Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where are all the Catholics???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

The guy wrote: »
    I'm a catholic, I don't really post in any forums.
    OK, thanks, I think. Do you have any further comment to make?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Jakkass, thanks again for your replys.

There are some things which we will never agree on and I would like to stop going around in circles soon if possible, especially on irrelivent tangents.

I would still like to reply to some of your comments however, and I will do my best fo be brief!
    Jakkass wrote: »
    If someone teaches a child to grow in a faith as long as it doesn't encourage intolerance towards other faiths what does it cause?

Harm. In my opinion.
    For me the values of Christianity go hand in hand with the beliefs and the tenets of the faith. Perhaps it's this close association between them that are the issue between atheist and theists.

I don't see if a religion promotes positive values and brings out the best in people as I've seen Christianity do that it isn't a success story?

Many atheists would argue that being "good" for fear of going to hell is disingenuous.

Atheists are often accused of being cynical, but isn't it cynical to think that people need to be threatened with eternal damnation for them to be "good".

I have enough faith in human nature to feel that children can be brought up to be "good people" without religion. I'm no expert on children, but in my opinion, children need love and education first and foremost, in order for them to grow up as balanced individuals.
    Good things generally come from worship in God

I would have respected this comment had you pointed out that it was your opinion, but as you presented it as fact, it doesnt deserve any further comment. Either way, it could be a whole thread in itself. Feel free to post a thread in the A&A forum on the subject.:D
    I don't believe that children should be given a "because that's that" answer. They should be explained how something could happen in a reasonable fashion. Such as "why do we exist?", "what's the role of evil in our lives", and several other questions.

I agree that children should be explained how something could happen in a reasonable fashion. Scientific fact is reasonable.
    I believe that I would be lying to children if I didn't tell them about the possible existence of God.

I would consider it a positive thing to teach children about the possible existence of God, but not that God is fact.
    You seem to take religion as one and the same as racism, bigotry, etc.
    Not one and the same, but yes, I put them in similar camps.
    Figures have suggested recently that the levels of suicide among theistic communities tends to be lower than that of atheistic or agnostic communities.
    What's with all the statistics?!!
    Firstly suicide is a sin to you, but a tragedy to me. I also support euthanasia in appropriate cases.

If there are higher percentages of suicide among atheists, it is nothing but an unfortunate factor in not being deluded.

Like so many atheists will tell you time and time again, any benefits of religion DONT MAKE IT RIGHT.

If truth is freedom and ignorance is bliss, I would choose truth any day.
    If I ever have children (and if I do it'll be a very long time from now), I wouldn't teach them of Santa Claus.
    Probably for similar reasons that atheists dont teach their children to believe in God.
    womoma wrote:
    **Some things we know as fact, and some things are debatable. We know that grass is green and that water is vital to life on earth. It is not abusive to teach children what we know is (and agree is) fact.
    **I can see where you are coming from in this quote.
    You can see where I'm coming from? lol. progress :p
    I'm very confident in the fact that God is true and does exist, I feel His Holy Spirit personally. I'm not going to deny his existence to my own flesh and blood (should I have any).
    And I can't stop you from doing so, but I believe it to be wrong, and that opinion is not going to change.

In Europe is in light of the way things are going in Ireland. I've seen a rapid growth in religious belief outside of the Catholic church. Particularly among my Pentecostal friends, I think it applies to Ireland as much as any other part of the world.
    I shouldn't have passed any comment on religion growing or declining in the first place. It has nothing to do with wether or not religion is right or wrong.
    Looks like we have very different agendas then.
    Hahahah, yeah I think that is one thing we can agree on.
    I hope for the decline of secularism.
    Secularism to me is about human rights and tolerance. It is funny that both of us appearantly want what we think is best for mankind, but through different methods.

I get a sense from you that you are a good natured person. To me, this is the result of human nature, and a balanced, loving upbringing.
    Interesting, list a few of these genocides. Let me talk them out with you. I think the same applies for religion particularly Christianity as you say applies for atheism. But I'm all ears.
    That is a whole other thread, and like I said, I'm no historian, but my point was really to dismiss your comment about Stalin and Hoxha as it really was a pretty cheap dig.
    I have atheist friends at school, I'm perfectly fine with their way of thinking as long as they do not mock my beliefs and respect me for who I am. I see Christianity as a mark on my identity, and I see my relationship with God as part of who I am as a person.
    Good for you.

I see it as a touch sadistic. ((celebrating a decline in religion))
    Sadism is the derivation of pleasure as a result of the suffering of others. I don't take pleasure in the suffering of any living thing, including my enemies, and animals.
    My reason for celebration would be the prospect of a more enlightened, liberated, educated, tolerant, unified world, where scientific progress is not stifled by deluded lunatics, where women are considered genuinely equal, and where critical thought, logic, and reason, replace mass delusion.
    I find your terming "Happy Christmas" after that to be a bit weird also.
    I do wish you a happy Christmas, but it was also meant with slight tongue in cheek.

Though Noel (Kelly_1) gets on my nerves, I think we have hijacked his thread enough already and should leave them to it. If you would like to continue our discussion elsewhere, you can find me in the A&A.

Greets,

Dec

Hello again, your post was very long so I'm going to pick and choose my responses.
    Less than a quarter of boardsie's are over 30 Id say is a big reason. There's a huge decline in practising RC, its only about 40% of the pop., most of them over 30!
    Good point, already made by PDN.
    didnt see infant baptism anywhere in the Bible, where should I be looking?
    It doesn't have to be in the bible because the bible isn't the ultimate earthly authority on truth. The Church is. As the bible says, the Church is the "pillar and foundation of the truth". Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture are equally important.
    I like many others made the informed decision to leave the Church.
    My original reason was the gap between the bible and church teaching (post Vatican II).
    Would you mind elaborating on this "gap" please?
    Most of the tradition of the church was simply invented. Limbo, confirmation, celibacy, indulgences...
    Only Limbo was invented. Confirmation is scriptural, Paul advocates celibacy and is also a tradition of the Church and indulgences are based on the power to "bind and loose".
    Shortly after I decided to leave the child abuse scandals really kicked off (though even from my earliest memories Child Abuse had always been associated with priests in my mind - was it just simmering under the surface for decades?) and I knew that I could just never go back.
    The abuse scandals have done untold damage to both the victims and the Church.
    I left the Catholic Church not because I dont believe in God or Christ but because I dont believe them to be true to God or Christ.
    Yes I know there are many shameful episodes in the history of the Church. Could I ask you what you think happened to the Church founded by Christ, united in one faith? Didn't our Lord promise that the gates of Hell would never prevail against the Church?

Free interpretation of the Bible

I'd agree, though the Bible clearly states otherwise.
    Yes, one of my biggest bones of contention. Did you see my "Discovering the Truth" thread?

God bless you in your search for the truth.
    Noel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Paul advocates celibacy
    i'd take more notice if jesus said it.
    one of the non religious reasons of celibacy is, cant have widows taking that land can we.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

kelly1 wrote: »
    It doesn't have to be in the bible because the bible isn't the ultimate earthly authority on truth. The Church is. As the bible says, the Church is the "pillar and foundation of the truth". Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture are equally important.
    Noel, you are totally discrediting the teachings of St Paul to Timothy,
    "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works" 2 Timothy 3:17

Confirmation is a counterfeit because Only God has the power to give you the Holy Spirit and not from an an ordinary man. In school we were led to believe that only a Bishop had the power to confirm, not so according to Luke 11:13 .

"Confirmation perfects Baptismal grace; it is the sacrament which gives the Holy Spirit in order to root us more deeply in the divine filiation, incorporate us MORE FIRMLY into Christ, strengthen our bond with the Church." (#1316, p. 367)

Only God can Give the Holy Spirit. "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him.? Luke 11:13

The only outstanding memories I had on my confirmation day was nine quid, a trip to the zoo and a pet rabbit. Its memories of "Bouncy Castles" for todays kids.
    The abuse scandals have done untold damage to both the victims and the Church. .
    The abuse scandals have braught the Catholic Church right into the spotlight and exposed it!. The Catholic Church had its day in Ireland and it is now crumbling like an upside down pyramid. It is losing the power that it had over the state and people for centuries, much of its land is been sold off to greedy developers to pay off incurring debts, they have even stooped so low as to charge for evening parking outside a main Dublin hospital. People are leaving it in their droves with just a majority of elderly folk remaining. In recent years only just a hand full are willing to take up vocations. Years ago it was a great privilage to have a family member become a priest, now its just an embarrisment.

With the likes of "Father Ted" being shown on Telifis Eireann is an other example of the RC loosing its grip in this country, not so long ago such a series would have been banned, when it first came out RTE refused to show or have any part in it. My elderly parents at one time would have been disgusted at this series, now that they have found the truth they find it rather hilarious.

Many ex Catholics like myself and I am sure many more on this forum have left it and found the truth of salvation in the Scriptures, Nothing could be truer than the words of John 5:39 "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life and they are they which testify of me."

