Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Brawl In The Family always has been a very clever strip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    tumblr_moeoadlNPl1rsc7fao1_1280.jpg

sonic must feel out place since rest are nintendo characters

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Some of the fake characters added to the game are hilarious:

So: Wii Fit:
    ku-xlarge.gif

Then the internet went to town:
    ku-xlarge.jpg
    ku-xlarge.png
    ku-xlarge.png
    ku-xlarge.jpg
    ku-xlarge.png
    ku-xlarge.png
    ku-xlarge.png
    ku-xlarge.png
    ku-xlarge.jpg
    ku-xlarge.png

Plenty more here

EDIT: And more. Hilarious

Some of the fake characters added to the game are hilarious:

So: Wii Fit:
    ku-xlarge.gif

Then the internet went to town:
    ku-xlarge.jpg
    ku-xlarge.png
    ku-xlarge.png
    ku-xlarge.jpg
    ku-xlarge.png
    ku-xlarge.png
    ku-xlarge.png
    ku-xlarge.png
    ku-xlarge.jpg
    ku-xlarge.png

Plenty more here

EDIT: And more. Hilarious
    hank hill never because he a cartoon character not videogame character

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

^^^

Favourite poster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I have no words. I can't wait. It's going to be the best ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Tweej

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    ^^^

Favourite poster

I'm glad he clarified that for me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

But Kamina from Gurren Laggun is still a strong runner right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Kold wrote: »
    But Kamina from Gurren Laggun is still a strong runner right?

He was too busy kicking reason to the kerb to notice that one. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

So anyway, I've been enjoying the stream of daily new images on smashbros.com that have been revealing soooo much about the game.

And by that I mean they're amazingly boring. Woo closeups of Samus.

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »
    So anyway, I've been enjoying the stream of daily new images on smashbros.com that have been revealing soooo much about the game.

i love zero samus suit keep reminding me she a woman under that suit because lot of friends thinks is it man under her suit, plus makes her even sexier

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

He was too busy kicking reason to the kerb to notice that one. :rolleyes:
    Kamina would be
    deadly.

An old friend of mine used to always call her "Seamus". :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Sairus wrote: »

You'd think they could add character bios or move breakdowns if they're not announcing anything new. It's still ages away from release, but they could give us that much at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

You'd think they could add character bios or move breakdowns if they're not announcing anything new. It's still ages away from release, but they could give us that much at least.

I want more backhanded trophy descriptions in the style of Marth's 1st one from Melee:

The betrayed prince of the Kingdom of Altea, the blood of the hero Anri flows in Marth's veins. He was forced into exile when the kingdom of Dolua invaded Altea. Then, wielding his divine sword Falchion, he led a revolt and defeated the dark dragon Medeus. Afterwards, Altea was annihilated by King Hardin of Akanea.

That last line always slayed me. A similar example using Luigi would be:

The younger but taller brother of Mario. Luigi has a very certain set of skills that separate him from his sibling, such as jumping higher, floating longer and professional ghostbusting. This comes at the expense of decreased traction on surfaces and loss of control. When paired with his brother in the Mario and Luigi RPG adventures, there is almost nothing he can't accomplish. He will die alone.

i love they would see add Bayonetta and Vanessa Z. Schneider from P.N.03 gamecube game

^ I have no idea what this post says, but I'm willing to bet it's something we all already know.

An old friend of mine used to always call her "Seamus". :pac:

seamus arán is obviously irish, which is why me and my friends called him by his real name: james bread.

james is one of the better nintendo protagonists in my opinion. i like him best for his role as mr metroid of the metroid games. there he fights mother bran on behalf of the galactic space breaderation. there are also flying slugs that suck out your life but forget their name.

i think when they finally show what james looks like under his mask, that he should look a lot like hank hill because he's a pretty old guy at this point lol. also hank hill comes from texas, and james was raised by the chorizo, which is the favourite brand of sausage of mexico, which is in texas.

i don't know why there was a girl in brawl with yellow hair who was not mr metroid. zero suit? so if you take away mr metroid and his suit, you have zero suits left and then it's just a girl with yellow hair. wtf?

stop being stupid nintendo and show us james face in this game!

idiots!

I believe I'll field this one;

Samus is a girl. The slugs are called bloopers.

naturally she a girl but unfamiliar with the metroid games like most of my friends are they think its man under that suit when told them its was woman under they were shock beyond belief :D then I said to them play metroid one game on the nes or metroid zero mission on gba finish it and the end of either game she removes her suit and get see her in bikini outfit with a ray gun :D

or in Super smash bros brawl

Zero Suit Samus

There are two methods to acquiring Zero Suit Samus. The first and easiest method is to hold down the R button (on the GameCube or Classic controllers) or the minus button (on the Wiimote) from the stage select screen. Hold down R, select Samus, select your stage, and then release the R button. You should start the battle not as "armored" Samus, but Zero Suit Samus.

• Advertisement

Mother of God... They're multiplying...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Polygon had a wee interview with Sakurai about character selection. Just the usual "It's hard" stuff for the most part.

http://www.destructoid.com/smash-bros-director-talks-stress-of-character-selection-256531.phtml

He also went on to say this:
    During the development of Sakurai's last Smash Bros. game, 2008's Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii, this is the type of insight we'd hear from the designer through the Super Smash Bros. Dojo website. Sakurai said we should expect to hear less from him during the development of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. The developer promises "daily visual updates" from his desk will be posted to Miiverse and on the game's official website.

"I'm not going to talk as much," he said.

Guess we're stuck with ever so exciting Mario being painted liked one of Sakurai's French girls.

daily.jpg

Admittedly today's picture is kind of funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prenelf

Since melee is being played at evo this year, I wonder if any of the high level players have any thoughts on what they'd like to see in the new game. If they'd even be interested in it.

prenelf wrote: »
    Since melee is being played at evo this year, I wonder if any of the high level players have any thoughts on what they'd like to see in the new game. If they'd even be interested in it.

If Brawl+, Project M etc are any indication, the Melee players want the Melee fighting engine/mechanics again, but with the cool character roster and stages of brawl included.

I'm far from high level, but that's what I'd be happy with.

Did I say "happy"? I meant ecstatic!

Keep Wario buff Peach.

Pikmin & Olimar has been added to the website proper today:
    http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/characters/pikmin.html

Another character with only Wii U screens. Still no idea if that's significant.

is Gannondorf coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

He better be.

is Wolf O'Donnell coming back

• Advertisement

The answers to your next 12 posts are as follows:

Yes.
    Yes.
    No.