Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due April 2016

• 07-08-2015 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Well here goes nothing! I'm due April 2016 with my second. I'm not sure of my due date exactly as still breastfeeding my first and haven't even had a period yet!

So, who else is joining the April 2016 club? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Well here goes nothing! I'm due April 2016 with my second. I'm not sure of my due date exactly as still breastfeeding my first and haven't even had a period yet!

So, who else is joining the April 2016 club? :)

I think I am! I have irregular periods so not sure on due date, hoping doctor will send me for a dating scan.
    It's also my second, have a 3 year old daughter who is our world, so slightly nervous/excited to shift that dynamic!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

Hi ladies..I'm due April 2016 also with our third child..so exciting!..wishing ye happy and healthy pregnancies.

Congrats to you and best of luck..
    Think I'm about 5+5.. major exhaustion and sore breasts, gonna get to the doctor this week.
    I had a horrific birth with my first so I can't shake the anxiety yet, everything worries me!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cakescakes

Hi everyone :) Ive taken a First Response test yesterday and I got a very faint line along with the strong one. Well, its not VERY faint! you can clearly see it actually but its not AS strong as the other! Do ye think its a positive? I will test again this weekend. AF is due on Sunday! eeeeekkkkkkkk!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Definitely. Any line is a line. The first test I took was very faint and you had to look at it under a light to see it. Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Hi ladies! Wow a lot of second time mums here. On my last 'Due' thread it was mainly ftm! Every bit as exciting second time around though. Cakescakes I got such a faint line I thought I might be imagining it but nope. As irishgirl says, a line is a line so congrats :)

ok so I took a clear blue digital today and got a very definate POSITVE pregnant! Delighted! I guess I'm in the April club:-)) this will be my third pregnancy! I have a 4 year old daughter and my last pregnancy ended at 10 weeks! I'm very happy tonight :)))

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KarKar10

Wow you's are on the ball! I'm due April 10th so only 5+2 . This is my 2nd too, have a 3 year old boy already. Can't wait to see how he'll react to the news.
    Went to my GP on Wednesday, so weird finding out so early this time...how I'm going to keep it a secret for another 7 weeks I do not know!
    Still doesn't feel real as I've no symptoms yet but long may the lack of morning sickness last! I'll probably get a private scan done at 12 weeks just to have a sneak peek, won't get one in the hospital till 20 weeks which is too long to wait.
    Happy pregnancies ladies :)

Had a tiny bit of spotting today, I did on my first also so booked in with early pregnancy unit for next Thursday for a scan.. hoping everything's ok.
    What hospital are you all going to? I go to portlaoise. Not the best reputation but I like that you get a scan at every appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pythonista

I suppose I'm in here too... very unsure on dates but most likely due either very late in March or the first week in April. Have an early scan booked to try and solve that mystery! This is #1 for us and we hadn't been trying very long.

• Advertisement

This little April Group is gaining followers every day :-) please God we will all have good pregnancies and we can help each other along the way!!! I'm seeing my doc this Froday to confirm it all but by my own calculations I reckon I'm due around 26th April! Which makes me about 3 weeks pregnant now so very early days... I'm cramping on and off and really sore boobs right now and I'm feeling very FULL I have to say. How's everyone else feeling? Oh and what made me do an early test was I got a serious disgust to eggs at breakfast the other day ... Like I thought I would get sick... Which rang alarm bells with me (but good alarm bells ha ha) xoxo

I'm up the guts of two cup sizes in about the past 3 weeks, which is pretty nuts! Was very crampy for a while but that seems to have eased off a bit and I'm just bloated as hell now. Nausea seems to be very much an all day thing, generally solved by eating something small but is quite annoying.

Ooh so many of us now!!! What's the earliest you can get a dating scan? My GP said I'd get one around 13 weeks but I actually think I'll be further on than what she's put down. I don't know if I can wait that long!!!

I've got a private one coming up next week (will be 7-8 weeks afaik), then one at what is supposed to be 12 weeks in mid-September.

First scan my gyni will do is at 8 weeks! I'm currently 3 weeks so early days 😊 the first scan always makes it so real I think!

I have one next week too. I think I will be 7 weeks, doctor is putting me at 8 but my cycle is longer than they account for.

Anyone on their second notice their tummys popping a bit already? I had a flat(not toned) tummy and now spoting a pouch!

Cakescakes it definitely makes it real, I just can't wait for it.

Javagal my daughter is 10 months and while I lost most of my pregnancy weight I never got around to toning my tummy and it's definitely slack so I have a feeling this time I'll look like a whale!

Cakescakes it definitely makes it real, I just can't wait for it.