• Advertisement

Noel, you are totally discrediting the teachings of St Paul to Timothy,
    "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works" 2 Timothy 3:17
    No, I'm not discrediting St Paul. I believe the passage above to be true of course but why are you ignoring this:-

1 Timothy 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
    Confirmation is a counterfeit because Only God has the power to give you the Holy Spirit and not from an an ordinary man.
    Is that so?

Acts 8:15 Who, when they were come, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost. 16 For he was not as yet come upon any of them; but they were only baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then they laid their hands upon them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

Sounds to me like you've been fed a bunch of lies about the Catholic Church.

What you don't realize is that the CC has the authority "dispense" grace via the sacraments but I'm sure you don't believe that.

God bless,
    Noel.

No, I'm not discrediting St Paul. I believe the passage above to be true of course but why are you ignoring this:-

1 Timothy 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth..
    Our definition of the word "Church" would differ totally .
    Sounds to me like you've been fed a bunch of lies about the Catholic Church.
    What lies? What rock have you been hiding under for the last decade? do you read the newspapers? watch the news or even the the Angelus on TV?
    What you don't realize is that the CC has the authority "dispense" grace via the sacraments but I'm sure you don't believe that. .
    You said it. The word "Sacrament" is NOT even found in the bible. The definition of "Sacrament" is: "A formal religious act conferring a specific grace on those who receive it." In simpler words, you get something by doing it. The teaching is that there is a "power" to the Sacraments. This is NOT taught in the Bible

Our definition of the word "Church" would differ totally .
    If the Church consisted of all Christian believers of every denomination then you have different sets of irreconcilable doctrines which would mean that by your definition of church, it cannot be the pillar and foundation of the truth. Do you see what I mean?
    What lies? What rock have you been hiding under for the last decade? do you read the newspapers? watch the news or even the the Angelus on TV?
    You've lost me there. I was referring to biblical support for confirmation. Did you actually read Acts 8:15?

Acts 8:15 Who, when they were come, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost. 16 For he was not as yet come upon any of them; but they were only baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then they laid their hands upon them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

There's no point is us having this debate if you're not going to read what I've written.
    You said it. The word "Sacrament" is NOT even found in the bible.
    Sorry, wrong again. The sacrament of marriage:-

Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife, and they shall be two in one flesh. 32 This is a great sacrament; but I speak in Christ and in the church. 33

God bless,
    Noel.

If the Church consisted of all Christian believers of every denomination then you have different sets of irreconcilable doctrines which would mean that by your definition of church, it cannot be the pillar and foundation of the truth. Do you see what I mean? .
    I mentioned this before, I would rather be divided in the truth than united in Error.
    You've lost me there. I was referring to biblical support for confirmation. Did you actually read Acts 8:15 Who, when they were come, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost. 16 For he was not as yet come upon any of them; but they were only baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then they laid their hands upon them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
    Sorry I think we have crossed wires, I was on about the total decline of the role of the Roman Catholic Church has over Ireland which you must admitt. On the subject of Acts 8:15 I just cannot comprehend the Roman Catholic concept of Confirmation, It only binds Binds People to the Catholic Religion
    "For by the sacrament of Confirmation, [the baptized] are more perfectly BOUND TO THE CHURCH."[Roman Catholic Church] (#1285, p. 358). No need to be "bound" to the rituals of the Roman Catholic Church. Jesus doesn't "bind" anyone to man-made traditions. He sets people FREE! "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be FREE INDEED." John 8:36
    Sorry, wrong again. The sacrament of marriage:-
    Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife, and they shall be two in one flesh. 32 This is a great sacrament; but I speak in Christ and in the church. 33
    The word "Sacrament" dose not appear in this passage in the KIng James nor the NIV version, Maybe some of our Greek scholars can give us a hand here.
    "This is a "great mystery" but I speak concerning Christ and the church" Eph 5:31 KJV.
    "This is a "profound mystery" but I am talking about Christ and the church" Eph 5:31 NIV

On the subject of Acts 8:15 I just cannot comprehend the Roman Catholic concept of Confirmation, It only binds Binds People to the Catholic Religion.

"For by the sacrament of Confirmation, [the baptized] are more perfectly BOUND TO THE CHURCH and are enriched with a special strength of the Holy Spirit. (#1285, p. 358).
    Don't you realize that the Church is the Body of Christ. See Coll 1:24.
    No need to be "bound" to the rituals of the Roman Catholic Church. Jesus doesn't "bind" anyone to man-made traditions. He sets people FREE! "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be FREE INDEED." John 8:36
    Nasty. The purpose of the Church is to continue Christ's saving work on earth by teaching the truth and administering the sacraments.

Your hate for the Church is very telling.

