Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Betting Thread 2015/2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

Drinks on you ;)

Ha if they had double odds in yet I'd be sorted lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

skippymac6 wrote: »
    The more I look at it the more I like Big Ben to have a 300 yard game tonight. I think without Pouncey and Bell, that their running game is going to struggle to get off the ground. I think Big Ben is going to have to connect with Brown, Wheaton, Miller etc early and often to keep it close. Also, the Patriots front 7 is very strong while their secondary is anything but with the loss of Browner and esp Revis. Ben will be without Bryant and also Bell who is a big target for him out of the backfield too, but think he can certainly spread it around enough to get to 300.

I suppose if he is going to get anywhere near 300 yards then Brown is going to have to have a big game. He will more than draw the attention of the SB hero Malcom Butler and while Butler is a a good young player, he might find it tough against a genuine top 3 receiver in the league. Brown's yards are set at 95.5 so if the weather is decent, I'll take both of these bets later.

Both prop bets come in with Brown looking very potent. I'd say he's numbers might be set at 100.5 going forward. I think the Steelers will be right up there come the end of the season but that defence looked porous. If the opposing QB has any sort of time, they won't have a problem in tearing them apart

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 NFLBettingTips

Alternative Handicap

Green Bay -4.5
    Miami -2.5
    Dallas -4.5
    Baltimore +7.5

I certainly agre with you on the Chiefs bet. I think that they may go off favourite by kick off. Their defence is loaded and with Eric Berry back too now, they will be fired up for that game. It's hard not to root for the Texans after hard knocks but without Arian Foster I don't think they'll be able to do much on offense. They'll need to get used to not having him there so the first few weeks could be a struggle. Chiefs to win and under 40 points if you wanted to chance a double.

I really like the Dolphins -4 too. Missed the -3 last week but I still fully expect them to dominate. The Redskins offensive line is poor at best and I think Suh and Wake will be giving Cousins fits all day. On the flip side, even though the Redskins have some good pass rushers themselves, I think that Tannehill is finally showing some improvement and he has some very decent skill players around him now with Miller, Stills, Parker, Landry and Cameron. I expect the Fins to win with something to spare.

Bengals -3.5 at the Raiders seems a good shout too. The Bengals are absolutely loaded on offence. Can you imagine Luck, Rodgers etc on that team? Hill and Bernard at running back. A healthy (hopefully) AJ Green & Marvin Jones, Sanu and Tyler Eiffert! If Dalton can be anyway effective they should average close to 30 points per game. There is a lot of optimism in Oakland this year with Mack, Carr, Amari Cooper etc all looking promising but the Bengals have reached the playoffs four straight years, I expect them to take care of business here.

While I don't like close to TD sized spreads for an away side. I do think GB will be too good for the Bears. I genuinely believe that the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL and if Cutler doesn't perform, that they could be one of teams contending for the number 1 overall pick. That might seem extreme but their defence was shocking last year, they've lost their best receiver and the QB just can't play consistently at all. I expect Rodgers to pick their secondary apart and put up 30 points and win by 10 so GB -5.5 for me in the live Sky game.

The last bet I really like but is not priced up yet is Andrew Luck over 'x' amount of pass attempts. That Bills defence is ferocious and the Colts, even though they've added Frank Gore, are not a good running team. I think they will struggle to establish the run and might find themselves behind early on. I think they will lean on Luck's arm and while he might not put up gaudy numbers, I expect him to attempt a lot of passes. Luck averaged 38.5 pass attempts last year but I think he might hit 40 this weekend. Obviously the fly in the ointment is if Buffallo can run McCoy all over the Colts D and keep luck off the field for long periods. But even if this were to happen, I think that would only encourage the Colts to abandon the running game and let Luck do the majority of the work.

Chiefs win, Dolphins -4, GB -5.5 and Luck attempts 49 passes. Just need Dalton not to mess up for the sweep

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Will splurge 100 or maybe 150 on the Titans/Buccs game, i stick with the over under and at the moment its over/under 41.5

150 returns 290 on both over and under, i may wait and see what the offense is like week one, stay tuned..

should have made the over bet :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That_Guy wrote: »
    Gone for the following 4 team accumulator. No big stakes given that it's only week 1. More for interest than anything.

