Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Canceling a direct debit

Options
  • 05-10-2015 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi

I purchased a television at the end of 2013 , with one year's warranty.
    On the details it said that standard guarantee expiry date was : 28/12/2014

I thought "grand when that expires they will stop the direct debit".

But looking at my statements i still see the amount coming out every month under "coverplan po" (thought it was one of my insurances , bad observation on my part".

Can I just cancel this in branch or what way can I do it ?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning Apocalypse, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

To help us to answer your query correctly, can I first ask if this debit is appearing on a Current account or a Credit Card account? Also, if this is on your Current account can you confirm if the narrative is Sepa DD or just 'coverplan po'. 

Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you again. 

Elaine 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Apocalypse wrote: »
    Hi

I purchased a television at the end of 2013 , with one year's warranty.
    On the details it said that standard guarantee expiry date was : 28/12/2014

I thought "grand when that expires they will stop the direct debit".

But looking at my statements i still see the amount coming out every month under "coverplan po" (thought it was one of my insurances , bad observation on my part".

Can I just cancel this in branch or what way can I do it ?

Many thanks
    Hi Apocalypse,

Thanks for getting in touch with us on Boards.

If you're registered for Banking 365 Online, you can cancel a SEPA direct debit by selecting 'Manage Accounts' and 'SEPA Direct Debit Services' and fill out the 'Cancel Your Mandate form'.

Alternatively, you can fill out the cancellation form here and post it to BOI SEPA Debtor Services, P.O. BOX 365, Dublin 18, Ireland.

We would also recommend contacting the company directly to advise that you are cancelling the direct debit and to ensure that they no longer present for payment on your account. 

Hope this helps and if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Apocalypse

Hi Elaine / Sharon

Thanks you for your reply's.

It is coming out of my current account.
    I am signed up to banking 365 , I can see the recent account transactions on it.

I have tried switching it to e-statements , but it says it will send a code to my phone , which I never get.
    I have checked in the settings and my number in activated on the account.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Apocalypse wrote: »
    Hi Elaine / Sharon

Thanks you for your reply's.

It is coming out of my current account.
    I am signed up to banking 365 , I can see the recent account transactions on it.

I have tried switching it to e-statements , but it says it will send a code to my phone , which I never get.
    I have checked in the settings and my number in activated on the account.

Thanks
    Hi Apocalypse,

Sorry to hear you haven't received your security code to your mobile.

In this instance, it would be best to contact BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 / 00353 1 4044000 and a representative can check your account and help retrieve the security code for you if necessary. 

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement