Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Tree

• 17-12-2007 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

Just a thought.....how much did you spend on your Christmas tree?

Christmas Tree 14 votes

Real
    0% 0 votes
    Fake
    42% 6 votes
    Don't have one
    57% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

Got an artificial one 10 years ago. I think it has now amortized to less than $10 a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Real one growing in a pot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Sallers

we always have a real tree at home, but in college someone bought an artificial one for our house. one of the reasons people generally give for not getting a real tree is that it sheds. anyone else find the artificial one does???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Artificial one because I hate the needles lying on the floor.

I would have no tree at all if I could help it, but I'm outvoted by my wife and daughter. I like minimalist decor - and trees, decorations and cards just make the place look untidy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Sallers

Im not sure if our artificial one is the exception to the rule but its shedding!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Sallers wrote: »
    we always have a real tree at home, but in college someone bought an artificial one for our house. one of the reasons people generally give for not getting a real tree is that it sheds. anyone else find the artificial one does???

Species and poor individual specimens aside, the reason that most living trees shed their needles is simply due to a lack of water. From outdoors in the cold to a nice centrally-heated home (unless your a student) is a bit of a shock to the system. A pint + a day (all depending on tree size and ambient temp) is a good start.

Anywho... Christianity!

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

We always get a real one but I'm starting to think an artificial might be better. Cutting trees for a festive decorations seems evil to me. its hard to convince my family of getting a good artificial one next year but I'll try...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Sallers wrote: »
    Im not sure if our artificial one is the exception to the rule but its shedding!

That's like wearing a wig and still getting dandruff! :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I got fed up going on the quest for the perfect tree every year and bought an artificial one a few years ago. It's very real looking and there's no mess.
    I used to wrap the real tree in a sheet to carry it outside after taking the decorations off, but the needles still flew all over the place.

Advertisement