Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due January 2016

• 11-05-2015 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

So I'm a little shocked! My period is 3 days late and having tested on Saturday and gotten a negative test I decided to test this morning on a whim and I'm pregnant it would seem.
    I did two tests to be sure and have a third just crying out to be used and apparently I am 1-2 weeks pregnant.
    I'm delighted but shocked too. Last month was our first "not trying but not preventing" time since our little girl was born 8 months ago.
    Due January 12th 2016.
    Must tell lovely husband this evening. He'll be a touch shocked too.
    Funny thing is I was the first to start the "due October 2014" thread too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭pooch90

I don't want to jinx myself by hopping in here but, all going well, I should be due on Januray 15th. Only found out yesterday. First baby too.
    Do I go to the doctor this week??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

pooch90 wrote: »
    I don't want to jinx myself by hopping in here but, all going well, I should be due on Januray 15th. Only found out yesterday. First baby too.
    Do I go to the doctor this week??

Congrats, you don't have to go straight away, I found out when I was a few hours late so at 4 weeks, but left it until 6 weeks to go to the doctor to confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Lol penny congrats , was wondering when this thread would start and thought it was funny when I seen your name!happy and healthy 9 months to you ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Hi everyone, looks like I belong in this thread too! Found out a week ago that I'm pregnant, not planned but very happy all the same. This is our first pregnancy and I'm so clueless. I'm due on the 2nd January. Morning sickness began on Friday evening, I wake up in the middle of the night to get sick but I have been completely fine during the day. I thought the pattern was quite unusual and never heard of this before. Only other complaints are very sore breasts and some cramping. I've been so overwhelmed with emotions too, which is to be expected after the shock of it all. Feeling very positive the past few days, long may it last. Great to meet you all and hear your experiences so far.

My boobs have been sore since I came off the pill in November so didn't think much of it,then had really bad cramps last week so was convinced period was coming. But my sense of smell was different and I was a bit queasy (but had just had Indian takeaway for the first time!!).

Going to the doctor on Wednesday to confirm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Oh wow it feels like yesterday I was going through all of this as I'm part of the January 2015 thread.

The only advice I have is not to panic too much in the first trimester I had myself worried sock as one day I felt pregnant the next I didn't.

Enjoy it,the end result is worth everything
    Congratulations to you all

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭silverbella

Due January 5th :) was waiting for this board to start but far too lazy to do it myself!ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

So I've made my appointment with my doctor in the Coombe this morning. I went semi private the last time and have decided to go fully private this time. Appointment is June 9th!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Coco123

Hi there, just found out I am due 10th January. Have an 11year old so big gap. Still in shock but glad to have found this thread.

Congrats Juicyfruit and Coco! I went to the GP last week just to get the confirmation and sign up to the combined care scheme. Still finding it hard to believe that this is all happening. Sometimes I forget I'm pregnant, last weekend I agreed to go white water kayaking with a friend until I told my boyfriend who was like... thats not a good idea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Juicyfruit

Gonna jump in here too, due our 1st on 10th January, so nervous but excited :)
    Dunno what I just did with my original post!

Thanks Vodkat, congrats to you too, so funny about the kayaking, not a good idea at all!

I was with GP last week to confirm and phoned Hospital on Friday to get booking visit appointment, came in the post the next day which I was so surprised about. 7th July, which feels like ages away, I'll be 13+2 then!! Will be booking a private early scan I think for about 8 weeks.

I'm the same with the forgetting, I don't really have many symptoms aside from sore breasts and serious tiredness but other than that I feel fine. I go from being delighted one minute to being so scared something is going to go wrong the next. Normal I suppose.

We were so so lucky, it was our first month trying so i think I'm feeling a bit like it's too good to be true at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

So I'm a little shocked! My period is 3 days late and having tested on Saturday and gotten a negative test I decided to test this morning on a whim and I'm pregnant it would seem.
    I did two tests to be sure and have a third just crying out to be used and apparently I am 1-2 weeks pregnant.
    I'm delighted but shocked too. Last month was our first "not trying but not preventing" time since our little girl was born 8 months ago.
    Due January 12th 2016.
    Must tell lovely husband this evening. He'll be a touch shocked too.
    Funny thing is I was the first to start the "due October 2014" thread too.

Oh wow Penny! We were on Oct 14 together and we were chatting about going again and fertility after bfing etc. That was very quick! Fantastic news! H&h 9 months to you.

73trix wrote: »
    Oh wow Penny! We were on Oct 14 together and we were chatting about going again and fertility after bfing etc. That was very quick! Fantastic news! H&h 9 months to you.

Thank you. Yes it certainly was quick- quicker than I'd ever have thought possible. I keep laughing out loud about it because it's still a little shocking.

Feeling great though thankfully, no nausea. Many of the same early pregnancy things are back- peeing like a racehorse very early on, waking in the middle of the night and all that stuff.
    It's funny as with my first pregnancy I has no idea if this was normal and couldn't ask anyone (other than on wonderful Boards) but this time around it's all still quite fresh in my head.
    I do feel a little more cramping and easing out of my lower abdomen than at this stage before - guess my body knows what it's at this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dinocicero

Just found out too! And after quite a while trying, so it's great news. I feel quite crampy but according to Dr Internet that's not unusual. It's my first so a bit nervous about how it will go.

Also just found out my due date is my birthday! Couldn't believe it!

Dinocicero wrote: »
    Just found out too! And after quite a while trying, so it's great news. I feel quite crampy but according to Dr Internet that's not unusual. It's my first so a bit nervous about how it will go.

Also just found out my due date is my birthday! Couldn't believe it!

I know it's easy to say "don't worry" and all that stuff but until you actually have a reason to worry divert your energy into something else.
    On my first I adopted that attitude- if I'm told things are ok and they feel ok what's the point of worrying. It made for a relaxed pregnancy and I don't know if it's just a coincidence but my little girl is the most chilled out relaxed happy little baby.
    I'm taking the same approach this time around too- worry is futile and so far I've no reason to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Penny I think you are dead right. I went with the same attitude and it so helps. I also used to go with the idea that if something did go wrong it's not my fault and there's nothing I can do to change it, this is obviously particularly helpful in the early weeks because when you're further along there are things that you can do, go to hospital etc. I had a bleed at 20 weeks and that was my first "hmm, sh!t" moment, because I was quite far along at that stage and had to go to hospital for monitoring. I had a bleed at 10 weeks and was very zen about it, there was nothing I could do so no point worrying and upsetting myself unnecessarily.

As Penny said this can be difficult to do sometimes but it is worth it if you can relax, not Google and scare the crap out of yourself and just stay positive. So many things are totally normal in pregnancy, particular pain in your abdomen. Think about it, your body and mainly your stomach are stretching in ways they have never done previously, it's bound to hurt! I used to be wincing and gasping with the pain in the early weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sambucus nigra

Congrats to all! Looks like I'm joining this thread too, my official due date is New Year's Eve, but my cycles are normally 30-32 days so an early January arrival looks likely. First baby, planning home birth in Cork.

Unfortunately I seem to have taken after my mum's hyperemesis gravidarium... since last Thursday I've been non-stop nauseous and throwing up constantly, even water and crackers. Just about managed to sit end of semester college exams, but had to leave early, couldn't focus, afraid of throwing up in the exam hall. Absolutely the pits, although thankfully my wonderful GP has put me on domperidone as a stop-gap measure, am back in the land of the living since yesterday - still feeling queasy and super-sensitive to smells (my poor husband fried steak and onions last night, unforgivable!!!). Going back to GP next week after exams to reassess meds for HG, apparently theres a Canadian (?) product that combines B6 and an anti-histamine that is worth looking into.

Also +1 on the not worrying too much. Pregnancy affects so many aspects of our anatomy, be they physical (muscles, bones, ligaments, tendons), biochemical (digestion, absorption) or mental (hormonal, plus stress of bearing all the other symptoms) that it's only natural that it manifests differently for every woman (apparently it can vary massively from baby to baby too!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Hi all,
    I think I am joining you all too. Just took my first ever pregnancy test and got a BFP.
    Feeling exhausted and pretty pukey already. Think I am due 18th Jan.

Congrats and welcome LMC!
    My boobs have officially grown, they are too big for my bra I bought last month!! Also killing me. Telling my mam this evening that she will be a first time granny at 70, can't wait!!

pooch90 wrote: »
    Congrats and welcome LMC!
    My boobs have officially grown, they are too big for my bra I bought last month!! Also killing me. Telling my mam this evening that she will be a first time granny at 70, can't wait!!
    Oh wow!! That is exciting! I am turning the big 30 in two weeks, we are heading away with my Mum, Dad and Sis so I guess I will be telling them then. It will be the first grandchild on my side, 4th on his ( his brother & wife are due in Dec with 2nd baby)

Have you decided on hospital care? I am trying to figure out semi v fully private. I would like to know the costs but that information seems like gold dust.

• Advertisement

Oh wow!! That is exciting! I am turning the big 30 in two weeks, we are heading away with my Mum, Dad and Sis so I guess I will be telling them then. It will be the first grandchild on my side, 4th on his ( his brother & wife are due in Dec with 2nd baby)

Have you decided on hospital care? I am trying to figure out semi v fully private. I would like to know the costs but that information seems like gold dust.

Congratulations. It will be a lovely way to tell your family the news.
    I'm going fully private in the Coombe this time around.
    I went semi private (€750 plus the cost of scans up to a max of €800. I needed 4 scans) and my insurance company paid the cost of my 5 night stay, epidural, labs, etc.
    I'm going fully private this time around as I had a few complications post delivery and I was unimpressed with the post natal care. I don't think things would have gotten so bad with an initial consultamt review.
    It is costing me €3800 plus the anomaly scan (€120 I think). My insurance company will refund €400 of that and pay for my accommodation, epidural, etc as before. I can also claim the remainder of the €3400 on my Med 1.

Thanks Penny Dreadful. On hospital choice of hospital how did you decide?

I was born in Holles St so kind of assumed I would go there, probably not very logical! My OH has changed overnight and is all about the best care etc, from the most laid back man on the planet.

Thanks Penny Dreadful. On hospital choice of hospital how did you decide?

I was born in Holles St so kind of assumed I would go there, probably not very logical! My OH has changed overnight and is all about the best care etc, from the most laid back man on the planet.

A few different reasons made my decision for me.
    Out of 6 children my mother had 5 of us in the Coombe and was happy. One was born in Holles St (the 2nd) and she had a dreadful experience.
    My sister had her 3 in the Coombe and was happy with her experience.
    It was handy for me from a work point of view for ante natal appointments.
    It had easier parking than Holles St.
    I also felt more confident with its level of care than with Holles St.
    That last point is a personal thing though as many many women have great experiences with both.

Made my doc appointment for next Friday, will take to him and hopefully get some advice. Holles street is relatively convenient for me with work and OH is only a 10 min walk away.
    I am confused and anxious, the worst thing is not being able to talk to anyone about it. This group is a life saver.

Made my doc appointment for next Friday, will take to him and hopefully get some advice. Holles street is relatively convenient for me with work and OH is only a 10 min walk away.
    I am confused and anxious, the worst thing is not being able to talk to anyone about it. This group is a life saver.

On your first it is head wrecking not to be able to talk to anyone about things as its the very time you really need to! This forum was a life saver for me too when I was pregnant on my first baby.
    My advice (you'll be inundated with advice from anyone and everyone btw- it may wreck your head) is to talk to your GP, get a recommendation for a consultant at ypur preferred hospital and you'll be grand.
    Ease of access for work for appointments and travel to the hospital from home on D Day is important as it will make for less stress during your pregnancy while attending appointments and the like.

Thanks Penny Dreadful, I was like an idiot in the doctors when she asked me questions about combined care and stuff.
    She laughed at my uselessness and said to talk to the Doc.

I am starting with a male doc and then switching to his daughter when she is back from maternity leave.

Thanks Penny Dreadful, I was like an idiot in the doctors when she asked me questions about combined care and stuff.
    She laughed at my uselessness and said to talk to the Doc.

I am starting with a male doc and then switching to his daughter when she is back from maternity leave.

My GP is male and he is very good. It really is down to the doctor in question all too often.
    I did the shared care last time (some appointments with the hospital and some with the GP/ nurse) and was happy with that. The pregnancy was fine so there were no issues.,
    I'll probably do the same this time too despite going fully private. I will have fewer appointments on this second pregnancy than first (all going well) and with an 8 month old in tow it would be easier to attend my GP for some appointments rather than trekking into the Coombe with her too.

I completely understand how you feel about not being able to talk to anyone. My boyfriend lives in the US and although he is coming home in a few weeks its been so difficult. We are both really clueless so far etc, and its harder with him being away because he doesnt really understand when I tell him im sick/sad/hungry/bloated and everything else. Im having my combined care in UCHG, visited the doc a week ago and she is to send the booking appointment :confused: I havnt received a letter yet for scan date, is this normal? when should I expect to have my first scan? I feel like ive just be given this massive news that im growing a baby and I have to figure out what happens next. I know everything in regards to lifestyle and health advice. Its more the appointments and stuff that I am concerned about. The doc didn't do bloods either?? I'm very very sick with the flu at the moment, been in bed the past two days completely run down. I am also feeling about 4 months pregnant and look that way too!! How are you ladies doing?

Sorry this is a really silly question, how do you know that you are "still" pregnant? Not you specifically but in general...... I know that is probably a really silly question

Irish twins! An 8 month old and one of the way, you will be busy!!

• Advertisement

Sorry this is a really silly question, how do you know that you are "still" pregnant? Not you specifically but in general...... I know that is probably a really silly question

Irish twins! An 8 month old and one of the way, you will be busy!!

My period was late, I did a test, it was positive, I did two more to be sure to be sure and there they were all positive.
    Since then no period.
    Boobs are increasingly tender and getting fuller and I feel pregnant - tired, loss of appetite, cramping and stretching in my lower abdomen...... All the same stuff as the last time.
    When the baby is born my little girl will be 16 months old- we'll have quite the full plate.

Advertisement