Patriots (-7)
    Chiefs (+1)
    Dolphins (-3.5)
    Bengals (-3.5)

Quick question for those in the know. This bet looks like it's going to come through.... However, beside the Pats/Steelers game it says push. Does this mean that if the rest of the three come through, I'll only get my original stake back or will I get returns on just the other three teams?

Or nothing at all. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That_Guy wrote: »
    Quick question for those in the know. This bet looks like it's going to come through.... However, beside the Pats/Steelers game it says push. Does this mean that if the rest of the three come through, I'll only get my original stake back or will I get returns on just the other three teams?

Or nothing at all. :pac:

Turns into a treble mate.

Paully D wrote: »
    Turns into a treble mate.

I'll be moderately rich!!! Providing the Raiders don't mount some sort of mad comeback.

Week 2 is a hard betting angle to approach as teams in week 1 could have looked better or worse than what they actually are and the form lines still need some sorting out. With that in mind I like a few teams this week that lost, and a couple that won! I like the Giants -2 against the Falcons for a start. The Giants did have some opportune TDs against the Cowboys but they played a solid game and were in position to win it before the messing at the end and the lond TD drive from the Cowboys. Odell Beckham was nearly non existent and I think the offence will improve a lot this week. The Falcons were always going to get a performance on Monday against the NFL's most hyped team, at home, on Primetime and with a new coach at the helm. I think they will have a bit of comedown this week and I believe the G men will get it done.

I also like the Bengals -3 at home to the Chargers. Cincy don't get talked about a lot with Dalton at QB but they have a top 5 Offence up there and their Defence is par for league standards too I think. The Chargers played excellent in the second half last week but I think Cincy might have too much for them. They match up well with them in my mind and I'll be taking the -3.

I fancy Steelers -5. They should have been closer to the Pats last week but they were wasteful from the 30 yard line inwards. Much like the Falcons, the 49rs were being wrote off by the media and behind a raucous crowd on Monday they put a Vikings team that looked like they were believing all the off-season hype about them, firmly to the sword. The Steelers are still without Bell but I'm not sure they would get much out of that niners D on the ground anyway. I think Big Ben puts this game on his shoulders and tehy get out to an early lead and force Kap to throw the ball as opposed to handing off to Hyde and force some turnovers.

Packers -3 won't be everyone's cup of tea but I put a lot of stock into the morale/confidence/emotion etc of a team and no team will be targetting a game this week like the Packers. When the schedule was announced they would have circled this primetime slot after the NFC championship debacle and even though they did not look spectacular by any means last week, I think they can put it all together this week and make a statement. I would be more confident if Seattle had not have lost week 1 and if Kam Chancellor comes back this week, that will give them even more impetus, but I just feel that GB owes Seattle and they will take their chance at home on Sunday night.

Looking at tonight's game, I expect a defensive struggle but at o/u 41.5, that is very low. I am going to stake a small bet on Broncos +3.5. Manning has rightly been criticised in the media this week (and most of the summer) and this bet really depends on the Broncos being able to establish the run which they were not able to do against the Ravens. It will be a wild atmosphere in Arrowhead tonight and I am taking a stab on the Broncos D and running game to do enough to get the Broncos over the line or within a field goal.

Broncos ML for me tonight at 31/20 (Bet Victor).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

lads i dont really do any complicated bets

If the titans are -1, does that mean they have to win by 2 points or more for the bet to pay?

lads i dont really do any complicated bets

If the titans are -1, does that mean they have to win by 2 points or more for the bet to pay?

Yep and if they win by 1 you'll get your stake refunded.

Yep and if they win by 1 you'll get your stake refunded.

may try that rather than the over as im unsure what way its going to go points wise

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 NFLBettingTips

Kansas -2.5 10/11
    Kelce anytime TD 13/10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

gone with:
    Patriots - just think at pretty much even money, you cannot discount them.
    Giants - tough first week loss, looked like their game was there.
    Bengals - tough to beat at home
    Packers
    Colts

about 9/1....

I like the Bengals (-3.5) and Dolphins (-3.5). The Raiders won't be up to much I'd imagine and the Redskins are the definition of a shambles. I'll probably do that double for week 1. Don't want to go too mad as I find the first couple of weeks often quite unpredictable.
    Broncos ML for me tonight at 31/20 (Bet Victor).

Good start so far.