• Advertisement

Don't you realize that the Church is the Body of Christ. See Coll 1:24.Nasty. The purpose of the Church is to continue Christ's saving work on earth by teaching the truth and administering the sacraments.
    My definition of the "Church" is the body of Christian believers who have accepted Christ irrespective of denomination. I do not recognise the "true Church" as a man made political and religious instutute.
    Your hate for the Church is very telling.
    I reject any man made organised religion irrespective of Denomination. "Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition." Jesus, Mark 7:9

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Don't you realize that the Church is the Body of Christ. See Coll 1:24.

So when it murdered people. When it harboured child rapists etc. Was it the body of Christ? Remember, this wasn't certain individuals, but the whole institution. So you are in turn associating these things with the body of Christ, and before you say you are not, you very much are. The Catholic Church murdered many. The Catholic Church harboured child rapists. You say:
    'The Catholic Church = The body of christ', so lets use that term with the above:
    The body of Christ murdered many. The body of Christ harboured child rapists.

JimiTime wrote: »
    The body of Christ murdered many. The body of Christ harboured child rapists.
    I was afraid to come out with that one :)

It sounds harsh and insulting I know, but it is one of the most obvious things to exemplify that such an institution cannot be referred to as 'the body of Christ'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

....Why is this?.....

So Catholics out there, why are you in hiding!?.....

Because I don't believe in God or Jesus or Zeus or Thor etc.

It sounds harsh and insulting I know, but it is one of the most obvious things to exemplify that such an institution cannot be referred to as 'the body of Christ'.
    It certainly hits the nail on the head.

Christ is the Head of the Body and Christ is without sin. Did Christ ever promise that the Body would never sin?? Didn't Peter deny Jesus three times. We are all subject to the "law of sin" as described by Paul:-

Romans 7:16 If then I do that which I will not, I consent to the law, that it is good. 17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18 For I know that there dwelleth not in me, that is to say, in my flesh, that which is good. For to will, is present with me; but to accomplish that which is good, I find not. 19 For the good which I will, I do not; but the evil which I will not, that I do. 20 Now if I do that which I will not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that when I have a will to do good, evil is present with me. 22 For I am delighted with the law of God, according to the inward man: 23 But I see another law in my members, fighting against the law of my mind, and captivating me in the law of sin, that is in my members. 24 Unhappy man that I am, who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 The grace of God, by Jesus Christ our Lord. Therefore, I myself, with the mind serve the law of God; but with the flesh, the law of sin.

I don't condone the sins of the Church but let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Christ came to heal sinners, not the righteous.

God bless,
    Noel.

BTW, I agree with this. And you too are sinning against the Body of Christ. This damage is repaired as described by Paul:

Colossians 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up those things that are wanting of the sufferings of Christ, in my flesh, for his body, which is the church.

^^So the 'body of christ' is sinful?

^^So the 'body of christ' is sinful?
    Yes. The Body of Christ is the Church but it is holy by virtue of the Head which is Christ.

BTW, you give the impression that the Church is rotten to the core and I find this insulting. Yes many shameful things have happened within the Church but overall it is good. Every time a Christian sins, this damages the Body of Christ and another member of the body can offer their sufferings to Jesus in order to repair this damage as described in Coll 1:24.

It's called redemptive suffering.

• Advertisement

BTW, you give the impression that the Church is rotten to the core and I find this insulting.
    Call a spade a spade, "Ye shall know them by their fruits", corruption, child abuse, cover ups, materialism, worldly, etc etc.

A true Christian has a direct personal relation with Christ thus cutting out all such "middle men". "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" 1 Timothy 2vs5.

Call a spade a spade, "Ye shall know them by their fruits", corruption, child abuse, cover ups, materialism, worldly, etc etc.
    I see you're conveniently ignoring all the good work done by the Church over the centuries. Are you without sin?
    A true Christian has a direct personal relation with Christ thus cutting out all such "middle men". "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" 1 Timothy 2vs5.
    Why did Christ establish a Church? For the fun of it? Just a convenient collective pronoun? Who says you can't have a mediator between man and (the human )Jesus?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭SubjectSean

It's called redemptive suffering.

This sounds like a funny notion, can you please describe the mechanism by which this works?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭SubjectSean

Why did Christ establish a Church?

Jesus didn't establish a Church. He established "the Way". There was no word or concept for 'Church' in the Aramaic of 2000 years ago. Paul established your Church not Jesus.

This sounds like a funny notion, can you please describe the mechanism by which this works?
    It's describe here better than I can.

http://www.rosary-center.org/ll49n2.htm

My basic understanding is that the member of the Church for a "mystical body of Christ with Christ as the head.

