Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guitargeek.com---Why did it close down

• 18-07-2006 5:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

ok the title of this thread is pretty self explanitory, why the hell did it close down i dont get it, it was a dead handy site with a good bit of traffic id recon so with traffic came cash from advertising so why did it close?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

It hasn't closed?
    Still works for me anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

You're telling fibs!

http://www.guitargeek.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Still there, just hasn't been updated in about five years. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

The forums there are very good though. They have major major trafffic and the site has been neglected by the owners so the chat server cant handle the traffic so at peak times its hard to launch threads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

No No, i rfeally shoulda phrased this one better, What i meant to say is why the hell hasnt it been updated in like 50 million years, 2004 was a long time ago like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Because you touch yourself at night. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

They also got the gig doing the illustratations for Guitar World so that probably means they can sit on their arse most of the time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Because you touch yourself at night. :)

My mate Matthewthebig uses that damn excuse all the time! It'll fail you one of these days..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭-=al=-

i bothered to guitar geek my rig a while back, it just looks so neat!! :)

setuup.jpg

weh hey!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

why have u got the delay and the pitch shifter in the loop only al??

• Advertisement

Lazyness! it just fits perfectly that way on my pedalboard, and i use the Ps-5 like whammy pedal for pitch shifting type effects and for hamronies, dont want that getting all muffled up, same with delay, they work grand there, Chorus works grand in the chain too,

the talkbox is only used when theres no other fx in the chain on and its easier to turn it on and off when its placed there thaz all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Where do you get all the icons? I might do up one, although it would be very, very short and sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

cool al thats a good enough reason for anyone

KH would just have amp-5 way input spliter (to play multiplke guitars at once cos he can't pick from his extensive range or ridiculous axes) and guitar(s) :p

Mine would be handy too

amp gmajor in loop wah and ge-7 in the input and guitar

at guitar geek, its alota screen printing and copy and pasting! but i done it one day ages ago, i was bored

Advertisement