Looking at tonight's game, I expect a defensive struggle but at o/u 41.5, that is very low. I am going to stake a small bet on Broncos +3.5. Manning has rightly been criticised in the media this week (and most of the summer) and this bet really depends on the Broncos being able to establish the run which they were not able to do against the Ravens. It will be a wild atmosphere in Arrowhead tonight and I am taking a stab on the Broncos D and running game to do enough to get the Broncos over the line or within a field goal.

Very lucky with last night's bet. The Chiefs were by far the better team but I was delighted to see Manning have success on the last drive to tie the game. That Broncos defence is scary good and if Kubiak swallows his pride a bit and lets manning operate out of the shotgun, they are serious contenders this year.

another betting question..

On PP a Tri-Bet list the Titans @ -7.5, so basically they need win by 8 or more?

1/4 point scott chandler 2 or more tds at 22/1

Given rex ryan will triple cover gronk i think the value is in their other te scoring. Not interested in a big play here but a small bet for interests sake.

1 point cards -2

The bears are worse than last weeks performance v packers. Also palmer is an elite qb when healthy

2 points titans -1.5

This is an absolute gut shot gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Redskins +3.5, Houston +3 for me today, to add to the Titans to win at 6/5 I backed earlier in the week. GL all

• Advertisement

Ravens -4.5 at EVS (Paddy Power).

should have done the over like i planned :(

Ya.. so my gut sucks lol.. not too much lost though just the 1 point so up 2 on the season after week 2

Giants will be sick about that 4th quarter, they had that game well in hand.

A bit late putting this up but 2 for SNF

over 48.5 @ 10/11 3 points... Hey its prime time football

Rogers any time TD @ 5/2 1 point

Week 2 is a hard betting angle to approach as teams in week 1 could have looked better or worse than what they actually are and the form lines still need some sorting out. With that in mind I like a few teams this week that lost, and a couple that won! I like the Giants -2 against the Falcons for a start. The Giants did have some opportune TDs against the Cowboys but they played a solid game and were in position to win it before the messing at the end and the lond TD drive from the Cowboys. Odell Beckham was nearly non existent and I think the offence will improve a lot this week. The Falcons were always going to get a performance on Monday against the NFL's most hyped team, at home, on Primetime and with a new coach at the helm. I think they will have a bit of comedown this week and I believe the G men will get it done.

I also like the Bengals -3 at home to the Chargers. Cincy don't get talked about a lot with Dalton at QB but they have a top 5 Offence up there and their Defence is par for league standards too I think. The Chargers played excellent in the second half last week but I think Cincy might have too much for them. They match up well with them in my mind and I'll be taking the -3.

I fancy Steelers -5. They should have been closer to the Pats last week but they were wasteful from the 30 yard line inwards. Much like the Falcons, the 49rs were being wrote off by the media and behind a raucous crowd on Monday they put a Vikings team that looked like they were believing all the off-season hype about them, firmly to the sword. The Steelers are still without Bell but I'm not sure they would get much out of that niners D on the ground anyway. I think Big Ben puts this game on his shoulders and tehy get out to an early lead and force Kap to throw the ball as opposed to handing off to Hyde and force some turnovers.

Packers -3 won't be everyone's cup of tea but I put a lot of stock into the morale/confidence/emotion etc of a team and no team will be targetting a game this week like the Packers. When the schedule was announced they would have circled this primetime slot after the NFC championship debacle and even though they did not look spectacular by any means last week, I think they can put it all together this week and make a statement. I would be more confident if Seattle had not have lost week 1 and if Kam Chancellor comes back this week, that will give them even more impetus, but I just feel that GB owes Seattle and they will take their chance at home on Sunday night.

Just the Giants wrong. Few upsets with the jags, raiders and skins getting the job done. Few teams have to bounce back next week now

gufc21 wrote: »
    A bit late putting this up but 2 for SNF

over 48.5 @ 10/11 3 points... Hey its prime time football

Rogers any time TD @ 5/2 1 point

Down another 1/2 point.

+1.5 on the season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Colts to beat the spread tonight? Figure they're overdue to score some points after last week

Hoping to get back to winning ways after my Ravens bet lost last week to spoil an excellent start.

Giants -2.5 at 9/10 (Boyles) tonight. Good luck all.

• Advertisement

Hoping to get back to winning ways after my Ravens bet lost last week to spoil an excellent start.

Giants -2.5 at 9/10 (Boyles) tonight. Good luck all.

Going for that bet myself. I just can't believe that the Giants will continue to shoot themselves in the foot... I just can't!!

Advertisement