Now if a member of the body sins, it causes a weakness or disease within the body which affects the whole body. Let's say for instance someone has decided to "live in sin" and fornicate etc. This damages the whole body of Christ because they are joined by baptism.

If another person in that same body suffers and decides to "offer up" that suffering in reparation for the sin of first sinner, God can accept this suffering on the part of the sinner and can grant grace to that sinner which he otherwise wouldn't have received. In this way, sinners can be brought back to God who otherwise would have perished due to the hardness of their hearts.

And this is what Paul is referring to in Coll 1:24. There are many saints over the years who have endured *incredible* suffering for the sake of the Body. e.g. Saint Faustina, Padre Pio, Sr. Josefa Menendez, St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, Alexandrina da Costa. Many of them suffered that passion of Christ, the crown of thorns, the scourging, invisible stigmata, searing thirst etc.

God bless,
    Noel.

Jesus didn't establish a Church. He established "the Way". There was no word or concept for 'Church' in the Aramaic of 2000 years ago. Paul established your Church not Jesus.
    Maybe you need to read the bible a bit more. "Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church" Mt 16:18. In the Douay-Rheims bible there are 77 references to church in the NT.

Anyway most of the Gospels were written in Greek, I think Matthew was written in Aramaic originally and later translated into Greek.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭blueandgreen

Maybe you need to read the bible a bit more. "Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church" Mt 16:18. In the Douay-Rheims bible there are 77 references to church in the NT.

Anyway most of the Gospels were written in Greek, I think Matthew was written in Aramaic originally and later translated into Greek.

Human language translation is inherently subjective. As a speaker of four languages, I am acutely aware of how meaning can be lost or distorted during the translation process, particularly a 3-step traduction -e.g. Aramaic->Greek->English. Futhermore, language comprehension is itself, of course, also subjective.

No wonder it is so difficult to obtain a full agreement on biblical verse (even amongst adherents).

I am of the opinion that this type of biblical verse quoted out of context in such a manner is archaic and almost entirely irrelevant to the Irish under-30 population (the primary demographic of this forum). Should you wish to see an increase in religious belief on this forum or anywhere else, an alternative approach might be sensible.

No wonder it is so difficult to obtain a full agreement on biblical verse (even amongst adherents).
    Yes I agree entirely and hence why I claim that Jesus established a Church to teach us the truth.
    I am of the opinion that this type of biblical verse quoted out of context in such a manner is archaic and almost entirely irrelevant to the Irish under-30 population (the primary demographic of this forum). Should you wish to see an increase in religious belief on this forum or anywhere else, an alternative approach might be sensible.
    What would you suggest?

Yes. The Body of Christ is the Church but it is holy by virtue of the Head which is Christ.

The deception is the word 'church'. You have hijacked it, or rather your religion have, to mean 'the roman catholic church'. However, the word was used to denote 'people' not an overlord. It is used to denote true followers of Christ. It had a different meaning in Greek, ekklesia, than it does these days. That is one of your biggest obsticles in seeing truth IMO Noel. You keep looking at 'church' as a big organisation, when realy its a very personal word. You seem to see it as 'well if the RCC is not the true church, then who is the true Church'. The answer is though, True followers of Christ are the church. You need to look at what the meaning was when the word was actually used.
    BTW, you give the impression that the Church is rotten to the core and I find this insulting.
    I do believe its rotten to the core, I never hide that fact. That this insults you, thats regretable, but I've got my reasons.

• Advertisement

I see you're conveniently ignoring all the good work done by the Church over the centuries. Are you without sin??
    Like any most organisations man will try to put up a good image, even some of the back patch motorcycle clubs such as the Hells Angels, Bandidos and Outlaws which have had a notorious reputation around the world will put on a "good show" and organise charity events such as toy runs, benefit nights etc. Likewise the Catholic Church has covered up much of its appalling atrocities with good humanitarian works and various campaigns. As Jesus said "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye are like unto white sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness". Matthew 23vs13
    Why did Christ establish a Church? For the fun of it? Just a convenient collective pronoun? Who says you can't have a mediator between man and (the human )Jesus?
    Was it Jesus himself that started the Catholic Church? If I were you I would go back through my history books, It was infact Emperor Constantine and not Jesus that started the Roman Catholic Church and that was well into the 3rd century. Constantine legalised "Christianity" and formed his church mixing up a cocktail of old tradition, Christianity and politics.

What about the Messianic Jews? I would find more credibility in their history than that of the Catholic Church. http://www.messianic.com/articles/basics.htm

Noel, have you ever personally ask Christ to come into your life and be your mediator?

Advertisement