Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HELP- Healthy and Tasty

• 05-01-2013 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Prodigy38

Hi
    I have recently started eating healthy. I have kicked out all the sweets and sugar, switched to wholemal bread etc. I was wondering if anyone knows some tasty meals that are healthy. I like everything, my problem is when i make salads. What can i do to stop it being dry, sauces? I used to love potatoes and butter and salt. What can i do with potatoes now to not have them dry. Any meals will be a help :D

Comments

Put butter & salt on them, as before. Just don't over-do it!

If you usually had 3 potatoes with butter and salt before, changing to 2 potatoes with butter and salt instead of 3 potatoes dry will certainly be more satisfying and (so long as you're not swimming in butter) less calories!

also, for sauces and dressings etc.

Get used to making things out of ingredients.

A full spice cupboard to experiment with as well as some good quality oils and vinegars, mixed with some lime and lemon juice should give you thousands of options.

I think the best way to get into it is just to get inventive, you'll mess up things up in experimenting, for certain. But you'll develop an appreciation of what flavours work together and how to spice foods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Prodigy38

Thanks a mill, big help.. Ill try it out :)

Advertisement