Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

By election thoughts

• 04-10-2014 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Weird that this forum doesn't discuss this.

I don't trust or relate to any of the candidates but will vote for the one closest geographically to athlone. I think that's the ff guy but am open to correction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Do you not know the name of the candidate you don't trust or relate to?

I didn't see the prime time 'debate', but was happy to hear that Fitzmaurice acquitted himself well.
    He's getting my no. 1 vote.
    I'll give McDermott my no. 2, to show my support for the hospital cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭veryangryman

The FG girl is on about stuff like the ballaghadreen bypass as something for this constituency when it's clearly only of use to those en route to Mayo (i.e Enda Kenny + parish pump policy). Nothing that she can take credit for. Also going on about some new Frank Feighan building at Roscommon when they want the A&E back and nothing less.

Ivan Connaughton (who ill probably vote for) spent a large part of debate with Miriam just slagging off FG for the sake of it. Snore. He reminds me of both Mcfaddens, a backbencher to make up the numbers who won't ever make waves in the Dáil. Best of a bad bunch (he's near to Athlone so appeals to my mé féin ism)

SF guy Kenny talks about reversing water tax. Not realistic. A close second, probably getting my #2

Fitzmaurice - Seems like a 1-issue guy. Appreciate Mings supporting him (and I would vote Ming in again if he was running) but he just doesn't seem like a guy who will fight to lower taxes (stuff that I the middle earner wants). Also I heard he's possibly a farmer. Would rather more urban representation.

Labour candidate, just no.

The others, i know little of them. Unless they make a huge impression on me this week, i'm going FF #1, SF #2.

A very poor lineup for this constituency IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

What issue is Ivan trumpeting?

I wouldn't vote for him if he was the only candidate on the ballot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I'll probably vote for John McDermott but I nearly feel like its a waste as the hospital is a dead duck but he's the best if a bad lot.

The FG girl seems very young and more concerned with Ballaghaderreen and those areas over there.

Ivan is FF- enough said.

Fitzmaurice looks like a bit of a dodge but in fairness I don't know a lot about him.

John Kelly- ahh no.

The rest aren't even on my radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

The best man won!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Addle wrote: »
    The best man won!

agreed.
    I read all their manifestos on Thursday evening. His was the only one with actual suggestions of things that could help Roscommon people and the only person with an actual record of creating employment and serving on voluntary organisations

Advertisement