Javagal my daughter is 10 months and while I lost most of my pregnancy weight I never got around to toning my tummy and it's definitely slack so I have a feeling this time I'll look like a whale!

Not just me then!
    Put on like 4 stone with my 1st!

I've such an appetite the past few weeks!!! Eating sweet things like I never did before!!! So I need to really watch it now and get back walking also.. The past 3 weeks I think I've gained about 5lbs!!! Plus I'm already feeling bigger with this pregnancy... More bloat than anything I think. I'm feeling very FULL. Ladies I also think I'll be having a stitch put in this time. Did anyone have that done before?xx

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KarKar10

javagal wrote: »
    I have one next week too. I think I will be 7 weeks, doctor is putting me at 8 but my cycle is longer than they account for.

Anyone on their second notice their tummys popping a bit already? I had a flat(not toned) tummy and now spoting a pouch!

I thought it was in my head that my belly was getting round, my other half confirmed it (how nice of him haha) hoping to stick to the gym this time around cause I've heard horror stories about 2nd time pregnancy weight gain!
    I have 2 weddings in the next 3 weeks, how I'm going to get away with not drinking and anyone guessing that I'm pregnant I do not know....any tips??
    Still no morning sickness...thank god!!

• Advertisement

Karkar10 just hold a glass in your hand and pretend your drinking;) get your other half to help u!! It's very difficult keeping it secret socially though!!! And I'm also very worried about weight gain.... But all I can do is try keep the exercise up and eat healthy!!! But I'm already bloaty

Yeah, or nurse a 7up and say there's vodka in it.

Cakes, why do you need the stitch?

Javagal my first born was born prematurely at 29 weeks. Last pregnancy was a miscarriage so my gyni says a stitch this time just to be safe I guess. I'll find out more once I meet him. I'm a bit anxious but trying very hard to stay positive .. Subconsciously I feel the time is right this time.. May sound silly but my gut is saying "all will be fine" x

• Registered Users Posts: 39 taylorsterling

hey all

I'm gonna join this thread too! I'm due April 2nd.
    I've been to my GP and booked into Holles St!

This is my first, and the first grandchild. Also the first out of my friends.
    We haven't told anyone yet... Booked in for an early scan on Sept 6th.

I think because I've no friends or family with babies I am more anxious than excited.
    We were trying for a while so this baby is so, so wanted!! as all babies are :)

Last week I had pretty strong symptoms. Cramps, sore boobs.
    This week not much, which I am finding worrying.

Glad to be here for advice and hear other people's stories

congrats to all xx

Taylorsterling congrats!!!! It's so exciting!!!! You want to tell absolutely everyone but you gotta wait!!! It will be worth it to wait though as it's very very long if people know early;) like u I've been having cramping a lot... Esp today... I'm taking an early night! I think rest is SO important in pregnancy and we shouldn't push ourselves too much! I've had a very very busy today work wize today so resting up now. Whatever it takes ...'I'm gonna honour my body;)

Taylor,
    I felt the same yesterday, like my symptoms had disappeared, but my sore boobs are back with a bang.
    Definitely feeling not as tired this week though.

Still having the occasional very light spotting, only ever on one wipe of toilet paper but still has me petrified, roll on scan on Thursday.

Btw, we told both sets of parents early on on this pregnancy and last. As I seem to bleed when pregnant, I'd rather people know incase I need to go to the hospital or should the worst happen, I'd need some support.

My symptoms seem to be chopping and changing by the day - some days I feel really sick, some days my boobs are agony, some days I'm just absolutely wrecked. Slept 10 hours last night - I couldn't even make it to the end of the football and that's really unusual for me!

We're waiting to tell our parents face to face - which is awkward because we're in the UK and our families are in Ireland! Probably late September/early October at this stage, and I should be around 12-14 weeks by then.

Congrats and welcome Taylorsterling!

So far this pregnancy seems to be following the same pattern as the last. No morning sickness, touch wood, but come about 4pm every day I'm paralysed by fatigue :(

Furbabymoma hopefully u can rest when ur tired? It's hard when u have other children... I've had a few days of pure exhaustion and I've taken to the bed with my 4 year old to watch a dvd;) think I know "frozen" completely off by heart now;) but for the past 24 hours I've have awful cramping... Like really intense period pain type... No bleed tg... I really thought at one point last night... This is it!!! It has all eased today thankfully! I can't wait fort first gyni app!!!

• Advertisement

I have started with nausea here, it's so bad at night time, I can't sleep and my dog is being very inconsiderate and farting like he's been eating Brussel sprouts.

*puke*

Oh and also dizziness. And I wanted 4 kids.

Advertisement