Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800

• 29-01-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone get their hands on one of these babies yet? Have one ordered for the bro which I'll have a nice little play with first haha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭thomasj

manual_man wrote: »
    Anyone get their hands on one of these babies yet? Have one ordered for the bro which I'll have a nice little play with first haha

No but i have its smaller brother the galaxy tab plus 7 (the only difference between the 2 is the screen size/slight extra weight, superamoled on the 7.7 and better battery on the 7.7) and its a joy to use!

It doesnt feel too heavy, battery i have no complaints and i love honeycomb 3.2 on it

A great investment! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

they are a little expensive yet!!! the replacement for the 10.1 seems to be coming at mwc not sure if I will wait for it yet. I like the 7 inch form factor but with phones at 4+ inches now I dont know if theres that much of a differnce. Other than this the main selling point for this excluding its size would be the display which the 10.1 will supposedly match so still undecided

I also cant help thinking there will be a nexus tab in the next year.....

woop wrote: »

There will be, google said as much! Still though its predictible what size it will be and i still prefer the tablet that fits in my pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

thomasj wrote: »

There will be, google said as much! Still though its predictible what size it will be and i still prefer the tablet that fits in my pocket

Would you not prefer a bigger, better tablet, though? A Galaxy Note (or something that size) would just piss me off with the size of it in my (trouser) pocket. Not to mention the deep shade of purple my face would probly go makin a phonecall on it. I think a 6-8 inch tablet that fits nicely in an inside jacket pocket is the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

in response to manual man........dont think you will be making phonecalls on these

the nexus tablet was supposed to be sub 8 inch if indeed it comes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭legrand

Hi Manual_Man
    Ordered in the US I presume? Thought these were only available with Verizon contract - no?

they are a little expensive yet!!! the replacement for the 10.1 seems to be coming at mwc not sure if I will wait for it yet.....

Apparently there's talk of a 11.6" quad core. Not sure if that's a form-factor I'd be interested on tbh.
    http://9to5google.com/2012/01/30/rumor-samsung-to-unveil-11-6-inch-galaxy-tab-at-mwc-with-wxqga-display/

legrand wrote: »

Hi Manual_Man
    Ordered in the US I presume? Thought these were only available with Verizon contract - no?

grey market import... comin from Hong Kong

legrand wrote: »

Hi Manual_Man

The same crew i got the galaxy tab plus 7 from

http://www.expansys.ie/samsung-galaxy-tab-7-7-wi-fi-16gb-silver-light-226795

grey market import... comin from Hong Kong

Thanks manual_man - care to pm me a link?

• Advertisement

Here's the link for anyone's interested:

http://panamoz.com/index.php/popular-products/samsung-galaxy-tab-7-7-16gb-wifi-3g-wifi-android-tablet.html

Very cheap

Proceed at your own risk etc. etc.

Though my order is in transit via ups and should arrive today with a bit of luck if it does i'll upload some pics

Holy god lads you have to get one of these. I nearly spilled my load when i saw the screen. Pics to follow

Holy god lads you have to get one of these. I nearly spilled my load when i saw the screen. Pics to follow

Yep its an amazing screen allright and the reviews of the battery life are really good but i opted for the Galaxy tab plus 7 because of the fact that it fits ij your jeans pocket!

Yep its an amazing screen allright and the reviews of the battery life are really good but i opted for the Galaxy tab plus 7 because of the fact that it fits ij your jeans pocket!

What kind of jeans do you have!!

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

I'm just joking brother i cant imagine either of them fitting in my jeans pocket, though it fits very snug in my inside jacket pockets

What do you mean?

I'm just joking brother i cant imagine either of them fitting in my jeans pocket, though it fits very snug in my inside jacket pockets

:D

Nah seriously they just about fit on the front pocket. And the back pocket as well but i wouldnt risk it!

What do you mean?

Nah seriously they just about fit on the front pocket. And the back pocket as well but i wouldnt risk it!

Can you imagine whipping one out to take a phone call :D

What do you mean?

:pac: i actually have A 4 inch nexus as well tablet in 1 pocket phone in other

• Advertisement

What do you mean?

Man you're packin some heat :pac:

(Not in a gay way)

What do you mean?

Man you're packin some heat :pac:

(Not in a gay way)

Does great in cold weather! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

Hey manual_man, how did you find Panamoz to deal with? Was everything okay with the Tab, and is it fully UK/Ireland localised? Oh - did you get the Wifi only or the 3G + Wifi version?

Zirconia wrote: »
    Hey manual_man, how did you find Panamoz to deal with? Was everything okay with the Tab, and is it fully UK/Ireland localised? Oh - did you get the Wifi only or the 3G + Wifi version?

I have to say i was delighted. I ordered Sunday Morning and received the tab Thursday at around 11am, having come all the way from Hong Kong. Ups Worldwide express was the delivery method, and only cost 12 euro. Very impressed. I mailed Panamoz twice and they replied very quickly and were very friendly. As soon as the item was shipped i got a mail off them with the Ups tracking number which i could follow on the Ups website. As they state, they incur any import duties/tax, so there wasn't any nasty surprise when the Ups guy arrived at the door. I'd have no hesitation buying off them again

The tab was in some Asian language when i did the setup, i think there may have been an option to change to English there and then, but i may have missed it. Anyway i got through the setup and then figured to go into settings and the Locale and Input Tab where the first option was to change the language. Got the 16gb wifi version as i didnt see the point paying extra for i can tether my android phone if needs be, though the 3g version was only around 80 euro extra for someone who wants that option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Would the screen on the 7.7 be much better than the 8.9 version. WXGA-TFT on the 8.9 sounds like it might not be great, has anyone seen them side by side?

EGriff wrote: »
    Would the screen on the 7.7 be much better than the 8.9 version. WXGA-TFT on the 8.9 sounds like it might not be great, has anyone seen them side by side?

can't find anything on the interweb other than this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kEs-67yB5U&feature=related

manual_man will probably agree that the 7.7 screen (as our american friends say) 'pops'.

EGriff wrote: »

Havent seen the 8.9. But i dont think you can compare an amoled to a non-amoled. If you want the best screen, get the 7.7..

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

Thanks for the info manual_man, I just placed an order for one from Panamoz and put my new Galaxy Tab 10.1 up for sale on boards - I prefer the 7" form factor.

Zirconia wrote: »
    Thanks for the info manual_man, I just placed an order for one from Panamoz and put my new Galaxy Tab 10.1 up for sale on boards - I prefer the 7" form factor.

Ok mate hope it arrives safely and best of luck with the 10.1 sale

• Advertisement

Just thought id mention that one of the handy things about the 7.0 plus and 7.7 galaxy tabs is that there is inbuilt flashlights! I only learned that earlier.

To do this go into settings and under accessibility there is a flashlight option. Handy for when using the tablet in bed at night! :)

Advertisement