Why the hell would you want to work for PayPal when you've been offered Google?!

Makes sense:) Google is perfect I know but its contract and tough to commute have my family life so hard, I have to look at conveniences as well
    paypal called me back

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OK, this thread has gone way beyond your original query OP, I think it's time to close it now. Best of luck in whatever job you take.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement