Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I stopped at a garage in Porto banus for petrol and this was sitting there,
    img6320qy1.jpg

A couple of lads were doing a bit of work on it in the hope of selling it on for a large profit. They were under the impression that because a guy up the road was selling classics in the 150K range(ferrari's etc) that they were on to a good thing, I left them to it. It was tidy enough apart from the wing and started on the button, a 62' caddy i think they said, or could have been a 68'.

Amazingly, this was the only Fiat 500 I saw in Rome.
    img6076ql3.jpg
    Notice how even half the smart car is bigger than it:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

It's a '62 AFAIK, nice car !

You dont see many classics around Puerto Banus oddly enough. It seems the perfect place for them IMO !!

Aparently some guy has started selling high end classics. One fella walked and bought a classic Ferrari without asking the price:rolleyes: Porto Banus is that sort of place alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

mustang68 wrote:
    Now I'm no Mustang expert, but I think it's a 68, the tail lights tell you, and something else too! :D

Oops, sorry - a little slip-up. Of course it's a '68. :o (can't edit post now :().

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

tee hee....:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Eric318

Yesterday evening in Portmarnock, a lovely Cortina, yellow with vinyl roof, auto gearbox and alloy wheels. No camera, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was just south of Cashel on the Clonmel road and saw one of these!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jason_G_KE30

I passed a gorgeous dark blue Jag E-Type convertible on the M50 yesterday morning, imported MN reg I think, have the photo, but no computer cable!!:o Will share it next week;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭tc20

"I was just south of Cashel on the Clonmel road and saw one of these"

I believe a Mr Gerry Hutch (aka The Monk) has at least one of these on his books..
    sorry, havent figured out the quote feature yet..
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

mike65 wrote:
    I was just south of Cashel on the Clonmel road and saw one of these!

Mike.
    Mike, this is the classic cars forum, not the overstated bling ghetto fabulous forum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭andyj22

hi all seen these in Roscommon today near molehill really nice don,t you think ; )
    anyone hear owns them :confused:

Andyj

Mike, this is the classic cars forum, not the overstated bling ghetto fabulous forum

Ah botox! :p I had the "Here's What I Saw Today" thread open in Motors!

One of the mods can move it.

Mike.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Saw a Ferrari Dino drive past me in Blackrock yesterday... was gone before I could get a pic and traffic lights kept me from tailing it... :(

Not something you see actually driving on the roads every day.

Just saw the blue 612 Scaglietti up at the airport...................jeeeez that place drives me insane !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Saw these last Sunday one the way back from Killarney

I did'nt take a pic but today I spotted a late 60s Ford Camaro and something truely huge from the fifties with outlandish fins and two doors. Both going in the general direction of Clonmel.

Mike.

I spotted a late 60s Ford Camaro

...........which was it ?? :D

Ooops! That would be a Chevrolet Camaro proberly! :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 ToyotaDyna

Hi Gatster,

Great pictures :) was there a show on there?

An Atkinson Borderer and a Ford D Series :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Beetle with original Dublin registration spotted in Lusk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jason_G_KE30

Here's the Jag E-Type Jag I promised this week, plus my first sight of a rhd Citroen DS in a Dublin Multistorey on Fri

2006_09290130 (2).JPG
    2006_092901722.jpg
    2006_092901732.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

That's a lovely D. Check out the 76 Reg - they officially stopped making the saloon in 1975, but this one is South African and they kept going till 1976.

Thats a worrying looking blob of oil under it,hope it was from the previous parker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

dubtom wrote:
    Thats a worrying looking blob of oil under it,hope it was from the previous parker.

Just another privilege of Citroen ownership.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭mustang68

dubtom wrote:

It the automatic weed killing and intergrated driveway lubrication system that everyone gets for free with a classic car. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Lyre61

Citroen patened self change oil system, you put in the top end, the Citroen puts it out the bottom...in some cases the oil has been known to bypass all the internal parts of the engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Eric318

It is actually a very clever antirust system: coats the whole of the underparts of the car and keeps it all safe for a future restoration, 20 years down the line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I hate moden Astons with a passion. This 1978 AM Vantage shows how wonderful they used to look: AMVantage.jpg

A pretty 1987 911
    911.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Drive a 78 Aston Vantage and you'll realise why they don't make them like that anymore....lovely to look at but handles like a Bedford TK.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

without any doubt there is no car ever made handles as badly as a Bedford TK. :p
    the steering alone would give you a hernia :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement